What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

We should be hearing some new information soon regarding the development of the MICA NG. With the new batch coming, we'll also have to keep an eye on the associated pods, if they have moved to the Talios instead of the Damocles being that it's the latest version. And of course, just like that pic would be interesting to see not only the promised meteors, but the newer versions of HAMMERs.

I can't remember how many EMs & DMs are in this new package? I think there was 8 single seats and 16 two seats in the original order. Might need a larger number of the EMs in this batch to balance the duties & give A2A a larger role with the single seats. Unless they have a different philosophy on the matter which might be the case the way they ordered double the number of 2 seat DMs in the first order.

Egyptians have big teeth if this is true.

True. Ballistic missiles are essential to a military's strength. That site at Abu Zaibal has been known to be the underground location for the Condor ballistic missile program that Iraq & Egypt joined with the original member of that program, Argentina. Obviously they were the founder of the program being that Condors are only native to Argentina/South America and southern California lol. I don't think they would've named it the Condor Project had it been incepted in either Iraq or Egypt lol. The CIA had released a paper about this warning the Nixon administration I believe (@The SC would have to correct me if I'm wrong) way back in the mid-60s and right after that, obviously 1967 happened and the program was put on the shelf.

In the last 10 years with Sisi in charge, as that video shows, it's been slowly rebuilt section by section, especially the production site for the solid fuel propellant motors has undergone quite the expansion. And the obvious indication that it's been up and running is the several SAM ramped platforms they've also built around the site. And good for them and us. That's what we like to see, the initiative towards arming the country to its best ability to defend itself. As far as the ballistic missiles themselves, the video has a lot of interesting prognostications regarding those.

We should be hearing some new information soon regarding the development of the MICA NG. With the new batch coming, we'll also have to keep an eye on the associated pods, if they have moved to the Talios instead of the Damocles being that it's the latest version. And of course, just like that pic would be interesting to see not only the promised meteors, but the newer versions of HAMMERs.

I can't remember how many EMs & DMs are in this new package? I think there was 8 single seats and 16 two seats in the original order. Might need a larger number of the EMs in this batch to balance the duties & give A2A a larger role with the single seats. Unless they have a different philosophy on the matter which might be the case the way they ordered double the number of 2 seat DMs in the first order.

True. Ballistic missiles are essential to a military's strength. That site at Abu Zaibal has been known to be the underground location for the Condor ballistic missile program that Iraq & Egypt joined with the original member of that program, Argentina. Obviously they were the founder of the program being that Condors are only native to Argentina/South America and southern California lol. I don't think they would've named it the Condor Project had it been incepted in either Iraq or Egypt lol. The CIA had released a paper about this warning the Nixon administration I believe (@The SC would have to correct me if I'm wrong) way back in the mid-60s and right after that, obviously 1967 happened and the program was put on the shelf.

In the last 10 years with Sisi in charge, as that video shows, it's been slowly rebuilt section by section, especially the production site for the solid fuel propellant motors has undergone quite the expansion. And the obvious indication that it's been up and running is the several SAM ramped platforms they've also built around the site. And good for them and us. That's what we like to see, the initiative towards arming the country to its best ability to defend itself. As far as the ballistic missiles themselves, the video has a lot of interesting prognostications regarding those.
This is welcomed news, cheap deterence and power multiplier.

As egyptian army rules over country i would do like this if there is wish to be independant and feared armed force in region and out of the american ropes.
Make deal with china for long term energy and infrastructure concesssions and share some right from Suez passage for constant cash flow.
In return ask for full digitalization of country aparatus, electric vehicle factories, licences with higher level of ToT for crucial weapons systems.
Surplus of existing weapons shoul be given to Lybia, Eritrea and Sudan.
Timeframe of whole project 2 decades.

You see, this is the kind of post that is so much more worthy to discuss, along with technical ones. Good great post and suggestions, Mulj.

As egyptian army rules over country i would do like this if there is wish to be independant and feared armed force in region and out of the american ropes.

