What's new

Egyptians hail Saudi Arabia's ruler for support in hour of need

What do you mean by building slowly? Political steps? We need social change. Proper, educated Muslims.

An educated religious society without ilks of AQ and tribal mentality.

This is exactly what Al-Saud have done , prior to them Arabian peninsula was nothing more than several tribal groups fighting each other over cattle and water.

Al-Saud formed the ikhwan army out of all Arabian peninsula tribes and formed modern day Saudi Arabia by uniting all the Arab tribes there and ending tribalism that divided the Arabian peninsula into separate regions.

Back in 1932 when Saudi Arabia was formed literacy rate was barely 10% but thanks to Al-Saudi look at Saudi Arabia today the largest Economy in the region and for the first time in Islamic history they developed Mecca and Madina into modern cities.

The Arabian peninsula was always neglected and treated badly by previous muslim caliphs including ottmans , all taxes were spent on baghdad and damascus and nothing was sent to the Arabian peninsula region.

This old bitter experience our people in the Arabian peninsula have seen at the ends of the so called khilafa made us rise up against ottmans to develop our own countries and thank god we managed to achieve prosperity and stability after controlling our own destiny largely thanks to Al-Saudi who kicked ottmans and united the Arabian peninsula and later on formed Gulf union to bring the smaller Gulf states under its branch.

I am no fan of wahabi doctrine but I have deep respect for what Al-Saudi have done to our region and my country.

Fair enough. Then why those past insults. Still don't understand it. You did not only disrespect Prophet Muhammad (saws) through doing that (since he was very much an Arabian and proud one) but all the heritage of the greatest Muslims and blessed families/tribes by Prophet Muhammad (saws) himself let alone all the tribes that descend from Prophet Ibrahim (saws).

Do you also admire their meddling, support of killings of Muslims and Arabs while we speak? Should you not be looking at the whole package and not through nationalist glasses (do this country x or y support my cause (the Palestinian one, the one Hamas has) or not?)

Never compared MB with AQ? Where do you see this? Always made a emphasis that they could not be compared.
Well, I agree with that notion but I don't think that we agree with the method for reaching to that point. You agree with the MB and their thinking while I do not belief that a political party is needed for such a movement but rather the essentials of Islam to return to the majority of the Muslim people.

How to make it more simple? I simply have not seen enough indications of MB being any different than your other political parties in the Arab world. I see the exact same tendencies. Hunger for power, viewpoint of being the right ones and everyone else wrong, wanting to reign, expand etc. Often using controversial methods to do that. I belief that change must come from within and that you cannot change that with force.

This is why AQ will never succeed with their Caliphate ideology and methods simply because they are too arrogant and misguided people. The methods of fore do not work in our age anymore.

Implementing Islam today is much harder than it would have been just 100 years ago. This does not mean that Islam as a religion is wrong by any means it just means that other methods most be used to spread the Islamic message.

MB for instance should not turn violent but simply through their actions convince the Egyptian people that they are the ones that are right. Then they will return and then people from across the world might agree with their political views.
But don't forget one fundamental thing. With power comes greed and a bigger responsibility. If our Caliphtes (those that came after the Rashidun) committed the very sam mistakes then what do you think that we will do in this day and age were people are following Islam less than ever and where it is more difficult than ever to follow it fully?

I didn't want the MB to enter in elections yet, I favored waiting another fifteen years then getting in the political scene.

The reason you don't see differences is because you've only seen stated goals of Islamic parties who'd never had a legitimate chance at putting their goals into task.

Look what happened to Palestinians in Gaza during the 80's with Ahmed Yassin alone, people started becoming religious and advocating a non nationalist or secular society.

We can make differences and have to believe in ourselves regardless of whom we are, Iranian, Arabian, Pakistani, etc....

Other MB is not perfect by any means and needed time. And i guarantee you had they drifted away from who they are there like have been internal disputes and we wouldn't accept this.

