What's new

Egyptian military gives 48 hour ultimatum to Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Egypt: Morsi's 2 Spokesmen Quit

A foreign ministry official says two spokesmen for President Mohammed Morsi have quit in the latest defections from his embattled administration as protesters and the military challenge his authority.

The official says career diplomats Omar Amer and Ihab Fahmy have stepped down after nearly five months speaking on behalf of Morsi.

The official spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

The move compounds the woes for Morsi as he faces massive protests calling for his ouster.

On Monday, six Cabinet ministers quit and the military gave the president a 48-hour ultimatum to work out his differences with the opposition or it will intervene and oversee the implementation of its own political road map. The ultimatum expires Wednesday.

Egypt: Morsi's 2 Spokesmen Quit - ABC News

These two videos shows the amount of protesters just in Cairo. Most to all other cites had huge turnouts as well.
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1tNopb97k[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBlLZVYAxs[/video]

These two videos shows the amount of protesters just in Cairo. Most to all other cites had huge turnouts as well.
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1tNopb97k[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBlLZVYAxs[/video]

they were blinds 14 months before???????????

Electing MB was a mistake in the first place, and Morsi doesn't seem to know what he has been doing. Now, he has no chance but to step down to spare Egypt more troubles. Hope Egyptians choose the right one this time.

Another "Supreme Council of Armed Forces" in the making... probably similiar to the one tht came to power after Hosni Mubarak was shown the door...

Another "Supreme Council of Armed Forces" in the making... probably similiar to the one tht came to power after Hosni Mubarak was shown the door...

There is no choice but the army to step in and end this strife that has been messing up the country for a year. The EAF is the only guarantor of Egypt survival from such mess.

There is no choice but the army to step in and end this strife that has been messing up the country for a year. The EAF is the only guarantor of Egypt survival from such mess.

Not really my frnd.... military in politics doesnt work!

1001483_664302693579725_124003547_n.jpg

Now that it's been demonstrated that the MB can't rule the streets, the Army is threatening to move in. I don't know if the pro-democrats of the street will change tactics or not; using the Army is a bit like trying to attack gnats with a hammer.

The Army can't succeed in its task without civilian allies in the masses and I don't know if they have any. More likely is that the Army - more accurately, the rich families who staff its top command - will try to reach some sort of power-sharing agreement or compromise with faction leaders. This is, of course, very dangerous, as Pakistanis here can attest.

@agentny17 what do you see as your best hope?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think egyptian people like pakistani deserve whats coming to them, they wont be able to hold these protests in military dictatorship

imho, they are inviting trouble on themselves

Now that it's been demonstrated that the MB can't rule the streets, the Army is threatening to move in. I don't know if the pro-democrats of the street will change tactics or not; using the Army is a bit like trying to attack gnats with a hammer.

The Army can't succeed in its task without civilian allies in the masses and I don't know if they have any. More likely is that the Army - more accurately, the rich families who staff its top command - will try to reach some sort of power-sharing agreement or compromise with faction leaders. This is, of course, very dangerous, as Pakistanis here can attest.

@agentny17 what do you see as your best hope?

Totally agree with you.... Civilian have learned from their mistakes, that is not even a question now..... The army will not rule, not gonna happen but they will protect the nature of the state as it seems. You basically have All Egyptians on one side, Muslim Brotherhood on another side. Their time is over, forver!! The army has not been playing this past year as it seems. People trust the army, and after this past year experince they will never doubt the army again.

Last edited by a moderator:
People trust the army, and after this past year experince they will never doubt the army again.
Careful. We know that the ruling class was plotting alternates in case of Mubarak's downfall back in 2007. The Egyptian ambassador to the U.S. pretty much told us demonstrators that the first option would be allying with the M-B. It's logical that they must have developed a fallback plan for seizing control once more, denying and suppressing democratic freedoms so they can hold on to their own grubby gains.

At this point the demonstrators have done as well as can be expected without declaring a revolution, announcing their own government, and appealing to the Army to change allegiance. That's testament to Egypt's strong nationalism, I suppose. But can this really continue or progress further?

Careful. We know that the ruling class was plotting alternates in case of Mubarak's downfall back in 2007. The Egyptian ambassador to the U.S. pretty much told us demonstrators that the first option would be allying with the M-B. It's logical that they must have developed a fallback plan for seizing control once more, denying and suppressing democratic freedoms so they can hold on to their own grubby gains.

At this point the demonstrators have done as well as can be expected without declaring a revolution, announcing their own government, and appealing to the Army to change allegiance. That's testament to Egypt's strong nationalism, I suppose. But can this really continue or progress further?

The army doesn't want to be in charge, and even if they do the US won't let it happen. The army and the people know that very well!! i am starting the believe that whats been going on in Egypt this past year has been all staged by the army, judiciary system, liberals, leftis, Salafis, and the media!!

We shall wait and see but i am optimistic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom