What's new

English Premier League - Previous Seasons

I see you point, Ibra is a huge name in world football. But he hasn't really impressed in the Euros, has he?

They sure do but they're running out on options. Higuain has signed for Juventus recently and Lacazette isn't likely imho because his contract is running until 2019 and Lyon have denied that bids were made for him.

If Arsene wanted a striker there are some good options like Vardy (failed bid), icardi, Lukaka etc..etc..., Problem is the bidding.

So many threads on cricket, what about football? :)

Football followers report in! Specially English premier league fans. The season start is nearing and the excitement level is rising! Quite a few new procurement to keep an key on. This season promises a lot. Lets see what it delivers.

Seriously, how many of our members follow English Premier League?

EDIT:
Ok with football fans showing up here now, for the second part of this "Following 2016/2017 season" visit below thread:
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

:)
I like football game.However, nowadays I am not getting enough time to watch football.Last time what I watched was the final match between Spain and Ireland. Believe me, I salute Spanish for representing the game by playing fairly and with dignity. Meanwhile on the other hand, Irish players were very desperate and their actions were very provocative. They didn't missed a single chance to push, hit and hurt Spanish players.
I was very happy when Spain had won the grand finale. :D

Regards

Love liverpool but dont expect much this season.Even with klopp i cant see us getting higher then 6th we are just not buying top end players but love over paying for players from the epl.I think city will win it and as much as i hate to say it i think united will do well.

I like football but cant commit to watch it.... dont watch club matches, mostly world cup... support german team.. :)

I am myself a sport enthusiast and ADIDAS (All day I dream about Sports) defines me well. In soccer I had played at position of defender and goalkeeper. So I am always touchy about poor goalkeepers when goal is scored against them :P. With English premier league we are getting a chance to see Metal striking metal. Anxiously waiting for the game as no specific team is my personal favorite, rather I love and enjoy the good game presented by any team. So its win win season for me :dance3::dance3::dance3:.

I used to follow the EPL closely in my youth....now got no time or interest for it really. I might catch a few games over the weekend with friends that are more into it :P

I was a liverpool fan back in the day too hehe.....back when Man U were kicking everyone's arses year after year.

is Aston Villa in partnership with Indian government ? .

and :sick:

images
Easah Suliman is an English born football player currently playing for Aston Villa. He also holds nationality with Pakistan.
Suliman is a very athletic centre-back, who has captained England U17s in their World Cup campaign last year.

will look out for this boy seems special

Shared fourth highest scorer in Euro history (http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/em/tore/1/). Had he played in a better team and got more support he would undoubtedly have more goals to his name.

What I meant was this year's Euros in France, where Sweden failed to qualify for the knockout stage.

Love liverpool but dont expect much this season.Even with klopp i cant see us getting higher then 6th we are just not buying top end players but love over paying for players from the epl.I think city will win it and as much as i hate to say it i think united will do well.

Have faith in Klopp, mate. It's not his style to splash all the money on big names because he makes world-class players. Just take a look at his tenure at Dortmund. No one - except for those closely following the Polish league - knew who Robert Lewandowski was when Klopp brought him to Dortmund but look at where he's now. Götze, Piszczek, Blaszczykowski, Reus, Aubameyang, Kagawa - they all thrived under Klopp as well. Two league titles and one DFB-Pokal is impressive given Dortmund's limited financial resources compared to Bayern.

Speaking of overpaying, you might argue that we did exactly that for Mane but bear in mind that he was under Klopp's radar already while he was the Dortmund manager. He's one of the most talented players in the PL and he brings pace to our side, something we lacked since Raheem Sterling had left, his only problem is his consistency but I'm sure Klopp will work on that with him. I watched the pre-season friendlies and he always turned out to be a threat to the opposition though he has yet to score.

Not sure whether it's City or United will win the league, I think Chelsea and Spurs are title contenders as well. Batshuayi and Kante are both awesome signings for Conte and Wanyama and Janssen will strengthen Poch's side as well.

I'd personally love to see Spurs win the league so that all the Gooners go wild about the fact that they can't celebrate St Totteringham's anymore. :lol:

EPL is sh!t. La Liga is the real deal

I beg to differ. Right now there are but three teams that have a realistic chance of winning the league in La Liga while it's usually 5-6 sides that fight for the top spot in the PL. I find it dull when the Top 3 sides in La Liga tend to smash the smaller clubs 8-0 or so... :coffee: Put them in the PL and I believe it's likely that they may struggle with teams like Bournemouth, Swansea, Middlesbrough, West Brom etc. Playing Stoke away would be anything but easy for them too.

So, we played against Chelsea today and we lost our first pre-season game and conceded our first goal in pre-season. Quite a disappointing goal to concede since we've been weak in set pieces last season. The match could've gone either way though as Coutinho had a clear cut chance and Firmino had a goal disallowed due to offside. After all , it was just a pre-season friendly where both we and Chelsea struggled with the very wet pitch and the hot weather.

If Arsene wanted a striker there are some good options like Vardy (failed bid), icardi, Lukaka etc..etc..., Problem is the bidding.

Icardi would be a decent option but I don't see Koeman letting Kuaku

So, we played against Chelsea today and we lost our first pre-season game and conceded our first goal in pre-season. Quite a disappointing goal to concede since we've been weak in set pieces last season. The match could've gone either way though as Coutinho had a clear cut chance and Firmino had a goal disallowed due to offside. After all , it was just a pre-season friendly where both we and Chelsea struggled with the very wet pitch and the hot weather.

Had some issues with my phone, sorry about that. Vardy signed a contract extension for Leicester and he didn't like Wenger's style, so...
Icardi had a mixed season but he'd be a decent option for Arsenal.
Can't see Lukaku leaving as he's a key player for Everton.

Chelsea rely on defensive strategy and an odd goal. Where as Klopp rely on free flowing football with high energy on the pitch.

I think Liverpool players still need to adopt to his game play. Some important players are coming from injury layoff like Sturridge.

Liverpool need some good wingers and a centreback !

Chelsea rely on defensive strategy and an odd goal. Where as Klopp rely on free flowing football with high energy on the pitch.

I think Liverpool players still need to adopt to his game play. Some important players are coming from injury layoff like Sturridge.

Liverpool need some good wingers and a centreback !

In my book the squad has already adapted to Klopp's style.

Wingers-wise, Mane can play on either side, Ojo plays on the wing as well though he might be loaned out and Markovic is another winger but his future at the club is uncertain, hope he'll step up in the remaining friendlies. Regardless, we already have a wealth of attacking options.

The central defence is well-covered with Matip as a 1st team player. Lovren and Sakho will have to fight for the remaining spot. Klavan is a good replacement for Kolo Toure an Skrtel and don't forget Joe Gomez, I hope he gets enough playing time.

Signing a new left back is a much more important priority.

In my book the squad has already adapted to Klopp's style.

Wingers-wise, Mane can play on either side, Ojo plays on the wing as well though he might be loaned out and Markovic is another winger but his future at the club is uncertain, hope he'll step up in the remaining friendlies. Regardless, we already have a wealth of attacking options.

The central defence is well-covered with Matip as a 1st team player. Lovren and Sakho will have to fight for the remaining spot. Klavan is a good replacement for Kolo Toure an Skrtel and don't forget Joe Gomez, I hope he gets enough playing time.

Signing a new left back is a much more important priority.

I am comparing this liverpool team with Kloop's BVB. The team still needs some adaptation.

Klopp game needs high energy levels through out 90 minutes.

I like football game.However, nowadays I am not getting enough time to watch football.Last time what I watched was the final match between Spain and Ireland. Believe me, I salute Spanish for representing the game by playing fairly and with dignity. Meanwhile on the other hand, Irish players were very desperate and their actions were very provocative. They didn't missed a single chance to push, hit and hurt Spanish players.
I was very happy when Spain had won the grand finale. :D

Regards
Spain vs Ireland?
Which FINAL are you talking about? o_O

I used to follow the EPL closely in my youth....now got no time or interest for it really. I might catch a few games over the weekend with friends that are more into it :P

I was a liverpool fan back in the day too hehe.....back when Man U were kicking everyone's arses year after year.
Ahaa,,
well there will be quite a few of us here then :)
See you around!!
You ll never walk alone :P
@Arryn

EPL is sh!t. La Liga is the real deal
Lolz,
What La Liga?
The league that was cherishing how finally they have got a third team the world knows about in Atletico? :P
:lol:

What I meant was this year's Euros in France, where Sweden failed to qualify for the knockout stage.

Ah yes, the Swedish team in this years Euros was probably the weakest Sweden team I have seen in my lifetime. They only made it through to the Euros cuz of a third place playoff win over Denmark who are even more shit at the moment lol. The midfield lacked any creativity and presence, forcing Zlatan to move down the field to help them out. However he does not possess the pace now to then charge back up and take an attacking position like he did before. Wing back Olson was probably the only remotely dangerous offensive player who was actually giving support to Zlatan. The coach's tactics also came under heavy scrutiny as he choose to play defensivily stronger midfielders even in must win games like the one against Ireland. No wonder Sweden had no shot on target in the first two games.

Back
Top Bottom