What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
- DAWN - Latest Stories; November 03, 2007

Pakistan to continue India tour: cricket team official NEW DELHI, Nov 3 (Reuters): Pakistan will continue their cricket tour of neighbouring India even though emergency rule has been imposed back home, a team official said on Saturday. “We are just focusing on cricket,” the team's media manager Ehsan Malik said. “We've had no intimation (from the Pakistan board). Everything is status quo.” Pakistan will leave New Delhi on Sunday for Guwahati for the first one-dayer to be played the next day. (Posted @ 21:24 PST)

realy great to hearn tht iam trying to conectthe web 4more, but cant get any more. cause iam out of country. hope every thing will be fine.good decicion, but comming late, gen,musharf should done tht in the past, i mean at least,5 months before, cj was traped by cia, through bb s depty, attizaz ahasan, as 4 bb, u all know, wht she can do for cia, i think, now, every thing is clear, the role of our, politisions, cj and the media, every thing shouldbe re-write agaian, and also, gen.mushraf should tell the amricans tht they have already, cross the diplomatic line, and its time 4 them to jst backofffffffffff. i am happy tht at least gen.mushrf still have 60% pakistani blood runing in his body.

realy great to hearn tht iam trying to conectthe web 4more, but cant get any more. cause iam out of country. hope every thing will be fine.good decicion, but comming late, gen,musharf should done tht in the past, i mean at least,5 months before, cj was traped by cia, through bb s depty, attizaz ahasan, as 4 bb, u all know, wht she can do for cia, i think, now, every thing is clear, the role of our, politisions, cj and the media, every thing shouldbe re-write agaian, and also, gen.mushraf should tell the amricans tht they have already, cross the diplomatic line, and its time 4 them to jst backofffffffffff. i am happy tht at least gen.mushrf still have 60% pakistani blood runing in his body.

Here is the American reaction. I think secretly they are happy that Gen M is still there.

Regards

Rice: Return to democracy in Pakistan - Yahoo! News

Rice: Return to democracy in Pakistan
By ANNE GEARAN, AP Diplomatic Writer
7 minutes ago

ISTANBUL, Turkey - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Saturday it was "highly regrettable" that Pakistan's president had declared a state of emergency. She urged restraint on all sides and a swift return to democracy.

The United States "does not support extraconstitutional measures," Rice said in an interview with CNN from Turkey, where she was participating in a conference with Iraq's neighbors.

Gen. Pervez Musharraf suspended the constitution ahead of a Supreme Court ruling on his future as president and replaced the chief justice. His government blocked transmissions of private news channels in several Pakistani cities. Telephone services in the capital were cut.

The Bush administration said it was "deeply disturbed" by the developments, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said in a statement.

"A state of emergency would be a sharp setback for Pakistani democracy and takes Pakistan off the path toward civilian rule," McCormack said.

Musharraf, who took power in a 1999 coup, claimed a sweeping victory in voting Oct. 6. He has pledged to quit the army before starting a new five-year term, but declined on election night to say whether he would accept a negative verdict from the court.

"President Musharraf has stated repeatedly that he will step down as chief of army staff before retaking the presidential oath of office and has promised to hold elections by January 15th," McCormack said, referring to parliamentary voting. "We expect him to uphold these commitments and urge him to do so immediately."

At the White House, officials tracking the fast-moving developments had no immediate public response. But the strong-armed maneuvers by Musharraf appeared to be a clear blow to the Bush administration, which has aggressively tried to stem any move toward authoritarianism in Pakistan, an important ally in the fight against terrorism.

McCormack offered words of support for pro-democracy efforts in Pakistan.

"The United States stands with the people of Pakistan in supporting a democratic process and in countering violent extremism," McCormack said. "We urge all parties to work together to complete the transition to democracy and civilian rule without violence or delay."

Emergency is not good for Pakistan's economy its a setback infact it will undo most of the progress and generate negative publicity.

why is the indian army on alert. i mean what does this have to do with them. i mean this people are trying to show that pakistan is so unstable that anything can happen this is so stupid.

why is the indian army on alert. i mean what does this have to do with them. i mean this people are trying to show that pakistan is so unstable that anything can happen this is so stupid.

Its a common phenomenon and SOP and if India was going thru similiar situation the the PA would go on alert to. Infact at this moment the US Armed Forces near Pakistan and in Pakistan will be at high alert also, however it does not mean they are planning to attack Pakistan.

Regards

plz, if, u amricans, if u realy r pakistan s true friend, plz dont tell us how to run our country, we already dont have good economy, but we back our gen. mushrf, and also we dont give a dam to ms conoleeza rice, its our country, stop intrfreying, in our, affairs, jst back off, backofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

I am not american I am from UK.

Regards

All those who love mushy so much here.......a day will come when you all will realize you all suported the a traitor....a hypocrite.....

indain army alert

:rofl: :rofl:

i am imagning the senerio: indian officers saydig to there jawans.

wake up, Wake up, it is an Emergency :lol:

Regards
Wilco

All those who love mushy so much here.......a day will come when you all will realize you all suported the a traitor....a hypocrite.....
you can go to somewhere else to tell this B.S we are not interested.

& yeh, we have seen how much patriot your leaders are.

Regards
Wilco

you can go to somewhere else to tell this B.S we are not interested.

& yeh, we have seen how much patriot your leaders are.

Regards
Wilco

I am sure you have some mama chacha sitting with establishment ,,,,,,,,dont start with me here .....due to ppl like you here are hardl few people who visit this forum,

Back
Top Bottom