What's new

Egypt's hopes betrayed by Morsi

you are right but it is more than 2 articles a lot of important things can be understood in many ways that is why i and many Egyptians refuse the new constitution
and another thing we got worried when the president insisted on moving on with the constitution even when there was blood on the streets that mean there is something wrong with the constitution but i can say the situation in Egypt is improving very much the islamists no longer control the people and there is a very strong opposition and getting stronger every day

Well interpretation of Constitution is always a headache lol...

Over-all , constitution seems pretty decent with the clauses such as ....

Article 13

National economy shall be organized to achieve sustainable and balanced development, protection of production, increase of income and guarantee of social justice, solidarity and welfare. It shall also reserve the rights of workers, fair distribution, enhancement of standard of living, elimination of poverty and unemployment, increase of work opportunities. It shall also guarantee the cooperation between capital and labor in bearing the cost of development and the just sharing of its revenues, linking wages to production, limiting income difference by setting maximum wage cap and a minimum wage, which guarantees decent lives for citizens.

Article 42

The freedom of press, printing, publishing and all other means of media are guaranteed, and monitoring what they publish is restricted. There may be exception in the event of declaration of war that they are subject to limited monitoring. (what was situation under Mubarak? lol)

Article 8

The State shall guarantee equal opportunity to all citizens, without prejudice. :tup:

Article 31

Personal freedom is a natural right and it is protected and may not be prejudiced.

Article 37

Freedom of belief is absolute.

------------------

Offcourse , there are few "problems" with the constitution too...specially if you are an ultra-secular , liberal or someone who is paranoid from the word "Shari'a" ...look at this clause...

Article 68

The State is committed to taking all measures to establish equality between women and men in political, cultural, economic and social life and all other fields without prejudice to the provisions of Islamic Sharia. :cheesy:

And article 2 also can be scary for many..lol...but over-all , personally I'm happy for Egypt because now they are not under the dictator Mubarak. Wish Egypt best of luck...

you are right but it is more than 2 articles a lot of important things can be understood in many ways that is why i and many Egyptians refuse the new constitution
and another thing we got worried when the president insisted on moving on with the constitution even when there was blood on the streets that mean there is something wrong with the constitution but i can say the situation in Egypt is improving very much the islamists no longer control the people and there is a very strong opposition and getting stronger every day

Well interpretation of Constitution is always a headache lol...

Over-all , constitution seems pretty decent with the clauses such as ....

Article 13

National economy shall be organized to achieve sustainable and balanced development, protection of production, increase of income and guarantee of social justice, solidarity and welfare. It shall also reserve the rights of workers, fair distribution, enhancement of standard of living, elimination of poverty and unemployment, increase of work opportunities. It shall also guarantee the cooperation between capital and labor in bearing the cost of development and the just sharing of its revenues, linking wages to production, limiting income difference by setting maximum wage cap and a minimum wage, which guarantees decent lives for citizens.

Article 42

The freedom of press, printing, publishing and all other means of media are guaranteed, and monitoring what they publish is restricted. There may be exception in the event of declaration of war that they are subject to limited monitoring. (what was situation under Mubarak? lol)

Article 8

The State shall guarantee equal opportunity to all citizens, without prejudice. :tup:

Article 31

Personal freedom is a natural right and it is protected and may not be prejudiced.

Article 37

Freedom of belief is absolute.

------------------

Offcourse , there are few "problems" with the constitution too...specially if you are an ultra-secular , liberal or someone who is paranoid from the word "Shari'a" ...look at this clause...

Article 68

The State is committed to taking all measures to establish equality between women and men in political, cultural, economic and social life and all other fields without prejudice to the provisions of Islamic Sharia. :cheesy:

And article 2 also can be scary for many..lol...but over-all , personally I'm happy for Egypt because now they are not under the dictator Mubarak. Wish Egypt best of luck...

Anyone here can tell me whats the political message on this poster?

There is no perfect constitution in the world since its written by man, there is no perfectly right sharia neither since the sharia is interpreted by humans, just like the constitution.

the brotherhood want to make this look like they are facing mubark supporters
you forget a very important article in the new constitution which i think is causing all this problems

Thanks for repy first but what i am wondering is that the red crescent on right side represents who?

lol at the suckular clowns. 2 faced hypocrites showing their true faces when faced with reality of democracy. Look at their shamlessness? Why don't they stop whining and vote.

And why are malaun Indians farting with joy? :lol: These 2 or 3 egyptians here are not the real representations of Egypt's polity. I think the patriotic egyptains & MB are really bad at Media and Social networking PR, something in which their secular counterparts are ahead of them. Also note, most Egyptian media are pro-secular outlets.

how dare she go to collage and have a opinion we should kill her she is infidel who hates islam .
we have some people like you they are the reason of most of Egypt economic and political problems if they are not around the situation in egypt could have been alot better

.........eh, :woot: but its been less than 6 months since MB is in power. Seculars and military zionist bootlicking dictators were in power since ww2. Before ww2 U had secular monarchy.

Finally un-official results show that Majority backs constitution......Actually this is the main reason opposition dint want to vote.

One of the islamist party run by ex-MB decided to vote NO.

Also, %yes vote increase is +point for morsi. Who earlier had just 50% vote.

Those who still criticize outcome as real idiots. Because constitution is not very islamic and not very secular, it was really balanced one. I think Morsi has done a right job, After all MB is very well trained org.

If suppose a constitution with only secular was sent for vote then 65%-70% would reject. Agreeing with current one is best idea

Finally un-official results show that Majority backs constitution......Actually this is the main reason opposition dint want to vote.

One of the islamist party run by ex-MB decided to vote NO.

Also, %yes vote increase is +point for morsi. Who earlier had just 50% vote.

Those who still criticize outcome as real idiots. Because constitution is not very islamic and not very secular, it was really balanced one. I think Morsi has done a right job, After all MB is very well trained org.

If suppose a constitution with only secular was sent for vote then 65%-70% would reject. Agreeing with current one is best idea

Exactly my point. I have read the constitution, other than few points , it seems really good.

What a slap by Egyptian People on Secular radical Face! Those who oppose Shariah are enemy of Muslim egypt, agent of western ideology! Congratulations people of Egypt! Hope indian clowns will stop dancing and jumping now!

Originally Posted by PakShah
lol, people like agentny17 don't repersent most Egyptians.

Most Egyptians want the Muslim Brotherhood. They want Sharia.
Allah Akbar to that brother

None.jpg

Saturday, December 22, 2012
Voting Girl 2012 : Constitution Referendum !!
Back to the minority , oh yes back to the minority and the spirit of the girl that that said No to Mubarak and his constitutional amendments as well his NDP candidates. Today I voted in the constitution referendum , I voted an I said No to the draft constitution.

I voted against what Yasser El Borhamy , the famous Salafist preacher described as the constitution most restrictive to the rights and freedoms in the history of modern Egypt. most restrictive to the rights and freedoms in the history of modern Egypt.I voted No today and in fact I was not alone many voters I have met in the different polling stations in Giza. My tour was in Giza , I did not stay at the desk and I think it was another good experience.

First my tour started before heading to my polling station , I head to El Qawmia language school which if you follow my Voting girl series since I became an eligible voter in times of ex-President Mubarak , you will know that this is my favorite polling station in Agouza. It is big , mixed and includes a cross section of Egyptian society. Of course this time I noticed the majority of the voters were from the Middle Class and Upper Middle class.

8297279235_75e8c8f17b_n.jpg

I noticed also two bearded men who seemed to be Salafists “From the style of the beard” wearing the IDs of the National council of Human rights “Following the State and is headed by Judge Hossam El Gheriany , the head of the Constituent assembly”. It is not the first time I see bearded men “Mostly Islamists” as observers in the referendum. Of course there were other observers from other initiatives.

According to the judges in the polling station’s sub committees , the turnout was high.

I spoke with a lady who came with her daughter , she told me that she voted No because she does not approve. She also added that she knows “yes” will win but not fairly ; a common thing I have heard through my tour.

It is worth to mention also that I met the reporters of Freedom and Justice Newspaper “Following MB and FJP” who got the new Press permits issued by the Referendum Committee. Ironically the journalists syndicate told us that there are no new permits and we will have to work with our news ID cards and old Presidential elections permits.

Then I headed to my polling station “El Orman girls” school polling station. The All women’s polling station. It had a very low turnout compared to the Constitution referendum in 2011 and Presidential elections. Of course the highest turnout I have seen there was in the constitution Referendum 2011.It was low. I met a lady ,very classy Upper Class lady who got an observer permit.She told me that she did not hear any violations in the Middle or the Upper Middle class areas but rather in Popular areas like Imbaba. She wanted to go there but needed some protection there !!

I finished my civic duty to meet dear friends from the neighborhood who also voted No and in the way out we met with that old lady , real angry old lady who voted No.

I voted No and I know they will change the results , you know after 3 days bread’s price will rise. I did not vote for myself but for the poor young generations​

We walked with her in the street while she was expressing her Anti-MB views when some lady from those voted Yes who tried to convince her with sweet talk about the need of stability but the old lady told her a big NOOOOOOO. Soon enough the whole tiny street was with the old lady and you began to hear there is no difference between MB and Mubarak , in fact Mubarak was better !! “A thing that I would hear a lot tonight” Another thing I have heard tonight was that “The USA is ok with the MB because Israel wants Sinai back”

I left my friends and the angry old lady and headed to Mit Okaba school polling station in Wadi El Nil street in Giza. It is a working class women’s polling station with a minority of middle class. It had a higher turn out than my polling station. I met two girls from Middle class who told me that they voted NO because they do not approve the articles of the constitution.They believed that the results will be Yes
8297545383_799636f56c_n.jpg
because majority of the people are deceived by Sharia talk “Both were veiled”. I met another lady from the working class who voted No because she does not approve it and that it. On the side I met another old lady from the working class who voted yes because her son read it and believed it was good plus Egypt needs stability. In my way I met two working class ladies who voted Yes and did not want to speak politics because they are not involved in politics.

Leaving this polling station , I headed to Gamal Abdel Nasser polling station. This is all stars polling stations in Dokki , you got famous actors and politicians go there. Of course I reached there too late. I went first to the Men’s committee. The turnout was not that big but men from different ages mainly from Middle class. Most of those I talked with voted No. One of them , a tourism company owner told me that the constituent assembly does not represent “us”

8297637759_0080621bd3.jpg

Moving to the women’s polling station’s committee ,well it was actually mixed but the majority was for women. There was a higher turnout. Again we are speaking about the Middle Class. Most of the ladies I spoke with said that they voted for No. One of them told that she voted No because she can not stand MB anymore.

I witnessed an incident there which was quite interesting. A veiled young lady was stopped by two Niqabi ladies in the way to the polling station , they spoke for a while then they left her. The young lady was then stopped by an elderly relative and her daughter who are both veiled. After kisses and hellos the old lady asked the young lady

what are you going to vote for !??​

and the young lady told her

No​

and the old lady told her

Thank God , I voted No too , I was worried after seeing those Niqabi ladies speaking to you​

and the young lady replied.

Oh no these ladies work in the beauty salon I go to​

I swear that scene was in front of my eyes.

There were tons of TV live broadcast cameras there transferring from there as it is one of the major polling stations in Dokkia in Giza.

Now moving to another polling station. I headed to the Agricultural museum polling station , it was empty so I head to the Faculty of Kindergarten polling station in Tahrir street it was my last stop. It is men’s polling station , another cross section of the society.

8298862530_16b2ed8152_n.jpg

There I found the judge taking a break for about 15 minutes to pray, during that time a men’s queue was formed and soon the Yes and No debates began. I spoke with two men , one from the working class and one from Upper middle class. One is a worker in a factory and the other is a top researcher in some ministry. The worker told me that he is fed up by the MB and the researcher told me that this constitution will enable the MB to control everything in the country.

Here are photos I took today from the different polling stations
link

I will upload the video clips tomorrow insh Allah.

To be honest I do not know if there will be any Voting girl future edition with amount of violations I heard today in other governorates.

Solomon2 comment: Egypt under the "Free Officers" regime has had a long and cynical history of phony election polling. No Egyptian I've talked to sees why the current poll should be an exception.

Solomon2 comment: Egypt under the "Free Officers" regime has had a long and cynical history of phony election polling. No Egyptian I've talked to sees why the current poll should be an exception.
do you know arabic ? there is no subtitles in the video
about the elections first this doesnt represent the popularity of the islamists the simple people say that we say yes to the constitution so the clashes and riots end the coming parliament elections will show everyone who has the power
second members of the muslim brotherhood were counting the vote the judges didnt agree to take place in the elections there are also a lot of money spend on poor neighborhoods to buy their vote
even if the results are true about 65 yes 35 no that means the muslim brotherhood and the salfis have lost popularity in the street

Back
Top Bottom