What's new

ENOUGH!

Do you support decisive military action against the Taliban militants?

• Yes

Votes: 54 96.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We can't blame Talibans for everything.....i mean it's our own fault if the things are goig so worse, because when during General Musharraf goverment, TTP with his anti-musharraf propaganda convinced many persons and our media also supported them....then everybody was just blind because of anti-Musharraf sentiments and no body cares about these terrorists, now we have the results. These Talibans have shown up their true face. they are fully supported by anti-Pakistan forces.

I support the Swat peace deal because we have only 2 options; try the democratic way or the other way.

Now we have done all that we can do through the democratic way, so if the Army take any action now, no body could say that they are doing the wrong things. it's the only other option left for us.

One thing i still didn't understand that how these Talibans gets all these funding and weapons? there isn't only the support from Afghan Talibans, also the foreign hands are involved in all this. :angry:

Things aren't so clear as they seem to be.....we have to face diffrent enemies and the hiding enemy is the most dangerous! :hitwall:

Woe to our government!!...that beseeched help from the outside source to resolve her own issues within the country...prostrating themselves before the "super power" hence labeling it as.."WoT"
Drone attacks that happened to be a prelude to the successive terrorist attacks throughout Pakistan...
Collateral damage ...inevitable...and plausible but not when you blindfold yourself and open fire killing whoever comes in the way...
Pakistan army is no less....rest assured it will outdo the drone attacks and with better outcomes ever achieved by far....it just has been underestimated (or dictated tacitly by the GoP maybe).
The victims will never protest the military operations within Taliban infested areas provided the cessation of Drone Attacks is complied.

When there's military operations going on in those areas people cry that civilians are caught in cross-fire and they want military operations to end but when there's a peace deal then people cry that Pakistan has given in to Taliban.

There's no winning!

Thn those people should be sent to TALIBANS Full Circle!, i guss most opposing person would be IMRAN KHAN, a political fool with no represention in legeslative , assemblies.
any one against TALIBANS, SHOULD BE WELCOMED , despite what ever , they are upto, which isnt important .
importance should be given to a united political front, against talibans?:azn::tup::smokin:
I think what Imran opposes is fighting this war in Pakistan. I think no Pakistani would like anyting better than to just scoop up the Taliban and drop them in the middle of Afghanistan if it was at all possible.

But once they've already taken over parts of our country, we HAVE to fight. The fact that it came down to this is what Imran is critical about.

Letters/opinions published in the News - not one that isn't critical of the Taliban.

Time to take on the Taliban head-on

Thursday, April 23, 2009
The Taliban are going around toting guns, flogging women, blowing up schools, killing and raping people, and no one is stopping them. We the sons and daughters of this great country of the Indus must and will stop the Taliban. We must fight them for every inch of Pakistan. They destroyed Afghanistan with the help of imperialism. They took billions of dollars from US imperialism to ruin that country, plunge it into chaos, anarchy and backwardness. They destroyed the lives of millions. They call themselves anti-American. They are not anti-American. They are the scum that US imperialism left in our region. They are scoundrels and counter-revolutionaries.

We call on the brave people of Pakistan to fight against the Taliban for every inch of our great country. Every stone is sacred, every field flourishes with our blood and sweat. The Taliban think they can terrorise the Pakistani people with suicide bombs and slaughter. They don't terrorise us. We the great people of Pakistan will fight them and their masters (US imperialism) and liberate our country.

The sons and daughters of Pakistan will throw you into the gutter. If our army refuses to fight, we will raise a new army to fight you, if our parliament surrenders we will raise a new parliament that will fight you. We will never surrender. We will never let our sacred homeland be desecrated by the Taliban or US imperialism. The five rivers of the Punjab will rise in flames and the valleys of Pakhtunkhwa will ring with the battle cry of the people of Pakistan against these marauders and the imperialist masters that created them.

Taimur Rahman

(Laal)

Lahore

Damn! Regardless the anti- US sentiments, with which I disagree, as a call to battle these are stirring words, probably among the most powerful I have read from a common citizen ever.

This, in particular, should go straight to the history books:

The sons and daughters of Pakistan will throw you into the gutter. If our army refuses to fight, we will raise a new army to fight you, if our parliament surrenders we will raise a new parliament that will fight you. We will never surrender. We will never let our sacred homeland be desecrated by the Taliban or US imperialism. The five rivers of the Punjab will rise in flames and the valleys of Pakhtunkhwa will ring with the battle cry of the people of Pakistan against these marauders and the imperialist masters that created them.

Sure that is gonna work? A peaceful long march thru FATA, Swat will change the mind of the Talibs?
Who said anything about FATA and Swat The long march would be directed towards Islamabad Sir,the capital not towards fata.Did you read the post carefully?
You gotta have Mahatma Gandhi to do that. If you do not have Gandhi, just send in your artillery.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
And from where the hell did Gandhi come to this scenario?:crazy:

Last edited:
After feeling a bit down for a couple of weeks, however, reading the sentiments of Ordinary Pakistanis, and seeing and hearing first hand of what the people of Pakistan, swat, Nwfp, Karachi, lahore, even FATA think about what is happening to our country,

I am filled again with HOPE.

I believe we can and we will overcome this menace.

Now is not the time to immerse ourselves in discussion on which of our stategic enemies is funding and equipping them. ONce we have annihilated this menace, then we will go to such countries, and demand an explanation for the wrongs they have done to us and compensation for our losses.

Until such time, we must fight. And fight we will. All of us, lawyers, teachers, labourers, policemen and women, army, maulvis and intellectuals, the pious and sinners, landlords and peasants, our young men and women, we have a duty to fulfill and we shall do so.

To all those thinking that the Pakistani people will be critical of any army action this time, that is not so.

Pakistanis are in essence a peaceful people, ever willing to turn the other cheek, even to those who have wronged them. But, to use a cliche, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We have realised that these degenerates do not understand the language of dialogue, reconciliation and tolerance.

Laaton kay bhoot, baaton say nahin mantay.

Last edited:
Good taleban is a dead taleban. Religious people should remind that you do not force it on others and with that you do not feed 160 million people.

What can you do from Brussels?

I'm not religious at all but i know in islam there is a teaching which i like which reminds of whats happening here -if you see injustice or wrong then change it with your hands and if you can't change it with your hands then speak out against it and if you are unable to speak out against it then hate in your hearts
The taliban are committing horrible crimes and tainting our religion obviously most of us can't take action against them but we are doing what we can by speaking out against them :pakistan:

O.K., you've decided to speak out against the Taliban. But to really fight them, doesn't there have to be someone or something you are willing to speak out for as an alternative? The Taliban, after all, are promising the perfect Islamic state. Pakistanis are Muslims. Why should the Taliban be opposed? Doesn't that mean favoring values other than Islam? Why shouldn't people and Army join with the Taliban and get everything over with quickly and avoid as much bloodshed as possible?

Pakistanis are Muslims. Why should the Taliban be opposed? Doesn't that mean favoring values other than Islam? Why shouldn't people and Army join with the Taliban and get everything over with quickly and avoid as much bloodshed as possible?

Just because we are muslims, doesn't mean that we support those muslims who seek to create an autocratic state, through planned violence and atrocity, and who mask their real intent of greed and lust, in misinterpreted notions of political Islam, which are far and away from the Islam that was revealed to the Prophet of Islam.

That would be akin to every Protestant christian supporting the Klu Klux Klan, or every Roman Catholic supporting IRA violence, and the unification of Ireland as a Catholic state.

Agreed. But can you clearly state what you offer instead, and why the Pakistani Army should be asked to fight for it?

O.K., you've decided to speak out against the Taliban. But to really fight them, doesn't there have to be someone or something you are willing to speak out for as an alternative? The Taliban, after all, are promising the perfect Islamic state. Pakistanis are Muslims. Why should the Taliban be opposed? Doesn't that mean favoring values other than Islam? Why shouldn't people and Army join with the Taliban and get everything over with quickly and avoid as much bloodshed as possible?
Do you really consider Taliban System Islamic or good system for Islamic State?Which Madrashhah have you been attending lately?
Wait I do get your sarcasm..Dude we're not a bunch of fools.If Pakistani People want Islamic System they must vote for Religious Parties.Religious Parties have never won more 20% votes.Usually Liberal Parties win elections so you can see Pakistan Society largely is not fanatic.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom