What's new

Electricity bills: GHQ seeks 50pc rebate for officers

No its not. Membership fees are taken from their salaries.

No its not. Country Club food is cheaper than Restaurants due to economies of scale and volume and the fact that most of it is sold at slightly above cost rather than to make a big profit.. And officers clubs are basically country clubs. Islamabad Club prices are about 2/3rd for a meal compared to a similar restaurant, Lahore Gymkhana is about half. Both are fully provate.

No, if anything they have better than forces personnel.

Are you kidding me? Most departments offer much greater benefits than that, including free electricuty units, petrol (upti 300 litres a month for some jobs) plus multiple types of "allowances".

No need to fool anyone and frankly your posts here seem to suggest absolutely zero knowledge about service conditions.

Lolz yeah by ur view army has worst facilities and its better to be sarkari teacher because they have way better perks. Just wow. Its pathetic how military ppl defend this, infact show it as nothing. What else u want? There is nothing left in the country that have not been usurped by armed forces, heck even toll plaza business is taken over by them. Bit acc to u primary school sarkari teachers get better facilities. Ppl should become sarkari school teachers n do ayaashi instead joining army n living miserably right?

Lolz yeah by ur view army has worst facilities and its better to be sarkari teacher because they have way better perks. Just wow. Its pathetic how military ppl defend this, infact show it as nothing. What else u want? There is nothing left in the country that have not been usurped by armed forces, heck even toll plaza business is taken over by them. Bit acc to u primary school sarkari teachers get better facilities. Ppl should become sarkari school teachers n do ayaashi instead joining army n living miserably right?
Politicians are bad, army generals are bad, judges are bad. Only I am good @TNT

You don't even have an idea of how things are.. Mostly officers are waiting in line for the limited MOQs and are living without families.. Btw if you aren't given a married accommodation and you are married, you only get 5 thousand allowance.. Please tell me of any liveable small house that the officer can then rent with that amount?
No clubs are free, what free/cheap food? Do you even know the rates of army messes? The officers that dine at messes pay for each single bill including electricity, gas and for every function held there. At many places the officer has to pay rent of even MOQs.. For example I've seen an officer pay 18 thousand for a 2 small room flat without any dining or drawing room a 5-6 feet balcony only..
Do you even know that each officer has to pay about 25 thousand at least just for messing.. For food? Itne paise dene ke bad apke pass itna nae bachta ke you dine at the damn peshawar club or whatnot..

Club memberships are free, food is subsidized in clubs, go chk prices. No mostly govt jobs there are 50 houses for 500 employs. And if it doznt make difference then make energy free for civilians as well. You cant fool the ppl, we all have connections and relatives and we see the difference.

Electricity and energy price increases are insane around the world right now.

No, if anything they have better than forces personnel.

Dude are you kidding us ?

Correct me if iam wrong, A bps 19 associate professor who's generally condemned by the apartheid law to reach grade 18 before ten years of service rides a Yamaha, shares a ghostly quarter with his colleagues, his parents and kids can't get free qouta medical treatment, dont get refund over bus tickets let alone flying with in his own province if its not official business . Even for the govt scholarships his kids have to compete with every other applicant.

And while we are at it plz do tell how many acres of land a teacher receives on retirement? Not that its a sane demand .

A phd public management tutor can't switch his job in favour of Pakistan clerks administration/police service but a graduate in war studies can without going through any written test ------

The nation spends millions upon each cadet to teach him war skills but at the end of the day some just feel like getting bore so the same nation has to pay an extra arm and leg to train him on how to become a clerk/thanaydar .

Make up your mind first, if its the bara ho k mulk ka sipahi bano ga josh jazba etc ya tukka lga k cerki (qom ki khidmat)krni hai ?

I say just do away with this colonial afsar system and recruit only professionals as secretaries on contract basis while making it mandatory for the average to join civil service either as a clerk or a rookie cop and then make your way up by passing departmental exams only then we can witness how many military officers abandon their gazetted pay scales in favour of signing up for the qom ki khidmat

dont they wish their general sabhs dint intervene in politics and bred Haram zada politicians who looted everything and now everyone is paying the price for general sabhs greed of power and wealth!

Dude are you kidding us ?

Correct me if iam wrong, A bps 19 associate professor who's generally condemned by the apartheid law to reach grade 18 before ten years of service rides a Yamaha, shares a ghostly quarter with his colleagues, his parents and kids can't get free qouta medical treatment, dont get refund over bus tickets let alone flying with in his own province if its not official business . Even for the govt scholarships his kids have to compete with every other applicant.

And while we are at it plz do tell how many acres of land a teacher receives on retirement? Not that its a sane demand .
A BPS 18 is a senior captain or a major. BPS19 a senior major or a Lt Col. BPS20 is a Brig. A MajGen is BPS21.
Your basic error is in comparing 3 stars (35-40 years of service), equivalent to Federal Secretaries, with mid level civilians. It is these guys who get the "perks" that everyone screams about . You for some reason are thinking every officer gets that perk.
Secondly, you again forget that every civil Government department sets its own perks and privileges.

So to my friends from the PTI, I have a simple question, by when can we start putting some blame on Imran Khan and PTI's performance? I mean we are now in the middle of the 4th year of their Government, right? And yet the debt and inflation increases every year; we are in a worse off position than we were in 2019, shouldn't inflation would have started to come down by now by saving those trillions (cumulative) which were being lost to corruption and bad governance till 2018?

And please, let's be honest, no number games and no blame games on previous Governments; we are fed up of that now. Why is it that the common Pakistani like myself is feeling the pinch and shrinking of buying power every year?

I mean, I know the answer but was still wondering........

A BPS 18 is a senior captain or a major. BPS19 a senior major or a Lt Col. BPS20 is a Brig. A MajGen is BPS21.
Your basic error is in comparing 3 stars (35-40 years of service), equivalent to Federal Secretaries, with mid level civilians. It is these guys who get the "perks" that everyone screams about . You for some reason are thinking every officer gets that perk.
Secondly, you again forget that every civil Government department sets its own perks and privileges.

Now you've resorted to as we say in Punjabi min min min.

You for some reason are thinking every officer gets that perk.

I didnt say that ------. The professionals suffer while thanaydar and clerk takes the lion's share

So to my friends from the PTI, I have a simple question, by when can we start putting some blame on Imran Khan and PTI's performance? I mean we are now in the middle of the 4th year of their Government, right? And yet the debt and inflation increases every year; we are in a worse off position than we were in 2019, shouldn't inflation would have started to come down by now by saving those trillions (cumulative) which were being lost to corruption and bad governance till 2018?

And please, let's be honest, no number games and no blame games on previous Governments; we are fed up of that now. Why is it that the common Pakistani like myself is feeling the pinch and shrinking of buying power every year?

I mean, I know the answer but was still wondering........
Pandemic.

Pandemic.

Corona didn't consume 6 million pkr worth of office tea in a matter of a year , a single federal bearucrat did.
which is considered a legal right by the powers to be .

Pakistan Army Wants 50% Reduction in Electricity Bills for Officers​

Yeh mulk tumhara hai. Ham tau hain kham kha is mein.

Oh bhai, baki departments ko bhi 50% off ker du phir. Civilians ka kya qasoor hai ?

As non-stop raise in electricity tariff is hitting consumers across the board, General Headquarters (GQH) through Ministry of Defence (MoD) has approached National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) for 50 per cent rebate to Commissioned Officers on electricity bills, well informed sources in NEPRA told Business Recorder.

This request was despatched by the GHQ, Quarter Master General Branch, Director Works and Chief Engineer (DG&CE) Army.

The communication says that the rebate on electricity charges for Army Officers was fixed by the GoP @ 25% in 1985. The rebate was revised @ 50% on electricity units consumed vide SRO No. (1)/96. However, other charges/ taxes, as notified from time to time, are required to be paid in full by the Officers in as per rates mentioned in schedule of electricity tariff for ex-Wapda Companies effective from August 13, 2002. Revision of rates for WAPDA (now Distribution Companies-DISCOS) was issued in a letter No. 2290-2315/GMCS/Tariffs/T-150 (Vol-lx) on August 20, 2002.

According to DG&CE, Military Engineering Services (MES) continued the practice of giving rebate @ 50% on energy charges in the light of notifications. However, Discos, later on, amended the rates in the name of variable and other charges, i.e., variable charges, sale rates of electricity per Kwh, which covers the unit price. Other charges include additional cost to cover taxes/ surcharges such as financial cost surcharge, fuel price adjustment, Electricity Duty, Neelum Jhelum Surcharge, Tariff Rationalization Surcharges and GST.

“MES is giving refund @ 50% to be calculated on the basis of energy charges instead of variable unit charges. This has curtailed the electricity bills rebate to around 3.5% instead of 50% to Army officers,” said Director DG&CE in his communication with Nepra.

In view of above, a case for amendment was initiated with MOD, which has asked to get views/ comments of NEPRA and Power Division as required in terms of Rule 18(4) of this Rule of Business 1973.

Nepra says taxation through power bills not its domain

Last year, Ministry of Defence had drafted a summary for the Cabinet titled “NFC- 50 per cent rebate to commissioned officers on electricity bills” and sent to Finance Ministry for comments.

Ministry of Finance, while commenting on the proposal said that proposed draft summary for the Cabinet has been examined in Finance Division (MF wing) and argued that since the matters concerning electricity bills fall under the purview of Power Division, Defence Ministry should approach Power Division or Nepra for guidance as required in terms of Rule 18 (4) of the Rule of Business, 1973. However, instead of getting the requisite guidance, only an old reference of December 2, 2008 from Nepra was added which does not serve the purpose as there is no elaboration.

Finance Division also requested Ministry of Defence, to get specific input/ recommendations from Power Division/Tri Services and again repeated specific input/ recommendations from Power Division/ Tri-Services (not only GHQ) through self-contained note, highlighting background of the case and circumstances leading to reduced rebate benefits as required in terms of Rules 18(4) of the Rule.

Electricity prices have been increased by about 60 per cent by the incumbent government and it is preparing for another increase in base tariff up to Rs 0.95 per unit for consumers to be effective from February 1, 2022. The subsidy rationalization plan will massively hit the middle-income group consumers who use 200-400 units monthly.

They were getting 50% discount on electricity charges and now are seeking same discount on variable include additional cost to cover taxes/ surcharges such as financial cost surcharge, fuel price adjustment, Electricity Duty, Neelum Jhelum Surcharge, Tariff Rationalization Surcharges and GST.
GHQ and Co really wants awam to loose its charsed power cool. Creating more separation, more hate.
aik tau mulk ka bera ghark kro oper se ap side safe rakho...
wah kia bat hy

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom