What's new

Elections Are Coming!!??

I have always recognized and called the PDM PPP and others the criminals that they have been all along, and even now, let us be clear on that. I have also always called out the military's shenanigans for over a decade at great cost of PDF, as @AgNoStiC MuSliM and many others will testify.

Now on to IK. I do not know what he will do. What is important is that if he is promising Naya Pakistan, Raisat-e-Madina, Haqiqi Azadi, or whatever the currently fashionable slogan being raised, is to ask the question exactly what and how he will do any differently to actually achieve any of the promises he is making. If he cannot tell us that, then he is just as false a messiah as all those before him. If he walks away, I would not blame him for doing so, but at least he should stop misguiding his followers.

If he actually has any viable plans to deliver on his promises, I would not hesitate to support him 100%, but not before he explains his policies.
Fair enough - I would argue that what little he did demonstrate during the PTI's time in power was quite promising - focusing on the rights of religious minorities, social welfare programs, the single national curriculum overhaul (even with its flaws, better than what we had), reducing unnecessary government expenses etc. He was pushing for more robust national testing for future physicians, lawyers etc.

His government was working on digitizing public records and services and wanted to make elections more transparent and fair via EVM's and other reforms and he was slowly asserting himself against the Army, which eventually led to his downfall. Advertising payments to media houses as a means of 'courting good coverage' largely ended, perhaps one of the main reasons for why such a large part of the media was (and continues to be) so adamantly opposed to him.

Some of the more pressing economic issues (circular power debt, debt servicing payments etc) I am not sure anyone has a good solution - other than biting the bullet and implementing severe austerity policies that will cause a lot of pain for the short-medium term.

He may not have been successful in most of the above and his policies may not be perfect, but what his short term in office shows is that he wanted to change the status quo and bring about reforms and change that few have tried to in decades and he remains the only un-tainted leader available and his party the only party that can genuinely claim to care about the middle class.

But before all the above, he should be supported because the PTI is the only party continuing to argue for a free and fair democratic process and an end to the Army's unconstitutional interventions and treasonous actions in Pakistan.

Sir Jee: Saaqay Kanjar kay number kay liye, General Heera-mandi Quarter say raabta karain. 😛😛😛
بھوکے نے بھوکے کی ماری دونوں کو غش پڑ گیا

1670519810393.png

Fair enough - I would argue that what little he did demonstrate during the PTI's time in power was quite promising - focusing on the rights of religious minorities, social welfare programs, the single national curriculum overhaul (even with its flaws, better than what we had), reducing unnecessary government expenses etc. He was pushing for more robust national testing for future physicians, lawyers etc.

His government was working on digitizing public records and services and wanted to make elections more transparent and fair via EVM's and other reforms and he was slowly asserting himself against the Army, which eventually led to his downfall. Advertising payments to media houses as a means of 'courting good coverage' largely ended, perhaps one of the main reasons for why such a large part of the media was (and continues to be) so adamantly opposed to him.

Some of the more pressing economic issues (circular power debt, debt servicing payments etc) I am not sure anyone has a good solution - other than biting the bullet and implementing severe austerity policies that will cause a lot of pain for the short-medium term.

He may not have been successful in most of the above and his policies may not be perfect, but what his short term in office shows is that he wanted to change the status quo and bring about reforms and change that few have tried to in decades and he remains the only un-tainted leader available and his party the only party that can genuinely claim to care about the middle class.

But before all the above, he should be supported because the PTI is the only party continuing to argue for a free and fair democratic process and an end to the Army's unconstitutional interventions and treasonous actions in Pakistan.

I cannot disagree with much of the above. IK made some promising starts to resolve problems as you mention above, except the SNC, which is an unmitigated disaster, and his U-turn on IMF.

The only thing I will observe is that merely arguing for free and fair democratic processes and stopping the military's illegal supra-Constitutional authority has happened many times before in Pakistan's history, but always by inept liars who never presented any viable plans on HOW to achieve their very logical and true demands, and is simply NOT enough to demand support.

If IK cannot present any cogent plans and policies, then he is no different than all his predecessors promising the heavens and the earth just to regain power. As I said above, if he can present those, then I would undoubtedly support him. Thus far, he has not.

Wtf are folks here cheering for.. elections were due next year first half any way.

The question is whether Imran has done his homework for economy or is he gonna come back and reinstall buzdar.

Dont know about elections , but believe me no country want to give money to an unstable govt at the verge of default
CORRECTION: No Government wants to give money to those individuals whom they know (for a fact) are Criminals in the eyes of the General Public.

They're not idiots. They have BIG Screen TV's running the News too.

They have plenty of Pakistanis working in different sectors in their Countries and know whom the those people support.

Providing an extension as well as continuing to be willing to provide more and allowing them to exert power and influence on government institutions is the opposite and there is clear evidence that PTI facilitated this. So this is pretty disingenuous by PTI.

Last edited:
The only thing I will observe is that merely arguing for free and fair democratic processes and stopping the military's illegal supra-Constitutional authority has happened many times before in Pakistan's history, but always by inept liars who never presented any viable plans on HOW to achieve their very logical and true demands, and is simply NOT enough to demand support.

If IK cannot present any cogent plans and policies, then he is no different than all his predecessors promising the heavens and the earth just to regain power.
So what kind of presentation are you looking for? What kind of show of intent do you need?
You want him to pass a law saying there should be no interference from the army in political matters?
That's already there is the constitution?

So, maybe what he can do is slowly reclaim the lost space by making a stand. He did that, got yeeted tf out. But I can see that failed to impress you.

Wtf are folks here cheering for.. elections were due next year first half any way.

The question is whether Imran has done his homework for economy or is he gonna come back and reinstall buzdar.
no, this time. He is going to appoint aleem khan. and all will be fixed.

I can tell you what I said when PDM came in- we said that RDA accounts and remittances were going to tank. The Noonie brigade, conspicuously absent these days, gaslit our conversation and said no, remittances are doing fine. RDA accounts have never been better. Etc. this is was all eyewash ofc.

Coming to the problem at hand, Pakistans problem is it’s current account deficit- in reality, credit goes where credit is due, Miftah already took some ownership of this problem after remittances fell and RDA fell and increased prices and everything. Paid the price but he had stabilized the economy. Primary current account is less than half a billion a month (that is after remittances and RDA have tanked).

Maybe the Noonie brigade can explain the wisdom of bringing Dollar Dar back. No real explanation there except it seems to **** with the currency market to make it seem like he is GOAT.

Coming to the question at hand, if IK comes back, he can do a few things right away that would fix our problems. Give voting rights to expats and more rights in general or overseas. That will give them confidence and you will see a rebound in remittances rather quickly. Remember remittances are down more than what our primary current account is. With positive primary CAD, we will be able to unlock financing so that default will be averted.

Then longer run, go hard after reforms on army, judiciary and elite class. He will have a short window to really go hard on them. He will have to seize it. Digitize everything. Remove bureaucracy. Tax rich elite class deeply. And much the same as what he was doing. Please keep a primary positive CAD. Our economy to fragile to have negative CAD and currency crisis.

. . . exactly what and how he will do any differently to actually achieve any of the promises he is making. If he cannot tell us that, then he is just as false a messiah. . .
He has told that MANY times over & over again
Looks like you like most Pakistanis are tuned to accept announcement of a metro or underpass as someone doing something.
There's a thing called memory-leak, where a corrupt poorly designed software keeps occupying RAM but doesn't release it fully, thereby gobbling whole RAM after some repeated use.
If that corruption in software could be stopped, many ills remedy without announcing a bridge or metro or underpass. Self healing will happen in society too once IK's policies below are implemented.

You cannot say he didn't tell you "whats & hows" but you may argue that "why IK didn't ensure the following steps in his 3.5 years", and he has answered that too, that he was toothless. IK has said that whenever he called upon MNAs to do legislation they threatened him with switching sides or wouldn't show up, but whenever he called them for dev-funds, everyone came running.

There are 3 Ps,
- Policy = mission statement = IK must give you this
- Process = higher level work flow = IK should contribute to this
- Procedure = lower level step by step working details = IK cannot give you that if this is "whats & hows" you expect
Only the top 1 or 2 come from leadership of any organization, the third "P" is always worked out by subject matter experts.

System is already running, but is sick, so following non-metro non-underpass projects will give system room to heal itself.
Below are IK's answers to "what" & "how"

- uniform application of law on big and small (hasn't IK said that thousand times?)
- non-politicizing police/establishment (hasn't IK said that thousand times?)
- taking corruption cases to end, punish the corrupt (hasn't IK said that thousand times? blocked from achieving by Bajwa)
- Broaden tax base (hasn't IK said that thousand times?) this will address non-$ money issue
- elevate dignity of human beings (hasn't IK done that via Langar Khanay he started & by resisting FULL lockdown that ISPR(Bajwa) had announced in act of defiance to PM?)
- work on confidence of ex-pats so that they remit & invest more (didn't IK start that via Roshan Digital & EVM?) this will address $ shortage
- work on core & long term more than the peripheral (i.e. roads & showcase projects) & short term gimmicks (didn't IK start large dams)
- "خودی" self esteem (didn't IK try to mend rel w Rus & get fuel & grains at discount & took the brunt of EU & US & establishment & lost government for "خودی"?)
-
-

etc etc

So what other kind of "whats & hows" would satisfy your appetite? Do you want to hear announcement of underpasses or laptop or yellow cab scheme or something?

Quelques petites questions:

What he had said thousands of times previously obviously did not work. What will he do anything differently this time around so it will work? Otherwise, are we expected to support his failure to deliver again?

If he claims to be toothless the first time as the reason for his failures, has he developed teeth now that we do not know about?

Why it didn't work last time? ask Bajwa, ask ISI, ask courts, ask CSS officers, ask MNA MPA who threatened switching side & did switch, ask voters many of whom are spell bound by the title "Bhutto" (many old school Journos too) or "Shaerrrrrrr" unable to see if there's any substance left in these titles.

What will he do anything differently this time? Has he developed teeth now? well IK has given his policies, now it's upto public, the voters, to give him teeth, and again on ISI who always meddles, Bajwa-mindset & remnants, Election Commission, military mindset, CSS officers, and so many variables that are not in IK control. He can only do so much.

And why would he do it differently? his policies (P#1) above were same 20 years ago as they are now. Working details (P#2 & P#3) may have changed in order to maneuver around thorns in the system, as IK once said "don't compromise on your goals (policy), but compromise (procedures) for your goals"

Lets say IK does not have any idea how to produce strong teeth this time, then what should a genuinely concerned Pakistani do; vote for Zardari? vote for Nawaz? vote for Maulvi?

What are their other options if they want to change status quo?

Last edited:
Below re IK's answers to "what" & "how"

- uniform application of law on big and small (hasn't IK said that thousand times?)
- non-politicizing police (hasn't IK said that thousand times?)
- taking corruption cases to end, punish the corrupt (hasn't IK said that thousand times?)
- Broaden tax base (hasn't IK said that thousand times?) this will address non-$ money issue
- elevate dignity of human beings (hasn't IK done that via Langar Khanay he started & by resisting FULL lockdown that ISPR had announced in act of defiance to PM?)
- work on confidences of ex-pats so that they remit & invest more (didn't IK started that via Rosha Digital & EVM?) this will address $ shortage
- work on core & long term more than the peripheral (i.e. roads & showcase projects) & short term gimmicks (didn't IK sat large dams)
- "خودی" self esteem (didn't IK try to mend rel w Rus & get fuel & grains at discount & took the brunt of EU & US & establishment & lost government for "خودی"?)
-
-

etc etc

Quelques petites questions:

What he had said thousands of times previously obviously did not work. What will he do anything differently this time around so it will work? Otherwise, are we expected to support his failure to deliver again?

If he claims to be toothless the first time as the reason for his failures, has he developed teeth now that we do not know about?

You, if I am not wrong, seem to be young man. Think of a person like me, who is 64 years old; through what times, we have passed.

Sir, are you really in your 60s?

Back
Top Bottom