What's new

Egyptian military gives 48 hour ultimatum to Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we offered that Egypt was at risk of civil war due to the design of the Wahabi, people said "Ok, it's not so"
You're wrong again my friend, :/ It's the other way around, most of the problems in Arab world come from Iranian regime designs. Here I'm referring to Iranian terror state plots against Islam, Arabs and Muslims. Plz, get your facts straight next time. Things will not get better until the head of the snake represented by Iranian regime gets chopped off. Spanking their cheap sellouts, my friend Muse, in Arab world and Muslim countries won't solve the problem, although it helps albeit temporarily.
-- today the action of the Wahabi has destabilized Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain and Egypt -- but not until the fire the Wahabi lit reaches Arabia will this fire achieve glory

What's happening in Egypt has nothing to do with the so called "Wahabisim" at all, it's a strife between MB and other Egyptian parties. As for Jordan, things can't be better in terms of security but there are economic hardships though. Regarding Bahrain, Syria and Iraq, I think all of us know how the Satanic Mullahs managed to send mercenaries and arms to terrorists to instigate terrorism, sectarianism and bloodshed in those countries. I said it and I repeat, the terror state and it's cheap sellouts in Muslim and Arab countries can't find better than Morsi to have relations with. Morsi is gone..:sniper:
but not until the fire the Wahabi lit reaches Arabia will this fire achieve glory

Sorry to burst your bubbles::laughcry:

Fresh news:

Iran
Chinese firms drop Iran as latest U.S. sanctions bite - World | The Star Online

Saudi Arabia:
Saudi Arabia GDP Growth Rate

:azn:

listen @BLACKEAGLE fanatic
this topic is about Egypt not Iran vs Saudi Arabia (which you dream about)

go on the topic or leave it

Last edited by a moderator:
listen @BLACKEAGLE fanatic
this topic is about Egypt not Iran vs Saudi Arabia (which you dream about)

go on the topic or leave it

What? I'm just replying to my friend @muse whom I enjoy debate with. ;)
@Yzd Khalifa

images

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, but the Persians original homeland is the Kazakh/Central Asian steppe. They migrated to the Iranian Plateau less than 3000 years ago.

Note the Assyrians were a Semitic people like we Arabs who migrated from the Peninsula/Levant into current day Iraq. The Assyrian language is similar to Arabic and a fellow Semitic language.

Read about the Androvo culture for more information about the proto-Iranain nomadic/pastoral Central Asian cultures:

Andronovo culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know that current day Kazakh people (Sunni Muslims) have nothing to do with Persians. I know my history. They are Turkic and Mongolian people, predominately aside from the Orthodox Russian Slavic minority.

Anyway not the topic. I already dealt with that fool, so no worries.

Off topic:

I understand, you meant Iranic nomads from Central Asian or Kazakh steppes.

Iranic nomads were dominant in Central Asian steppes before they were pushed out and absorbed by proto-Turkic migrations from north east. So Kazakhs do have Iranic blood from local remnant population there (Scythians related to Andronov culture). Essentially almost all Turkic people are a mix between migrant proto-Turks or later Turkics and conquered local people.

Kazakhs and Kirghiz still celebrate Nowruz, a pre-Islamic Iranian festival.

Language family maps:
language families of the world

altaic.gif

afroasiatic.gif

indoeuropeanmap.GIF

To get back to the topic.

How do our Egyptian neighbors, fellow Muslim and Arab/Semitic brothers and sisters see the enormous role and importance of the Egyptian military?

Are you content that the military is the real power that is pulling the strings away from the politics? Does it serve as a much-needed buffer? Are you not afraid that whoever gets elected, that it will then only be the military who has the last word as in the last many decades?

How will you deal with all the political diverse parties in Egypt? Will it not be extremely difficult to reach a real consensus?

Why can't the Egyptian people elect a leader whose politics evolve around the 4 pillars of Egyptian life = Egyptian national interests, Islam and stability and prosperity? Apart from having good ties to fellow Arab countries, all of it's neighbors (Israel not necessarily included), Muslim countries and the West as of today?

We all know that a Western-styled democracy in Egypt is impossible and in the whole Middle East for now at least and I am not sure that this should be the aim since we have our own ancient culture etc. that is tied to the region.

Anyway most of the Egyptians here, if not all, are probably living in the West and have been formed by doing that. I would be even more curious to hear Egyptian users who actually live in Egypt right now.

Kalu_Miah: We both agree on all that. Your maps are only linguistic maps though and not really genetics/culture etc wise (completely). But I understand your point.;)

Military has contitutional right to form govt incase of such unstable situation. Plus American high tech military asset at stake right now. Situation in Egypt is deteroiting with the passage of time. Huge issue Egypt is going to face is water, an agricultural economic front.
Multi million dollar tourism industry is gone. This year few my friend just saw the pyrmids and come back. There guide didn't take em to old town and food street because of security reisk.

Plus the major is..

Invited by Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to a debate on the $4.2 billion hydroelectric dam that Ethiopia is about to start building across the Blue Nile, one of the two major tributaries of the Nile, the participants openly called for military action against Ethiopia.
They were unaware that the debate was being broadcast live on Egyptian state television and spoke their minds freely about allying with “Somalia, Eritrea and Djibouti, to use them as bases against Ethiopia” and “interfering in the internal affairs of Ethiopia” by supporting rebel troops fighting the Ethiopian government.
All of this was said without drawing any objection from President Morsi. Though at the end of the debate, the Egyptian president did say that he would not engage in aggressive acts against Ethiopia. Still, a statement released later from his office said: “Egypt will never surrender its right to Nile ware and all options [to safeguard it] are being considered.” A difficult balancing act a week after Ethiopia announced that they had already started diverting the flow of Nile to prepare for the building of the dam.

in a democracy ones preferred candidate does not always win............i think as morsi is an elected president he should be let to finish his term.....if he fails people will vote another candidate in the next election...............i dont think forcing MB out of the govt will help improve egypts current situation at all,it might worsen things even more

anyways best wishes to the people of egypt .....the road to democracy is indeed a rough one........

People should fight for freedom and rights
This is not about democracy or HRs or freedom !!
This is Fitnatu Duhayma (فتنة الدهيماء) that the Prophet salla allahu aleihi wa sallam spoke of, duhayma means the ordinary people (الشعب).
Nobody is right or wrong, the killer and the killed are both in hellfire.I meaning if 2 muslims face each others, but not if a muslim is killed on his way to the masjid or in his own house ...

In a rare historic moment for humanity, the BBC reported on June 30, 2013, that “the number of anti-Muslim Brotherhood protesters today in Egypt is the largest number in a political event in the history of mankind.”The Egyptian military used helicopters to track the protests across Egypt and estimated that the numbers of protesters was between 15-20 million. Other foreign media reported the number to be closer to 30 million.

Just like the 2011 revolution, the grass-roots “Tamarod” (meaning “rebellion”) movement, led by Egyptian young people and not affiliated with any political party, has spread like wildfire through the population.

The movement’s first spark came when it collected more than 22 million signatures for petitions demanding that President Morsi call for early elections after his failure to properly lead the country.

Morsi dismissed those petitions.

In response, the movement then called for protests on Sunday, June 30, and the Egyptian people responded with an historic display of solidarity.

Americans should be ecstatic at the widespread yearning for liberty expressed in the Tamarod protests. Yet to the Egyptian public, the U.S. government appears to be on the wrong side of the fence: it’s backing the Morsi regime.

Just two weeks before the protests began U.S. Ambassador Anne Patterson delivered a speech in Cairo expressing skepticism about "street action" that could result in violent protests, equating anti-Brotherhood protest with violence.

The very next day she had one of her frequent meetings with senior Muslim Brotherhood leader Khairat al-Shater, (a man who holds no official office and is widely disliked in Egypt for supporting leaders of the terrorist group “Islamic Jihad”). The group had threatened protesters, especially Christians, with violence if they attempted to topple Morsi.

As a result, the U.S. finds itself now disliked by a majority of Egyptians in the country. Patterson’s picture on protest placards was almost as ubiquitous as Morsi’s photos were on Sunday.

By the end of the day on June 30, at least 17 Egyptians had been killed and over 800 wounded as a result of clashes between Morsi’s supporters and the protesters.

Making good on threats made prior to the protests by regime supporters in the governorate of Assiut, the first martyr of the Tamarod movement was a Christian young man named “Abanoub Adel” who was shot during the protests.

When he took office a year ago, Morsi formed a government comprised largely of Muslim Brotherhood members or their supporters. He appointed governors from the ranks of his Muslim Brotherhood leadership and seemed to be trying to turn Egypt into a private state run primarily for the benefit of the Brotherhood.

He also formed a constitutional committee -- made up almost exclusively of Islamists -- that produced a draft constitution intended to entrench their notion of an Islamic state.

Morsi declared himself above the Egyptian courts, grasping a dictator’s powers, in order to push the constitutional referendum through parliament.

The response from the Obama administration to this power grab was muted at best.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian people have been subject to the rapid deterioration of their economy and a scarcity of basic supplies of goods and services.

With Egypt having used up almost all of its strategic oil reserves, citizens have to wait on the streets for days to get a tank of gas.

At the same time, Morsi has not only revived the human rights abuses of the Mubarak era, he has exceeded them.

Morsi has jailed his opposition opponents, silenced journalists, harassed critics and plundered business owners.

He has also ignored court orders to dissolve the illegitimate upper-house of parliament.

As they did in 2011, the Egyptian people have once again risen against another tyrant.

The saying goes and it is true that “as Egypt goes, so goes the Middle East.” That is why the United States invested billions of dollars in aid and military weaponry, because as the largest Arab country in the world Egypt is critical to the strategic interests of the United States.

What is happening in Egypt directly affects U.S. policy in the region.

Americans must not allow the Obama administration to support an unjust regime that has lost its legitimacy in the eyes of the Egyptian people, and now, the world.

The heart of the American tradition is freedom, liberty and justice. Today, the American people find their government supporting a regime that is antithetical to their values.

It’s time for President Obama to unmistakably call on Morsi to heed the voice of his people and call for early elections.

This is the only move that can repair the damage done by the current failed U.S. foreign policy and the only way to begin to undo the damage already done by U.S. Ambassador Patterson.

Read more: Will Obama and US stand with or against Egypt's people? | Fox News

Iran urges Egypt army to respect 'vote of people'

TEHRAN- Iran on Tuesday called on the Egyptian military to support national reconciliation and respect the "vote of the people" after it warned it was ready to intervene in Egypt's political crisis.

"Mohamed Morsy is the incumbent president based on the people's vote," Iranian deputy foreign minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian told the official IRNA news agency.

"It is expected of the armed forces of Egypt that they play their role in supporting national reconciliation and respect the vote of the people."

The Egyptian army on Monday issued an ultimatum to Morsy, the country's first democratically elected president, threatening to intervene in 48 hours and impose its own "road map" if the Islamist did not meet the demands of the people.

The army's warning came just a day after millions of protesters took to the streets across Egypt, calling for Morsy to step down.

The Egyptian presidency rejected the ultimatum, insisting that Morsy would continue on his own path towards national reconciliation.

Amir Abdollahian warned in his comments to IRNA against division within Egypt.

"Dividing the Egyptian nation yields no gain," he said, adding that respecting people's vote was "of utmost importance for Egypt's stability".

Iran has been trying to improve ties with Egypt since Morsy came to power in the wake of the 2011 revolution that ousted Hosni Mubarak, a staunch critic of Tehran.

Rising to power from the platform of the powerful Sunni Muslim Brotherhood, Morsy became the first Egyptian leader to travel to Tehran in August last year since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.

Iran urges Egypt army to respect 'vote of people' | Egypt Independent

Egypt must engage in 'serious national dialogue', U.N. says

The U.N. human rights office called on President Mohamed Mursi on Tuesday to listen to the demands of the Egyptian people and engage in a "serious national dialogue" to defuse the political crisis.

Rupert Colville, spokesman of U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay, also said the role of the military, which gave Mursi a 48-hour ultimatum on Monday to resolve the impasse after mass anti-government protests, was crucial.

"We call on the president of Egypt to listen to the demands and wishes of the Egyptian people expressed during these huge protests over the past few days, and to address key issues raised by the opposition and by civil society in recent months," he told a news briefing in Geneva.

"We urge all political parties and social groups in Egypt to urgently engage in a serious national dialogue in order to find a solution to the political crisis and prevent an escalation of violence."

Asked about the role of the military, Colville said: "We're talking hopefully about a newly developing democracy in Egypt, so obviously what the military does or doesn't do is crucial. Nothing should be done that would undermine democratic processes in the country."

Mursi has rebuffed the army ultimatum to force a resolution, saying on Tuesday he had not been consulted and would pursue his own plans for national reconciliation.

"Egypt's democracy is obviously very fragile and nobody wants to see it collapse or fall apart in some way," Colville told Reuters Television.

Egypt must engage in 'serious national dialogue', U.N. says

s_e25_71995633.jpg

Egyptian protestors shine laser lights on a military helicopter flying over the presidential palace in Cairo, on June 30, 2013, as hundreds of thousands of demonstrators gather during a protest calling for the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi. (Khaled Desouki/AFP/Getty Images)

Gotta admire them, must be hot as fuck during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom