What's new

Eight killed in suspected sectarian shooting in Kurram

AZ jana, it wrenches my heart just reading what you guys had to go through. May Allaah help His finest creation.

it's saddening when brothers kill brothers in any part of the country......whether political or score-settling or for ideological reasons. It's hard for us to fathom it since most of us here are reasonable or semi-reasonable people who are educated.

i still believe the worst (as far as Kurram is concerned) is over but question is what can be done to promote long-term sustainable peace. The anti-state miscreant element still have some presence in lower Kurram. Military is down there and they have had some successes but the operations will need to continue until security is established fully.

i know for a fact that majority of the people are peaceful, God-fearing people who just want to live normally like everyone else

AbuZ, I just remembered your vid link. Tell me, about those mountains just across the fence - tora bora, that means black widow doesn't it? Cool name for a mountain!

Hi,

Tora Bora is also known as Spin Ghar -- which means white mountain

Many different meaning to different people; some say name 'tora bora' means small dam/wall - like structure. It does act like a natural dam. In Kurram we have Maulana dam and the area looks breathtaking in spring when the snows melt. For the record unlike some of the other agencies, Kurram has water and reasonably fertile land. As far as i understand it, Tora Bora refers to a black cave (in Pashto, toor means black)

sectarian violence and militancy in lower parts of Kurram is the main hindrance to peace.....almost all the people of Kurram i know put emphasis of education for their children --boys and girls alike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom