What's new

Egyptians Vote on New Constitution in Referendum

Wow 97 percent

The latest results show 123 percent of egyptians support the constitution with 99 million people casting votes in the nation of 80 million

even mubarak didn't get this much

Idiots

Wow 97 percent

The latest results show 123 percent of egyptians support the constitution with 99 million people casting votes in the nation of 80 million

Idiots
Well, this shows how much people hate the Muslim Brotherhood. What we been saying for years is apparent to the people now. This vote was not on the constitution(It is an OK constriction not a great one, although way better than the Muslim Brotherhood barbaric constition), but it was on how much people hate the Muslim Brotherhood. Results shows how much people hate them. The 20+ millions who voted in the referendum don't mind it one bit if the army annihilate the group with its leaders and members. Instead of insulting the people that voted you in a year an half ago, maybe you should look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what you did to make people hate you this much. Thank heavens you guys are not smart enough to do that because honestly I want the army to annihilate you.

Other faiths
While Egypt’s new constitution establishes explicit rights for adherents to the Abrahamic religions, it does not curtail other faiths, writes
Mohamed Salmawy(Writer and the spokesman of the assembly that wrote the constitution)

The new constitution is consistent with this. While its second article states that Islam is the religion of the state and that the principles of Islamic Sharia are the main source of legislation, Article 64 unequivocally upholds the freedom of belief. This article guarantees the freedom of worship and the building of houses of worship to the affiliates of Christianity and Judaism. But it contains no prohibition against other faiths or any text that could be interpreted as criminalising the practice of the rites and rituals of other faiths. Anyone from India, China or elsewhere can visit or reside in Egypt and be reassured of their right to practice their faith free from any intervention on the part of the state and free from the fear that their rites of worship might be prohibited by law.
The state’s commitment to the right of the affiliates of the three divinely revealed religions to build their own houses of worship cannot be construed as a refusal to recognise the existence of other faiths. In like manner, Article 3, which states that the principles of the religious laws of Egyptian Christians and Jews shall be the main source of legislation governing their personal status laws, their religious affairs and the selection of their religious leaders, should not be interpreted as a prohibition against the practice of other faiths or an impediment to the right of the affiliates of these faiths to adhere to their religious laws, rites and duties as well.
Other-faiths - Al-Ahram Weekly

Last edited:
Wow 97 percent

Idiots

This is a joke right....this agent guy is only cheering probably because he's a professional coptic crybaby.

Even though they have freedom and better lives than some Muslims I've seen in Egypt. This guy probably believes one day Coptic's will rule Egypt.

This is a joke right....this agent guy is only cheering probably because he's a professional coptic crybaby.

Even though they have freedom and better lives than some Muslims I've seen in Egypt. This guy probably believes one day Coptic's will rule Egypt.
An Ikhwani calling others crybabies, that is funny!! Because of what you just said, and its likes, Egyptians don't like you guys(Islamists).

Other faiths
While Egypt’s new constitution establishes explicit rights for adherents to the Abrahamic religions, it does not curtail other faiths, writes
Mohamed Salmawy(Writer and the spokesman of the assembly that wrote the constitution)

The new constitution is consistent with this. While its second article states that Islam is the religion of the state and that the principles of Islamic Sharia are the main source of legislation, Article 64 unequivocally upholds the freedom of belief. This article guarantees the freedom of worship and the building of houses of worship to the affiliates of Christianity and Judaism. But it contains no prohibition against other faiths or any text that could be interpreted as criminalising the practice of the rites and rituals of other faiths. Anyone from India, China or elsewhere can visit or reside in Egypt and be reassured of their right to practice their faith free from any intervention on the part of the state and free from the fear that their rites of worship might be prohibited by law.
The state’s commitment to the right of the affiliates of the three divinely revealed religions to build their own houses of worship cannot be construed as a refusal to recognise the existence of other faiths. In like manner, Article 3, which states that the principles of the religious laws of Egyptian Christians and Jews shall be the main source of legislation governing their personal status laws, their religious affairs and the selection of their religious leaders, should not be interpreted as a prohibition against the practice of other faiths or an impediment to the right of the affiliates of these faiths to adhere to their religious laws, rites and duties as well.

This is the same as the Islamic view of freedom of religion anyway. What did the previous constitution state?

An Ikhwani calling others crybabies, that is funny!! Because of what you just said, and its likes, Egyptians don't like you guys(Islamists).

You don't speak for Egyptians. And I was describing you, has nothing to do with the average Egyptian.

Why you think he a copt, he never said he was Coptic.

I'm going to assume he is by the way he communicates he reminds me of copts I met in Egypt they sound very similar and generally hateful towards Muslims unless they're liberals who don't care for religion.

in Egypt all that matter is a person loyality to the nation we cant judge other people faith because we are not perfect allah will judge us all in the end

in Egypt all that matter is a person loyality to the nation we cant judge other people faith because we are not perfect allah will judge us all in the end

I know Egypt is generally united. By we disagree on what 'loyalty to the nation' means.

However, this guy is very different from you and his tone of language reminds me of copts I met who sound literally exactly like these making assertions left and right. He is more intent on spreading hatred and misinformation rather than clarifying information.

His username makes me suspicious as well, he may not be Egyptian after all.

This is the same as the Islamic view of freedom of religion anyway. What did the previous constitution state?
Freedom of belief is absolute in the new constitution, it was never like that!! Christians couldn't even build new churches in the past. Hell, up until now. People went to jail for criticizing Islam.

Because he is stupid. I don't like to answer people who discriminate based on religion. I am not Christian, but even if I was he was no right to say something like that. Such an idiot

Freedom of belief is absolute in the new constitution, it was never like that!! Christians couldn't even build new churches in the past. Hell, up until now. People went to jail for criticizing Islam.

Because he is stupid. I don't like to answer people who discriminate based on religion. I am not Christian, but even if I was he was no right to say something like that. Such an idiot

You don't like people who discriminate based on religion, I didn't do that. It wouldn't make sense, I assumed you're a Egyptian coptic who identifies with hatred of Islam. This is a natural response. Yet, you're discriminating based on religion. Anybody who practices Islam in Egypt is an idiot and terrorist unless they kiss the military's boots.

I know Egypt is generally united. By we disagree on what 'loyalty to the nation' means.

However, this guy is very different from you and his tone of language reminds me of copts I met who sound literally exactly like these making assertions left and right. He is more intent on spreading hatred and misinformation rather than clarifying information.

His username makes me suspicious as well, he may not be Egyptian after all.
i am sure he is Egyptian but i want to know what do you think a loyal citizen mean ?
Other faiths

you know i think this is the time to remeber our fallen heores without their sacrafices we would never would have reached this day

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom