What's new

Enormous potential for growth: Bangladesh to Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka doesn't have lions. The Lion on Sri Lankan flag was an Indian Lion exported to Sri Lanka by Ashok in 3rd Century BC.

And Bangladesh has no Tigers. They are Indian Tigers who encroach Bangladeshi side of Sunderbans from time to time because of Rawamy stooge Govt :omghaha:.

So will you guys stop calling yourself after Indians and use some symbols of your own.

There's nothing called an Indian Tiger.It is and always has been Bengal Tiger.Its scientific name is Panthera tigris bengalensis.You should probably choose a national anthem which is in your official language.

There's nothing called an Indian Tiger.It is and always has been Bengal Tiger.

You Islamist brethren object to the use of the term "Bengali". So you are not Bengali but Bangladeshi. There is no such thing as Bangladeshi Tiger, it is Bengal Tiger. Bengal is in India. ;)

As much as I like being a stickler when it comes to semantics and grammar, a proclivity of mine which lamentably causes much acrimony, its a little banal and hackneyed to have to trudge through such repetitive exchanges.

First:- Yes its called the Bengal Tiger, yes Bengal is in India, yup we've got the largest population of em' BUT they are also found in Bangladesh and in numbers. So nothing wrong with them adopting it as a symbol.

Second:- Why are we discussing tigers and their habitat on a forum dealing with Bangladesh and Sri-Lanka affairs.

Third:- Why is a tiger cuddling up with a lion? For the love of all that's holy, try not to pussify everything you guys pick up. :shout: That way lies the danger of the mangina epidemic.

AND for all those who absolutely must know the population of the Bengal Tigers in India and Bangladesh respectively.

India :- 1,411 individuals ranging from 1,165 to 1,657 adult and sub-adult tigers of more than 1.5 years of age.

Bangladesh :- As of 2004, population estimates in Bangladesh ranged from 200 to 419, mostly in the Sunderbans. http://www.carnivoreconservation.org/files/thesis/khan_2004_phd.pdf
@Banglar Bagh @ni8mare...Content? Or is further amplification on this moribund matter required?

Last edited by a moderator:
First:- Yes its called the Bengal Tiger, yes Bengal is in India, yup we've got the largest population of em' BUT they are also found in Bangladesh and in numbers. So nothing wrong with them adopting it as a symbol.

Dude it was just a tongue in cheek reply, not a serious one. Thought I put a smiley just to make that clear.

not even a single post on the topic..
@Topic:its good if cooperation between the countries in the subcontinent increases.

There's nothing called an Indian Tiger.It is and always has been Bengal Tiger.Its scientific name is Panthera tigris bengalensis.You should probably choose a national anthem which is in your official language.

Why? Benagali is not an Indian Language? Or now Arabs of Bangladesh will put sole claim on it. By the way shouldn't you guys be speaking Arabic. Why are you speaking Bengali, a language derived from Pagan Sanskrit :P

Why? Benagali is not an Indian Language? Or now Arabs of Bangladesh will put sole claim on it. By the way shouldn't you guys be speaking Arabic. Why are you speaking Bengali, a language derived from Pagan Sanskrit :P

DUDE,DID YOU NOT SEE THE WORD 'OFFICIAL' IN MY QUOTE??

Dude it was just a tongue in cheek reply, not a serious one. Thought I put a smiley just to make that clear.

Nope,West Bengal is in India.And it is not the West Bengal Tiger.

Nope,West Bengal is in India.And it is not the West Bengal Tiger.

West Bengal is the western part of Bengal. It still is Bengal. They haven't changed their identity, they are proud to be called Bangali. On the other hand,......... I think you get the point :)

Bhai i don't understand why they call me a troll??

I have every RIGHT to reply to those thread in which My Country has been DRAGGED without providing any basis.

People make BIG CLAIMS & I don't have RIGHT to even ask for there SOURCE of that claim??

And they say that since They had given there Family Reference they aren't speaking lies, do you buy this argument??

I was given a warning by webby when I used his FAMILY argument sarcastically to him only.

If people start making claims without any basis than this forum will become a JOKE one day.
Now dont again lie you pathetic liar. Its you who start trolling in every BD thread without any provocation and here claiming to be the victim.

And why did you even bring his father for the sake of trolling in the first place. Concept of father or maybe having a father is a sarcasm to you.. and I guess it is the prime reason for the mental disorder you possess but its not the same for everyone. Now get it through your thick skull you idiot.

Teh teh BAGHA BHAI,are you from barisal?:-)woot:)why do you always reply in their standard?the greater Bengal in British time is no more.still they call it west Bengal.west of what?their wet dream? That will never come true.let them howl,what deference does it makes?they are practically steeling everything from us,now they are after tigers.have you seen Bengal tiger and Indian tiger up close?I have.find some documentary about bengal tigers,you'll see the difference. Chill man.these morons are not worth it.

West Bengal is the western part of Bengal. It still is Bengal. They haven't changed their identity, they are proud to be called Bangali. On the other hand,......... I think you get the point :)

Don't get me wrong.We are Bangalis.But we cannot use our ethnic identity as our national because we have other ethnic minorities in our country.Bangladesh literally means a country of Bengal.WB people are both Indians and Bangalis.We are Bangladeshi Bangalis.It would be racist to call for Bangali nationalism in Bangladesh.

AND for all those who absolutely must know the population of the Bengal Tigers in India and Bangladesh respectively.

India :- 1,411 individuals ranging from 1,165 to 1,657 adult and sub-adult tigers of more than 1.5 years of age.

Bangladesh :- As of 2004, population estimates in Bangladesh ranged from 200 to 419, mostly in the Sunderbans. http://www.carnivoreconservation.org/files/thesis/khan_2004_phd.pdf
@Banglar Bagh @ni8mare...Content? Or is further amplification on this moribund matter required?

The numbers you quoting are from 2004. And from 2001 strict laws were passed and have been imposed to control deforestation and hunting of tigers specifically. A tiger census will be launched this year but some studies done in previous years suggest their numbers have increased significantly. Well the point I am just trying to make is its not your patented right only to use RBT's as national symbol as some of your delusional countrymen are saying. We have a fairly large proportion of them and we have every right to use them as our symbol.

Back
Top Bottom