What's new

English Premier League - Previous Seasons

Can't wait for Sturridge to stay fit and score 20+ goals, that would surely improve our chances of qualifying for the Champions League, if not fighting for the title. I expect Origi and Ings to bang in big goals as well, assuming that they'll get sufficient playing time.

I hope Karius won't let us down, he's quite young but he's already made almost 100 appearances for Mainz which is a decent number for a 23-year old GK. This opinion might be a tad of a long shot for you lot but frankly, he's a match for the likes of Courtois, Cech and Lloris.

LFC had better sign a new left back sooner rather than later. As I've already posted, Jonas Hector or Ricardo Rodriguez would be ideal but I heard Hector doesn't fit Klopp's requirements :what:
just read now karius out for two months with a broken hand.So now its back to mignolet who seems to make a mistake every few games.I have high hopes for origi who was looking like he was settlling in before his injury.Like you said if we can keep sturridge fit he guaranteed 20 pus goals a season.I think if we can get a dm replace moreno and find another sammi hyypia what a player he was we be good to go.

just read now karius out for two months with a broken hand.So now its back to mignolet who seems to make a mistake every few games.I have high hopes for origi who was looking like he was settlling in before his injury.Like you said if we can keep sturridge fit he guaranteed 20 pus goals a season.I think if we can get a dm replace moreno and find another sammi hyypia what a player he was we be good to go.

Mignolet was poor in the game against Roma recently but hopefully he'll improve because I'm sure he's realised that he has to defend his first-choice goalkeeper spot and it won't be an easy task for him even though Karius will need some time to recover, especially from his hand injury.

In the previous seasons neither Brad Jones nor Adam Bogdan were in a position to compete against Migs as the first-choice GK despite the fact that Rodgers stripped him of the role in December 2014, only to hand it back to him after Jones was out injured, but Mignolet showed a strong performance after that for the rest of the season. Who knows, Klopp might start Manninger ahead of him if Mignolet does so poorly again. :P On a serious note, Manninger looked solid when he played in the 1st half.

Haven't thought about signing a new DM before but the Roma game showed we need one because Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum and I think Grujic too are more attack-minded midfielders and Lucas is likely to leave the club. The lack of a DM meant that Roma were able to find space between the midfield and the defence, allowing them to expose our CBs.

Thinking about the left back situation again Milner was good when he took that role in the same game. He's lacking pace but he can defend at least. Köln want £20m for Hector and I'm aware that we'll have to get used to the inflation of transfer fees every year (hell, Pogba may leave Juve for more than £100m) but I doubt Hector is worth that much. We were also linked with Ben Chilwell and Andrew Robertson but their asking price is £12m and £14m respectively, too much to justify paying that.

Wijnaldum might be our last signing in this transfer window, yet Klopp admitted that additional transfers might be made. Hopefully we can finally get rid of both Benteke and Balotelli, btw.

I have given up on mignolet he has a couple of good games then loses the plot and ends up costing us.Last season we needed a dm because teams went through our midfield to easily.Can not believe we not got one the team needs a player who can win balls and break up opposition play.You are right about transfer prices think everton want 75 million for lukaku crazy prices.

I stopped watching football altogether when Rafa took over Real Madrid last season, my prediction was that he would not last past winter break and that is exactly what happened. Thankfully Zizou took over and things started looking better however i only followed rest of the season and Euros partially. Guys like Rafa and Mourinho can really make you hate the game.

I can barely believe how we pulled off a 4-0 thrashing over Barca. This wasn't a full strength side we were up against but Luis Enrique started Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Arda Turan and Ter Stegen, hence it was far from being a second-string side too. I also like Real Madrid so it was hard for me not to find Mané's calma calma celebration hilarious :lol:

Grujic scored one worldy of a header in this game as well. If I can hazard a wild guess he might even be a better signing than Pogba. :enjoy: On a serious note, £100m is excessive for a player of his quality. This sum of money would be more appropriate for a forward who will score 50+ goals a season like Ronaldo but not for a midfielder like Pogba. Never jumped on the hype bandwagon anyway.

Kinda disappointed about how the Mainz game turned out to be but this game was more about regaining fitness, giving our academy products a chance and considering who to start in the opening game against Arsenal.

Has anyone watched the Community Shield game yesterday?

WOW!!
What a game we had yesterday!! Arsenal vs Liverpool!! Epic!!

Liverpool will be a great threat going forward this season and remains the team with most goals in 2016! The problem part is defense. We need to buy a reliable defender, preferably a left back before transfer window closes. A holding midfielder should be second on that priority list and even if we miss on that Can, Milner and Lucas can do the job for now. A defender is what we need!!!

WOW!!

Liverpool will be a great threat going forward this season and remains the team with most goals in 2016! The problem part is defense. We need to buy a reliable defender, preferably a left back before transfer window closes. A holding midfielder should be second on that priority list and even if we miss on that Can, Milner and Lucas can do the job for now. A defender is what we need!!!

Good game indeed. United bagged three points as well, with Ibra continuing his impressive debut goal tradition (Italy, Spain, France, Champions League and now England).

good result for liverpool yesterday our attack looked real good.The only downside was our defence moreno proving what every pool fan knows but apparently the management dont that he is useless
no positioning gets caught ball watching.If we could replace him and get a decent dm i think we give top 4 a good run.

Arsenal's winning it this year.

Arsenal doesn't have the finishing touch to be champion Top 4 Team Manchester united, Manchester city, Liverpool, Chelsea,

I have mufc as my pro pic yet no one tagged me:(

Don't worry nobody Tagged me also and MUFC has a good squad but i was hoping they will some how sign Robben

WOW!!

The goals were amazing also

Arsenal doesn't have the finishing touch to be champion Top 4 Team Manchester united, Manchester city, Liverpool, Chelsea,

Don't worry nobody Tagged me also and MUFC has a good squad but i was hoping they will some how sign Robben

The goals were amazing also
Yeahh!!! All four of them. Difficult to pick a winner!
An extra ordinary free kick, a spark of individual brilliance and two superb team efforts which as an article mentioned as "out arsenaling arsenal".

And sorry for not tagging you or @sherin616 however it is good to have you both here. :)

good result for liverpool yesterday our attack looked real good.The only downside was our defence moreno proving what every pool fan knows but apparently the management dont that he is useless
no positioning gets caught ball watching.If we could replace him and get a decent dm i think we give top 4 a good run.
I wont say "useless". he is a hardworker really and his aggressive/attacking instincts take forward often. This is the reason he is sometimes caught out of position. Talk some sense and make him realize when it is right time to press forward and he can be spark the left flank. Wont mind a more defense minded left back as i mentioned but wont call him useless either.

P.S. I really hope Ingss gets in. I feel confident that he will be a treat to watch. He have got skill and pace.

P.S. I really hope Ingss gets in. I feel confident that he will be a treat to watch. He have got skill and pace.

I'm sure he'll get a chance as long as he keeps regaining match sharpness. He scored a goal for the U23s in Premier League 2 against Southampton but unfortunately we lost that match 4-1.

Edit: It seems to me that Klopp sees the solution to the left back and holding midfielder issues in our squad itself rather than on the transfer market. This will sound odd to many of our fans but I have faith in him. Moreno has been highly rated in his home country during his spell at Sevilla and he was the first-choice LB of Spain's U21s. I know it's hard to keep cool when he does yet another defensive blunder but it's best to stand behind him no matter what. Firmino for instance loses the ball cheaply quite often and Can makes wrong decisions as well but since both know that they're fan favourites they've got the confidence to turn the game in our favour, which they mostly do. A player like Mignolet or Moreno however, doesn't enjoy that luxury.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom