What's new

English Premier League - Previous Seasons

I am comparing this liverpool team with Kloop's BVB. The team still needs some adaptation.

Klopp game needs high energy levels through out 90 minutes.

I see your point, the current side is doing good progress so far but it will take time until they finally reach the peak.

BTW, let's invite @mike2000 is back to the thread, a Chelsea fan if memory serves me right. I also wonder whether there are Spurs fans on PDF...

Spain vs Ireland?
Which FINAL are you talking about? o_O

Ahaa,,
well there will be quite a few of us here then :)
See you around!!
You ll never walk alone :P
@Arryn

Lolz,
What La Liga?
The league that was cherishing how finally they have got a third team the world knows about in Atletico? :P
:lol:

Spain versus Ireland, Euro cup final 2012.Imagine, I watched football match 4 years ago and after that got busy with my personal life and other stuff. :cry:

Regards

I see your point, the current side is doing good progress so far but it will take time until they finally reach the peak.

BTW, let's invite @mike2000 is back to the thread, a Chelsea fan if memory serves me right. I also wonder whether there are Spurs fans on PDF...
I wonder if there are Spurs fans in London :P

right @mike2000 is back :lol:

What I meant was this year's Euros in France, where Sweden failed to qualify for the knockout stage.

Have faith in Klopp, mate. It's not his style to splash all the money on big names because he makes world-class players. Just take a look at his tenure at Dortmund. No one - except for those closely following the Polish league - knew who Robert Lewandowski was when Klopp brought him to Dortmund but look at where he's now. Götze, Piszczek, Blaszczykowski, Reus, Aubameyang, Kagawa - they all thrived under Klopp as well. Two league titles and one DFB-Pokal is impressive given Dortmund's limited financial resources compared to Bayern.

Speaking of overpaying, you might argue that we did exactly that for Mane but bear in mind that he was under Klopp's radar already while he was the Dortmund manager. He's one of the most talented players in the PL and he brings pace to our side, something we lacked since Raheem Sterling had left, his only problem is his consistency but I'm sure Klopp will work on that with him. I watched the pre-season friendlies and he always turned out to be a threat to the opposition though he has yet to score.

Not sure whether it's City or United will win the league, I think Chelsea and Spurs are title contenders as well. Batshuayi and Kante are both awesome signings for Conte and Wanyama and Janssen will strengthen Poch's side as well.

I'd personally love to see Spurs win the league so that all the Gooners go wild about the fact that they can't celebrate St Totteringham's anymore. :lol:

I beg to differ. Right now there are but three teams that have a realistic chance of winning the league in La Liga while it's usually 5-6 sides that fight for the top spot in the PL. I find it dull when the Top 3 sides in La Liga tend to smash the smaller clubs 8-0 or so... :coffee: Put them in the PL and I believe it's likely that they may struggle with teams like Bournemouth, Swansea, Middlesbrough, West Brom etc. Playing Stoke away would be anything but easy for them too.
Hope you are right about mane think we still need a dm someone to replace moreno who i think is a liability.I also agree that spurs and the plastics will have a good season

Hope you are right about mane think we still need a dm someone to replace moreno who i think is a liability.I also agree that spurs and the plastics will have a good season
I am quite hopeful that Mane will prove to be worth every single penny we spent on him and then some! Also he addresses a key area in our team so i think he is a good buy. Also i agree that we need some strengthening at the back for sure. I wont mind a true winger as well but that is secondary for now. Priority should be to get in a defender to strengthen that area. I see a lot of goals this season and the team which concede less will be at advantage. ManU is set to excel in that area with Mourinho arriving with this pool of buses!

I am quite hopeful that Mane will prove to be worth every single penny we spent on him and then some! Also he addresses a key area in our team so i think he is a good buy. Also i agree that we need some strengthening at the back for sure. I wont mind a true winger as well but that is secondary for now. Priority should be to get in a defender to strengthen that area. I see a lot of goals this season and the team which concede less will be at advantage. ManU is set to excel in that area with Mourinho arriving with this pool of buses!

Can't wait for Sturridge to stay fit and score 20+ goals, that would surely improve our chances of qualifying for the Champions League, if not fighting for the title. I expect Origi and Ings to bang in big goals as well, assuming that they'll get sufficient playing time.

I hope Karius won't let us down, he's quite young but he's already made almost 100 appearances for Mainz which is a decent number for a 23-year old GK. This opinion might be a tad of a long shot for you lot but frankly, he's a match for the likes of Courtois, Cech and Lloris.

LFC had better sign a new left back sooner rather than later. As I've already posted, Jonas Hector or Ricardo Rodriguez would be ideal but I heard Hector doesn't fit Klopp's requirements :what:

Can't wait for Sturridge to stay fit and score 20+ goals, that would surely improve our chances of qualifying for the Champions League, if not fighting for the title. I expect Origi and Ings to bang in big goals as well, assuming that they'll get sufficient playing time.

I hope Karius won't let us down, he's quite young but he's already made almost 100 appearances for Mainz which is a decent number for a 23-year old GK. This opinion might be a tad of a long shot for you lot but frankly, he's a match for the likes of Courtois, Cech and Lloris.

LFC had better sign a new left back sooner rather than later. As I've already posted, Jonas Hector or Ricardo Rodriguez would be ideal but I heard Hector doesn't fit Klopp's requirements :what:
I agree with you in Sturridge. When it comes to quality and talent he is easily the best player we have. I hope he stays fit and if he does will be hopefully scores quite a few goals. Ings is also a bright prospect specially with Klopp style of play. I hope he gets decent play time and if he does i am confident he will be up there competing with top goal scorer

As for defender, well there are quite a few options and i think it is more about "will" and "vision" to go for one of them. I really like Moreno when he is going forward but he is the weak link when it comes to defense. One left back and perhaps another one who can play is a couple of different roles in defense is a must required.

I have not followed Mainz so do not know much about Karius but we do need someone who challenges Mignolet for the starting spot. If Karius is that guy then i am happy with it.

So how do people rate Leicesters chances this season? Ranieri has been adament that they won't be winning the title again but what about a champions league spot? Do we have a "big six" now?

I agree with you in Sturridge. When it comes to quality and talent he is easily the best player we have. I hope he stays fit and if he does will be hopefully scores quite a few goals. Ings is also a bright prospect specially with Klopp style of play. I hope he gets decent play time and if he does i am confident he will be up there competing with top goal scorer

As for defender, well there are quite a few options and i think it is more about "will" and "vision" to go for one of them. I really like Moreno when he is going forward but he is the weak link when it comes to defense. One left back and perhaps another one who can play is a couple of different roles in defense is a must required.

I have not followed Mainz so do not know much about Karius but we do need someone who challenges Mignolet for the starting spot. If Karius is that guy then i am happy with it.

Rest assured, Karius isn't here to warm the bench. Left back-wise Gomez can act as a backup and Milner can stand in as a fullback on either side (he's certainly not the most spectacular player in our squad but he's like a Swiss Army knife when it comes to positions). Considering that we're only playing in the PL, the FA Cup and the League Cup this season it doesn't make much sense to have a big squad but an additional left back would be nice. Maybe another right back would do as well to take the load off Clyne for a bit - he had 52 appearances last season!

So how do people rate Leicesters chances this season? Ranieri has been adament that they won't be winning the title again but what about a champions league spot? Do we have a "big six" now?

Depends on whether Ranieri can cope with Kanté's departure - he's been crucial to the Foxes' road to the title.

Absolutely not!
I wont rate them for top six. This is the truth although it is a bit sad.

Rest assured, Karius isn't here to warm the bench. Left back-wise Gomez can act as a backup and Milner can stand in as a fullback on either side (he's certainly not the most spectacular player in our squad but he's like a Swiss Army knife when it comes to positions). Considering that we're only playing in the PL, the FA Cup and the League Cup this season it doesn't make much sense to have a big squad but an additional left back would be nice. Maybe another right back would do as well to take the load off Clyne for a bit - he had 52 appearances last season!.
Yup for this exact "load sharing" reason i mentioned a defender who can fill in different roles. It do not makes much sense to hire multiple replacements and back up for all of back four. We already have a decent squad. Personally i would like a left back. Second priority, if possible, a versatile player to share some load.

Maybe if Arsene resigned Arsenal would buy a CB and a Forward........ But it seems hopeless with the current penny pinching, deal finding manager with no drive to be number one... Top 4 -.-

Maybe if Arsene resigned Arsenal would buy a CB and a Forward........ But it seems hopeless with the current penny pinching, deal finding manager with no drive to be number one... Top 4 -.-

I agree. Wenger is a legendary manager and Arsenal have won 2 FA Cups and 2 Community Shields in the last two years but if I were Chips Keswick I'd sack him, to be honest. Qualifying for the Champions League and finishing above Spurs aren't achievements, but mediocrity for a big club like Arsenal. Concluding last season as runners-up was lucky, given their poor run of form from January to March and Giroud's goal drought.

At the rate things are going at the moment I expect Spurs to finish above the Gooners, and yes, I rate Poch. The thrashing they got from the relegated Geordies was a one-off, considering that Dele Alli was suspended. Otherwise Spurs are becoming a stronger side each season under Poch.

Gunners finally beginning to question Arsene!!
The dawn of a new era for PL indeed :lol:

Guys i am quite happy that there are so many of us EPL fans here but no one for Fantasy Football League? I find it very entertaining and you are bound to stay up-to-date with the latest happening even in preseason once you get involved in FPL.
https://defence.pk/threads/fantasy-premier-league-2016-2017.441359/
Try it!!

I'm a Arsenal fan but they still haven't addressed their weaknesses from LY.

Back
Top Bottom