What's new

Engine Hunt Begins For Indian Civil Jet Effort

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
NCA3.jpg

Easily its most ambitious non-military aerospace endeavour, India has announced a competition to engine its proposed 90-seater indigenous regional jet, currently being conceptualised under the National Civil Aircraft Development (NCAD) programme under a cluster of civil and military laboratories.

The request for information put out by the National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL) requires responses by February 14, and is understood to have endorsed its RFI to all major engine vendors, including GE, Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney. The RFI provides some interesting prospective figures though. "Present estimates show that such an engine will be required around 2017 time frame," says the published RFI.

The NCAD project needs 40-80kN turbofans in a twin configuration, with a committed delivery of 20 engines in 2017 (when engine integration will presumably take place). Subsequently, according to the document, the project requires 1,000 engine sets at a rate of 80 each year spread over 20 years.

Livefist: Engine Hunt Begins For Indian Civil Jet Effort

Oh My god. they need 20 engine by 2017? for what? are we planning to fly any civilian plane before 2017?

Good news.

Are we devloping a high bypass ratio non afterburning engine?

Good news.

Are we devloping a high bypass ratio non afterburning engine?

India has announced a competition to engine its proposed 90-seater indigenous regional jet, currently being conceptualised under the National Civil Aircraft Development (NCAD) programme under a cluster of civil and military laboratories.

The request for information put out by the National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL) requires responses by February 14, and is understood to have endorsed its RFI to all major engine vendors, including GE, Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney

India has announced a competition to engine its proposed 90-seater indigenous regional jet, currently being conceptualised under the National Civil Aircraft Development (NCAD) programme under a cluster of civil and military laboratories.

The request for information put out by the National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL) requires responses by February 14, and is understood to have endorsed its RFI to all major engine vendors, including GE, Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney
I read that.
I am asking that are we devloping it seperately?

Are you sure?
I googled Kaveri engine and it says that we are devloping.

Dunno what they wanna do with Kaveri project... But that`s not for this civilian aircraft for sure.
any thing from drone to ship may be accelerated by kaveri but not this plane.

Time for India to develop their own Civilian Jetliner Engine......

Dunno what they wanna do with Kaveri project... But that`s not for this civilian aircraft for sure.
This is what i got.....

Applications
Plans are also already under way for derivatives of the Kaveri, including a non-afterburning version for an advanced jet trainer and a high-bypass-ratio turbofan based on the Kaveri core, named as Kabini.

GTRE GTX-35VS Kaveri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Time for India to develop their own Civilian Jetliner Engine......
Devloping a fighter plane engine is on priorty.......

Are you sure?
I googled Kaveri engine and it says that we are devloping.

Sources suggest that derated kaveri will be used for AURA.

It is believable because no nation can supply us power plant for UCAV (MTCR).

Sources suggest that derated kaveri will be used for AURA.

It is believable because no nation can supply us power plant for UCAV (MTCR).
I was talking about High bypass ratio version of Kaveri engine.

After reading your posts it seems that you think that Kaveri engine program has been shelved?

Civilian planes need worldwide servicing infra and trained service providers, something that existing players already have.
I didnt get your point?

This is what i got.....
Applications
Plans are also already under way for derivatives of the Kaveri, including a non-afterburning version for an advanced jet trainer and a high-bypass-ratio turbofan based on the Kaveri core, named as Kabini.

GTRE GTX-35VS Kaveri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Devloping a fighter plane engine is on priorty.......

The link number 31 led to article in 1998.

I was talking about High bypass ratio version of Kaveri engine.

After reading your posts it seems that you think that Kaveri engine program has been shelved?

I didnt get your point?
Airlines fly all over the world. Engine servicing and spares infra of Rolls Royce, Pratt and whitney etc. are widely available. You need bllions to build that up and customers would most probably go with other brands because of existing convenience and experience.

Back
Top Bottom