You're looking at small efforts of small organizations which are like the fingers of a whole figure. This is the first time in recent history and Islamic organization such as the MB took control of an crucial Arabic country such as Egypt. This was a disaster for the west and Israel as already israel started having speculation and attacked Gaza to test this.

If you followed western media everyday I was reading propaganda against the MB which scared tourists from going to Egypt in which tourism as a key aspect to Egypt's economy.

Had they been given ten years and resources to make things possible the Arabic world would have been drastically different today.

Initially they have to appear not different from previous aspirations of Egypt's society and political state as the world would have taken steps to bring their fall.

It takes time but just think about how significant that is for Egypt just the election victory alone.

This is exactly what Al-Saud have done , prior to them Arabian peninsula was nothing more than several tribal groups fighting each other over cattle and water.

Al-Saud formed the ikhwan army out of all Arabian peninsula tribes and formed modern day Saudi Arabia by uniting all the Arab tribes there and ending tribalism that divided the Arabian peninsula into separate regions.

Back in 1932 when Saudi Arabia was formed literacy rate was barely 10% but thanks to Al-Saudi look at Saudi Arabia today the largest Economy in the region and for the first time in Islamic history they developed Mecca and Madina into modern cities.

The Arabian peninsula was always neglected and treated badly by previous muslim caliphs including ottmans , all taxes were spent on baghdad and damascus and nothing was sent to the Arabian peninsula region.

This old bitter experience our people in the Arabian peninsula have seen at the ends of the so called khilafa made us rise up against ottmans to develop our own countries and thank god we managed to achieve prosperity and stability after controlling our own destiny largely thanks to Al-Saudi who kicked ottmans and united the Arabian peninsula and later on formed Gulf union to bring the smaller Gulf states under its branch.

I am no fan of wahabi doctrine but I have deep respect for what Al-Saudi have done to our region and my country.

Please consider the social aspect which is our problem today, violence, jealousy, drugs, infidelity, adultery, hate, all stem from what our people have become. It's a social issue.

Social work needs to be done and is essentially the foundation to what brings people together but also allows for a healthier, more moral society.

Saudi Arabia the strongest Arab country? Haha, tell us another joke. You have to use Pakistani military officers in order to train rebels. You have to import Croatian military equipment to supply rebels. You need Western-made equipment to strengthen your armies. You use brainwashed youths from all over the world to fight your wars.

Saudis are the most cowardice people I've ever encountered.

Saudi Arabia the strongest Arab country? Haha, tell us another joke

You could have shown this guts when we invaded a part you consider to be of your own land.

You have to use Pakistani military officers in order to train rebels. You have to import Croatian military equipment to supply rebels

So what? The US DID supply tons of Russian weapons to Afghans, you know nothing about intelligence.

You had the strongest military in the ME, you failed to shoot down an aging Iraqi MiG-21s :lol: Don't talk about supplies you had it all back in the day.

You need Western-made equipment to strengthen your armies

True, but not always :lol:

Remember this? ;) ..

Saudis are the most cowardice people I've ever encountered.

Where have you been to scare us away from bombing your brothers?

Saudia should not have interfered in Local Politics for Egypt it was a government choosen by Egyptian majority

rabia-rabaa-r4bia-sign-special.jpg

turkey_is_with_u_sign_for_rabia.png

We the common people are already united through a common religion, language, ancestry and by large culture, traditions and largely common viewpoints, struggles. We are all the sons and daughters of the Arab world and the Middle East. Basically our region. Even more landscapes/architecture/cuisine is more or less identical or every similar overall in the wider picture.

What the hell more do we need?

Europe which has been at war for centuries, much more bloody ones, can unite despite people there making up 100's of ethic groups, languages, different religions, totally different cultures etc.

It does not matter if some countries have progressed dramatically differently in recent decades in the Muslim Arab world. What bind us together as well is a fairly recent common past with the same struggles.

What is there to unite in the GCC? We are already united by large. You want a federation of the Arabian Peninsula. Then Yemen must be included but why has that not taken place? That is one of the reasons I disagree with some of the rulers.

I agree that it is more than complex but I just wondered about your past statements that was all.

Anyway remember that you are always stronger united. Would your fatherland the UAE be the same if it was not a federation but a bunch of different emirates? Of course not.

As I said forget about a stone age system, AQ or whatever you think about when the words Caliphate/Muslim unity is mentioned. Anyway if it can't be possible to at least be more united as a whole Muslim world then at least the 500 million strong (750 million strong in 2050) and the size of Russia Arab world could do it. At least the Sunni Muslims who form 90% of all Arabs.

A Muslim world seeking knowledge like in the old days and standing on its own feet. With federal states that still retain what they want to retain but all are loyal to the wider system which should serve everyones interest. Let the people chose a ruler from each country for a given period and let there be rotations all the time so nobody feels left out. Mutual help etc. to remove the major differences in economy etc. so certain country would not automatically rule de facto when not de jure.

Anyway it is getting late and I probably barely make any sense. Just talking about the thoughts that come to mind right now when looking at the discussion and disunity here.

Our ancestory comes from qussaim in saudi arabia so it is natural for us in the long run to be part of confederation with Saudi Arabia .

Currently it was announced they will form a unified military command for GCC and that is the biggest step needed towards full unity , following that currency will come and now they are building Joint train network for all GCC countries.

I included Yemen , Jordan and Egypt as part of confederation read my post again , something similar to European union.

As for Non-Arab muslims it would be difficult and perhaps threaten our own countries , better to be among oursevles with close relations with other muslim countries but not unity.

You need to be realistic , I can imagine unity among Sunni-Arabs but with Non-Sunni Arabs that would be impossible .

I didn't want the MB to enter in elections yet, I favored waiting another fifteen years then getting in the political scene.

The reason you don't see differences is because you've only seen stated goals of Islamic parties who'd never had a legitimate chance at putting their goals into task.

Look what happened to Palestinians in Gaza during the 80's with Ahmed Yassin alone, people started becoming religious and advocating a non nationalist or secular society.

We can make differences and have to believe in ourselves regardless of whom we are, Iranian, Arabian, Pakistani, etc....

Other MB is not perfect by any means and needed time. And i guarantee you had they drifted away from who they are there like have been internal disputes and we wouldn't accept this.

You're looking at small efforts of small organizations which are like the fingers of a whole figure. This is the first time in recent history and Islamic organization such as the MB took control of an crucial Arabic country such as Egypt. This was a disaster for the west and Israel as already israel started having speculation and attacked Gaza to test this.

If you followed western media everyday I was reading propaganda against the MB which scared tourists from going to Egypt in which tourism as a key aspect to Egypt's economy.

Had they been given ten years and resources to make things possible the Arabic world would have been drastically different today.

Initially they have to appear not different from previous aspirations of Egypt's society and political state as the world would have taken steps to bring their fall.

It takes time but just think about how significant that is for Egypt just the election victory alone.

Please consider the social aspect which is our problem today, violence, jealousy, drugs, infidelity, adultery, hate, all stem from what our people have become. It's a social issue.

Social work needs to be done and is essentially the foundation to what brings people together but also allows for a healthier, more moral society.

violence always existed in this region even during ottman empire which was even much worse , thanks to our leadership crime rate is one of the lowest in GCC countries especially saudi arabia.

You know I usually leave my car open in Saudi Arabia and no one would dare to even steal it and during prayers you rarely find a saudi closing his shop because everyone knows what would happen if some dares to assault a shop .

It has to be said that when @mahatir talks about the Arabian Peninsula at the turn of the 20th century that he refers to Najd and the areas of what is now UAE. Najd for instance was never part of any foreign (non-Arab) rule and mostly governed itself. It was a region that relied on agriculture and most importantly trade. A sizable part of the Khaeelji Arabs (from Basra down to Bahrain and a little below) on the other hand were a part of the Ottoman Empire and outside of what is now Basra, Kuwait and some coastal cities on the Eastern Province it was indeed neglected. Especially UAE. But that areas was also very sparsely populated.

On the other hand Oman next by was a colonial power at the same time controlling territory in 3 regions (Africa, Middle East and Asia)

Hijaz was also fairly wealthy (compared to most places in the Muslim world) and ruled by the Sharif's of Makkah who ruled for over 1000 years in a row. Yemen was also prosperous mostly and relied on itself due to being very fertile land and rich in resources back then before the industrialization of the whole Middle East.

Back then the literary rate was very low (about 10%) in all Muslim countries and region. Only in a few selected cities and families was that a common thing. Or the clerical class.

All the remaining Caliphates (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Fatimid) never neglected the Arabian Peninsula since they all came from there. Ottomans never did it until the later times. The Arabian Peninsula was just always a geographically difficult region to control for any outsider hence it was never controlled fully by any outsider. Only time that it has ever been fully united in its history was under the Rashidun Caliphates.

What @mahatir told can be said about every region in the Muslim world, including Palestine, so I do not agree with this particular notion. But I guess it depends who you ask from the AP and his family history, political views etc.

Anyway I agree with your view on the House of Saud and the wise thing in uniting most of the Arabian Peninsula rather than it being ruled by various kingdoms, sheikdoms, sultanates, emirates etc. Often at odds with each other.

@Hazzy997

Our ancestory comes from qussaim in saudi arabia so it is natural for us in the long run to be part of confederation with Saudi Arabia .

Currently it was announced they will form a unified military command for GCC and that is the biggest step needed towards full unity , following that currency will come and now they are building Joint train network for all GCC countries.

I included Yemen , Jordan and Egypt as part of confederation read my post again , something similar to European union.

As for Non-Arab muslims it would be difficult and perhaps threaten our own countries , better to be among oursevles with close relations with other muslim countries but not unity.

You need to be realistic , I can imagine unity among Sunni-Arabs but with Non-Sunni Arabs that would be impossible .

violence always existed in this region even during ottman empire which was even much worse , thanks to our leadership crime rate is one of the lowest in GCC countries especially saudi arabia.

You know I usually leave my car open in Saudi Arabia and no one would dare to even steal it and during prayers you rarely find a saudi closing his shop because everyone knows what would happen if some dares to assault a shop .

I don't mean crime rate.

It has to be said that when @mahatir talks about the Arabian Peninsula at the turn of the 20th century that he refers to Najd and the areas of what is now UAE. Najd for instance was never part of any foreign (non-Arab) rule and mostly governed itself. It was a region that relied on agriculture and most importantly trade. A sizable part of the Khaeelji Arabs (from Basra down to Bahrain and a little below) on the other hand were a part of the Ottoman Empire and outside of what is now Basra, Kuwait and some coastal cities on the Eastern Province it was indeed neglected. Especially UAE. But that areas was also very sparsely populated.

On the other hand Oman next by was a colonial power at the same time controlling territory in 3 regions (Africa, Middle East and Asia)

Hijaz was also fairly wealthy (compared to most places in the Muslim world) and ruled by the Sharif's of Makkah who ruled for over 1000 years in a row. Yemen was also prosperous mostly and relied on itself due to being very fertile land and rich in resources back then before the industrialization of the whole Middle East.

Back then the literary rate was very low (about 10%) in all Muslim countries and region. Only in a few selected cities and families was that a common thing. Or the clerical class.

All the remaining Caliphates (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Fatimid) never neglected the Arabian Peninsula since they all came from there. Ottomans never did it until the later times. The Arabian Peninsula was just always a geographically difficult region to control for any outsider hence it was never controlled fully by any outsider. Only time that it has ever been fully united in its history was under the Rashidun Caliphates.

What @mahatir told can be said about every region in the Muslim world, including Palestine, so I do not agree with this particular notion. But I guess it depends who you ask from the AP and his family history, political views etc.

Anyway I agree with your view on the House of Saud and the wise thing in uniting most of the Arabian Peninsula rather than it being ruled by various kingdoms, sheikdoms, sultanates, emirates etc. Often at odds with each other.

@Hazzy997

You tagged me? Did you want to refer me to something?

Saudia should not have interfered in Local Politics for Egypt it was a government choosen by Egyptian majority

rabia-rabaa-r4bia-sign-special.jpg

turkey_is_with_u_sign_for_rabia.png

KSA did not interfere. It was not KSA that made the Egyptians go to the streets in the millions (or at least in very large numbers) to demand change. KSA did not rule Egypt when MB were around or when Mubarak was around or now when the military has a big influence.

You should blame the Egyptians themselves and their military. Not KSA for taking the side of the military. What about the countries who opposed that? Should they also stop meddling since they are also interfering in Egyptian politics?
This is why I always have said that people should focus on their own backyard first and don't let foreigners interfere unless they ask for that. What have non-Egyptians really of any say in the affairs of Egypt? Muslim or not.

Byt the virtue of not being nationals of Egypt we automatically (Whether we want it or not) have very little influence nor even the same rights to change anything.

I don't mean crime rate.

You tagged me? Did you want to refer me to something?

Yes, just a correction of what @mahatir wrote since I did not agree with it fully and he tried to exaggerate history/partially not sticked to facts to make an excuse for opposing the system of Caliphate/unity of Muslims.

Correct response should have been

a) We are against massacre of people in Egypt
b) We condone military usage on weaponless public
c) We support Turkey and other peaceful nations to find a working resolution

Perhaps its the foreign policy failure for Saudi Arabia, because the military will eventually get changed or be forced down , however the public in Egypt will remember this snub for long time.

These things seem to come back later and bite back

Otherwise Saudia enjoys a very respectable status in Muslims world, the way Saudia handled the issue raised some eye brows

Considering how hard the Egyptians worked to get rid of Hosini Mubarak

Saudia commited two blunders in recent times

a) Bahrain Anti Democratic movement interference
b) Egypt Anti Democratic movement interference

What was strange was that Saudia enjoys a healthy economy and people are doing well , there was no need to be so defensive against Democracy in other countries

Rabia_Square.jpg

Rabia%20Gives%20New%20Light%20to%20Muslim%20World.jpg

185205987-egyptians-flash-rabia-sign-and-hold-poster-gettyimages.jpg

This is why people love Turkey
177586019-protesters-make-the-rabia-sign-with-their-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:

Well, if that is the case then you must be of the same opinion as me. That the MB in their current state are not fit for the task. Which is what I have tried to say.

The MB is 84 years old. Can you mention me one new significant achievement that they can lay a claim on?

Did they change the Muslim world that we both believe need changes? Some urgent?

Look, I don't agree with not given them a chance. What I have always been saying is that I cannot go against the majority of Egyptians or that I cannot decide for the Egyptians.

You know what? If it was up to me? Then I would remove everything in Egypt aside from the Al-Azhar and start from a scratch.

This is not about being a nationalist. As I said that never said much to me. I am of a mixed background. I can trace my family to many Arab countries and even some areas outside of the Arab world. I only happen to have a loyalty to KSA because I was born there. Because Makkah is my hometown and because my family roots (Hashemites) are in Hijaz, at least in the last 60 generations or so if not more.

We all have that.

I would like to believe what you say in connection to MB but was Morsi not close to the West? In particular USA?

Honestly speaking I belief that another way than MB is needed or at least a reformed MB. Look now they are illegal party and then what?

You have about half of the Egyptian population if not more saying that they would rather die than be ruled by MB or some other nonsense.

Last edited:

Perhaps its the foreign policy failure for Saudi Arabia, because the military will eventually get changed or be forced down , however the public in Egypt will remember this snub for long time.

Otherwise Saudia enjoys a very respectable status in Muslims world, the way Saudia handled the issue raised some eye brows

What was strange was that Saudia enjoys a healthy economy and people are doing well , there was no need to be so defensive against Democracy in other countries

you have no idea what your talking about

you have no idea what your talking about

Well, if that is the case then you must be of the same opinion as me. That the MB in their current state are not fit for the task. Which is what I have tried to say.