Being a feared armed force in the region is already the status quo. That's well established. But if you're implying being stronger than Israel, that's a much more complex issue. The reason is because that is not the primary objective for the makeup of the Egyptian military as a whole, only a partial objective. That little trouble-making entity next door is only worrisome in the sense that it has always had the intention of stealing Sinai from us. As you know, it has tried twice already but couldn't hold on to it which is what its ultimate intentions were. Regardless of all the BS it has managed to perpetrate on the world that it was "fighting an existential threat", it never was. It wasn't trying to defend itself from being thrown into the sea by Egypt and surrounding Arab countries. That was total nonsense. It simply wanted to steal Sinai and hold onto it as long as it could until it was able to annex it. It was the one that was the existential threat but somehow managed to convince the sheep of the world that Egypt was the culprit.

That said, the Egyptian military is partly constructed to defend against that specific threat and partly to defend any other outside threat. Since 2011, with the events in Libya, Syria & Sudan and even Lebanon to a certain extent PLUS the WOT in Sinai & the western desert, the military has been shaped to address that entire combination of threats and by virtue of that shaping, it has become a DeFacto feared armed force in the region.

The 'American' factor in the equation is much more complicated to describe in a few sentences. The way you described it with "ropes" is perfect! That's the core impedance Egypt is and has been facing when it comes to its relationship with the US; it's not a simple task to untie those ropes. Suffice it to say, there really is no need to completely cut it off. I know you weren't suggesting that. Having a balance is the best method of partnership and has been the Egyptian MO since Sadat came to power. Nasser tried but was forced to go a different direction, but that has been the way Egyptian alliances and partnerships have operated, just like what @Ghostkiller was telling @Trisolaran about Egypt/Greece/Türkiye relationships. 😘

Being a feared armed force in the region is already the status quo. That's well established. But if you're implying being stronger than Israel, that's a much more complex issue. The reason is because that is not the primary objective for the makeup of the Egyptian military as a whole, only a partial objective. That little trouble-making entity next door is only worrisome in the sense that it has always had the intention of stealing Sinai from us.
Among other things i implied it, that would come naturally once you gain economy self sufficiency, for that most natural partner is China, as it is important to get rid of western influence same could be said for SA monarchy, right now you are in unnatural position towards them because your dependancy to their bailouts, those are basics.

As you know, it has tried twice already but couldn't hold on to it which is what its ultimate intentions were. Regardless of all the BS it has managed to perpetrate on the world that it was "fighting an existential threat", it never was. It wasn't trying to defend itself from being thrown into the sea by Egypt and surrounding Arab countries. That was total nonsense. It simply wanted to steal Sinai and hold onto it as long as it could until it was able to annex it. It was the one that was the existential threat but somehow managed to convince the sheep of the world that Egypt was the culprit.
I will be frank, i see israel as crusader outpost and would act accordingly, for people in charge they do not to be blunt about it but always to have that in corner in mind when making decisions and policies.
Someone would say it is extreme position, i would reply with simple proverb, "i am not what i consider myself i am, i am what others see and say i am" very valuable moto and bouncer to reality check.

That said, the Egyptian military is partly constructed to defend against that specific threat and partly to defend any other outside threat. Since 2011, with the events in Libya, Syria & Sudan and even Lebanon to a certain extent PLUS the WOT in Sinai & the western desert, the military has been shaped to address that entire combination of threats and by virtue of that shaping, it has become a DeFacto feared armed force in the region.
I think that you already figured out that projection is outdated, i would make differnet approach, feared only by one country, rest of the one propped and allied, it is multidimensional approach and expensive but ultimately if you consider gains cheapest one.

The 'American' factor in the equation is much more complicated to describe in a few sentences. The way you described it with "ropes" is perfect! That's the core impedance Egypt is and has been facing when it comes to its relationship with the US; it's not a simple task to untie those ropes. Suffice it to say, there really is no need to completely cut it off. I know you weren't suggesting that. Having a balance is the best method of partnership and has been the Egyptian MO since Sadat came to power. Nasser tried but was forced to go a different direction, but that has been the way Egyptian alliances and partnerships have operated, just like what @Ghostkiller was telling @Trisolaran about Egypt/Greece/Türkiye relationships. 😘
I would disagree with this and not because you are not right by egyptian perspective but because of nature of usa partnership conducts and commitment towards only one country in region unconditionally.
They will cut the ties not you, they do not seek equals or at least fair relationships, they want to pull all strings, so if you ever even hint into going in direction of self sufficiency and changing strategic partner in way described, i assume they will push the "button" and try to put another "Sisi" or whoever.

Egyptian F16s are target practice for the IAF - they have no standoff BVR capability.

Having the slightly uncommon and unfortunate misconception of the EAF's F-16s that some who typically don't understand the technical & tactical aspects of that fighter jet is surprising, coming from you. Poky poking to get a reaction. :lol:

Have the Meteors turned up for the Rafales yet ?

I don't know, have they?

Instead of Russian Crap - EAF should switch to the JF17C with its SD10/PL15E's.. and even J10CE's (though China may have restrictions there with J10 IP coming from the Lavi programme ).

EAF needs a proper Capable BVR platform... now.

It already has. That old gripe of the EAF not having BVR is old useless poky-poky jive. There's a whole standard for training and tactics to utilize all the available capabilities to their fullest and will only improve in short time.

Speaking of crap; no one gives a flying rat's a$$ about anything concerning the Lavi lol. If there is anything more insignificant than what the Lavi supposedly influenced, it doesn't exist lolzo. Just sayin'.

As far as "switching to the JF-17C, nah. No issues with the JF-17 in of itself, but unless it was a complete ToT deal with 100+ platforms and complete access to the full spectrum of associated Chinese weapons, it wouldn't be worth introducing it into the EAF with the grouping plan of East & West platforms that is already planned out. The momentum of implementing that plan with additional Rafales to compliment the F-16s while beefing up the Russian end is the way things seem are headed. Along with the EADS and the EAF's AWACs/EWC all complement each other very well. After all, aside from the J-10, the main Chinese component of the PLAAF is rooted in Russian designs & concepts.

Having the slightly uncommon and unfortunate misconception of the EAF's F-16s that some who typically don't understand the technical & tactical aspects of that fighter jet is surprising, coming from you. Poky poking to get a reaction. :lol:
Honestly. No name calling either way. I understand F16s very well, been following them since the Mid-1990's..

The latest contract with the USA had no mention of AMRAAMS.

EAF F16s only have old Sparrow for BVR capability - not very useful against an opponent with something like an AMRAAM

I don't know, have they?

Point being even Egypts most modern procurement was made without a modern BVR capability.

It already has. That old gripe of the EAF not having BVR is old useless poky-poky jive. There's a whole standard for training and tactics to utilize all the available capabilities to their fullest and will only improve in short time.

Speaking of crap; no one gives a flying rat's a$$ about anything concerning the Lavi lol. If there is anything more insignificant than what the Lavi supposedly influenced, it doesn't exist lolzo. Just sayin'.

As far as "switching to the JF-17C, nah. No issues with the JF-17 in of itself, but unless it was a complete ToT deal with 100+ platforms and complete access to the full spectrum of associated Chinese weapons, it wouldn't be worth introducing it into the EAF with the grouping plan of East & West platforms that is already planned out.

I think that offer is on the table. Egypt got that for the K-8's. Russia is falling behind China in aerospace industry across the board.

The momentum of implementing that plan with additional Rafales to compliment the F-16s while beefing up the Russian end is the way things seem are headed. Along with the EADS and the EAF's AWACs/EWC all complement each other very well. After all, aside from the J-10, the main Chinese component of the PLAAF is rooted in Russian designs & concepts.

J10 / J20 / H20 / J-35 - all "non-Russian" origin ... China has left Russia behind.

Egyptians have big teeth if this is true.
Yes it is the exact copy of the American Pershing II.. and there is even more potent missiles in the Egyptian inventory..While the Egyptian Army never talk about these systems..

Egypt will have the same relations with Greece. Pre-2013 levels, Egypt had always good relations with Turkey and Greece in the same time. Greece was our allies since ancient times and helped us during hard moments (after Suez Crisis etc..)
The Arab Organization for Industrialization holds joint discussions with the head of the Turkish Defense Industries Agency and his accompanying delegation to strengthen the partnership and increase investment opportunities in various fields of manufacturing.

1698696090214.jpeg

1698696111455.jpeg

Last edited:
Cruise missiles can be developed by cooperation with other countries (especially Sub-sonic ones).Their development does not bring that much of US attention.
Ballistics are a whole different matter.
You can get Neptune's technology from Ukraine if you can pay them some handsome amount of Dollars.
Neptune has proved its worth in their war.By investing in this missile, Ukr can further mass produce them while you will get the tech.Win-win for both.
Neptune's technology is in the hands of KSA..Egypt is cooperating very closely with both the UAE and KSA.. Also with Pakistan (Ra'ad apparently), Greece (Makedon) and now Turkey.. they all have cruise missiles..not only the naval ones.. Egypt was making those for a long time under license from China.. Serbia is also very close with Egypt and they've just displayed their new cruise missile that will be ready by 2025..

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to recommend this channel. He covers Egypt's national security. He is a Nasser Military Academy graduate (National Security and Strategy Major) and has connections with people working in the intelligence services in Egypt.

Side note: He's also a friend of Marker.

Last edited:

51 Western warships arrive in the Mediterranean to besiege the Egyptian army to prevent it from moving to face the waves of palestinians displacement! Al-Sisi obstructs the ground invasion with a clever trick!

Neptune's technology is in the hands of KSA..Egypt is cooperating very closely with both the UAE and KSA.. Also with Pakistan (Ra'ad apparently), Greece (Makedon) and now Turkey.. they all have cruise missiles..not only the naval ones.. Egypt was making those for a long time under license from China.. Serbia is also very close with Egypt and they've just displayed their new cruise missile that will be ready by 2025..
Honestly you are more screwed then i tought if you rely on serbia designs and projects.

Honestly you are more screwed then i tought if you rely on serbia designs and projects.
Serbia has a lot of ambitious projects. Even UAE (who has the money to buy anything) are entering joint venture with Serbia.

Serbia has both western and eastern technologies.. so I doubt your knowledge about these things.. you can comment when you will further it a bit..And you jumped all the other ones to say you are screwed!? I 'm not sure who is screwed here! HaHaHa!

Serbia has a lot of ambitious projects. Even UAE (who has the money to buy anything) are entering joint venture with Serbia.
I know very well their capabilities, every project they launched after yugoslavia disolvment was complete failure, no more strong engineer and industrial base.
For UAE, those pricks are marvelous traders, they probably throwed some cash and promises in that direction and in return they got most atractive real estate project in Belgrade and agricultural land. Sneaky bastards.
Brotherly advice, seek other partners for advanced projects like cruise missiles beside Serbia, nothing productive and modern would come out of it.

Serbia has both western and eastern technologies.. so I doubt your knowledge about these things.. you can comment when you will further it a bit..And you jumped all the other ones to say you are screwed!? I 'm not sure who is screwed here! HaHaHa!
Do not tell me what they have, i share border with them. They have nothing significant except designs from 80 which are enhanced copies of sssr armament.

I know very well their capabilities, every project they launched after yugoslavia disolvment was complete failure, no more strong engineer and industrial base.
For UAE, those pricks are marvelous traders, they probably throwed some cash and promises in that direction and in return they got most atractive real estate project in Belgrade and agricultural land. Sneaky bastards.
Brotherly advice, seek other partners for advanced projects like cruise missiles beside Serbia, nothing productive and modern would come out of it.
UAE is in JV with Serbia for the ALAS missile with its different variants.

Back
Top Bottom