The MB is 84 years old. Can you mention me on new significant achievement that they can lay a claim on?

Did they change the Muslim world that we both believe need changes? Some urgent?

Look, I don't agree with not given them a chance. What I have always been saying is that I cannot go against the majority of Egyptians or that I cannot decide for the Egyptians.

You know what? If it was up to me? Then I would remove everything in Egypt aside from the Al-Azhar and start from a scratch.

This is not about being a nationalist. As I said that never said much to me. I am of a mixed background. I can trace my family to many Arab countries and even some areas outside of the Arab world. I only happen to have a loyalty to KSA because I was born there. Because Makkah is my hometown and because my family roots (Hashemites) are in Hijaz, at least in the last 60 generations or so if not more.

We all have that.

I would like to believe what you say in connection to MB but was Morsi not close to the West? In particular USA?

Honestly speaking I belief that another way than MB is needed or at least a reformed MB. Look now they are illegal party and then what?

You have about half of the Egyptian population if not more saying that they would rather die than be ruled by MB or some other nonsense.

It not for Saudia to decide that their Military is right and Millions of voters are wrong

We had elections in Pakistan and we are stuck with bad government but its people's decision

If Muslim Brother hood , would have been horrible government they would have failed in 3-4 years in elections

Why send back Millions of Egyptians back into Military Slavery

I was not too thrilled by the support Monarchy gave to Military in Egypt , and it will certainly be talked about by Local people on streets in Egypt

It was really sad after finally getting freedom from Hosni Mubarak , now egyptians have to live under another Military man

KSA were among the first countries to condemn the bloodshed. Not sure what you mean by that? You disagree with the recent statements of KSA opposing attacks on the Egyptian military and civilians?

The solution is not up to KSA, Turkey or some other party. It is up to the Egyptians. I already told you that we are not Egyptians or Egyptian nationals. By virtue of that alone we have little to say. In reality what can you do as a person to change anything in Egypt? At most rally Egyptians to make the change because nobody else will.

There is no rightful movement in Bahrain and it is more or less dead. It surprises me that you seem to support a bunch that attacked unarmed Pakistanis expats and did other things.
The support of the other party might have something to do with MB destabilizing/attempting to overthrow allied governments in UAE and Jordan.

You forget that when MB were outlawed, their members persecuted everywhere in the Arab world, aside from Egypt, they were welcomed in KSA and hosted for decades. Coming from the late 1950's. Unfortunately they started to create a few problems and some of them were expelled while some still remain. The public in KSA like anywhere else were divided on the Egyptian issue. I am still myself on many issues.

The only thing I can say is that I don't fully agree with either party. I see rights and wrongs among both of them.

Anyway have to go to bed.

Egyptian Military is not legal anymore they don't work for people no more (Rouge Army)

The moment an army stops defending its people and instead worries about staying in power , its a sign , the water has gone over the head.

And alot of people expected Saudia to show leadership in the moment however the response was some what not general people expected (support to Military)

It was/ is one of darkest days in Egypt's history when their Democratic government was put in prison (needlessly)

Egyptian Military is not legal anymore they don't work for people no more (Rouge Army)

The moment an army stops defending its people and instead worries about staying in power , its a sign , the water has gone over the head.

And alot of people expected Saudia to show leadership in the moment however the response was some what not general people expected (support to Military)

Please tell that to the Egyptian people who mostly have accepted the military and interim government until they will vote for the new constitution.

Look, it was not the Saudi Arabians who removed Morsi. Neither the common people, the military or whatever. The government initially condemned all bloodshed (mutual) but when it became clear that the MB were in trouble took the side of the Egyptians (in their opinion you might disagree) and that is it.

KSA is not in a position to dictate what happens in Egypt or other Muslim countries. If we were we would have stopped the bloodshed in Syria which is most urgent.

Also Paistan has throughout history been ruled by the military for a long time. Maybe the Egyptians have the same view of their military as most Pakistanis have (great respect).?

As I said who am I to talk in the name of Egypt and Egyptians?

Back
Top Bottom