What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

kDwDHU-WDzHP9MYeGFhLxA01ge6ObJqO50v46MX_P6h2G8lsC7HoTPPSZGCDBiFZWoy7SxdLG-AMJw=s1080-nd-v1

The developed Egyptian Saqr-45 missile launcher, where the launcher was developed by providing the missiles with a GPS satellite navigation guidance system and a laser researcher. The launcher became able to hit its targets accurately instead of the old versions of unguided area bombardment. The new launcher carries 30 missiles instead of the old launcher that carried 40 missiles. The container that was manually trimmed has been replaced with another. The container is dismantled and installed, and this is the reason for reducing the number of missiles from 40 Rocket to 30 missiles The design of the new launcher is also modern...

@Philip the Arab

Egypt, Mitsubishi Electric, and radars ToT update
aaa_988864.jpeg

The Egyptian Ministry of Military Production (MoMP) was reported to be in talks with the Japanese company Mitsubishi Electric regarding a transfer of technology (ToT) and license agreement for the local manufacture of one of Mitsubishi’s radar systems.
Mitsubishi Electric needs approval from the USA to proceed with the ToT agreement.

Looks like TR is 100% sure that Egypt will buying with ToT japanese radars. Inshallah kheir.

@Gomig-21 @The SC @Hydration @sami_1

Shaklena keda 90% done deal.

Egypt, Mitsubishi Electric, and radars ToT update
aaa_988864.jpeg

The Egyptian Ministry of Military Production (MoMP) was reported to be in talks with the Japanese company Mitsubishi Electric regarding a transfer of technology (ToT) and license agreement for the local manufacture of one of Mitsubishi’s radar systems.
Mitsubishi Electric needs approval from the USA to proceed with the ToT agreement.

Looks like TR is 100% sure that Egypt will buying with ToT japanese radars. Inshallah kheir.

@Gomig-21 @The SC @Hydration @sami_1

Shaklena keda 90% done deal.
Not too out of the ordinary for them to combine those Japanese radars with Indian tejas aircraft, with sourced French, South Korean components. Then again, an approval from America is what could stop it

But looks like we abandoned the torpedo the project or what?

Hope that we get a lot of ToTs
"I am confident that the MoU on Defence Cooperation will take our partnership to historic heights."
Lessa wakhed baly men this message. He said "take our partnership to historic heights" ya3ni there is something very big going to happen (production locally, JV between the two countries). Usually when someone sign a MoU, that isn't big, they will not say this.

@Gomig-21 what is your opinion about my statement?

@Buschlaid , do you know how many Nimrs the EA is deploying?

View attachment 877784

Also there was mention that these Haskey 2G vehicles are also used for by the EA for IED and mine detection. Any truth to that that you know of?

View attachment 877785
No idea how many NIMRs are out there, but probably many, as they are quite a common sight on footage from Sinai operations. I don't even think the numbers are public. Not only regular units, SOF uses them as well (very popular among Naval Thunderbolts).
NIMR (7).jpg

1663786486298.png

340888c8729c85297e730a48b516bdbc.jpg

DbVglHhWsAAEtkj.jpg

Temsah, NIMR.jpg

"Worse units" use them too but without turret (might be border patrol?)
NIMR (3).jpg

NIMR (2).jpg

And as for the Husky 2G, I've seen many articles from 2017 stating Egypt bought them but never any evidence nor any photos, which leads me to believe Egypt probably doesn't have them. If army had them, they would have used them in Sinai operations. Though, I might be wrong. Egypt is still somewhat secretive, besides engineering/demining equipment gets photographed a lot less.

Meaning?? Which one?
See the quotation marks? They are important, as it means I didn't mean it literally, rather as a stupid comparison to SOF units, whom are much more experienced and skilled compared to these ordinary units.

@Buschlaid , supposedly this is a modified "D30" Russian artillery mounted on M109 chassis at Mohammed Naguib base inspection. What do you think of that? Perhaps this might be their thinking to make that change to the 109s?

View attachment 878922
This self-propelled howitzer is called SPH-122 and it is indeed D-30 howitzer on M109 chassis. It was produced locally, this design isn't fully Egyptian though. Back in the 80s, British proposed for export 122mm Vickers RO2001 Artillery Self-propelled Gun prototype. Egypt liked this idea and trialed it, but after series of modifications and successfull trials it wasn't adopted. I couldn't find any info that relates these two systems, however it's pretty clear Egyptians adopted this idea and modified the original superstructure to fit M109 chassis (which they build locally under license). My guess is that Egypt had built more chassis on purpose to make D-30 howitzers more mobile with a cheap solution, decently mobile and armoured and with united chassis which eases logistics. By the way, these were built many years ago, probably in the early 2000s and were used in Sinai operations. Though less common than M109s, still more than 100 were built and will likely remain in service for the upcoming years, untill they start being replaced by K9 Thunder.
SPH-122 (6).jpg

SPH-122, ATS-59G.png

SPH-122.jpeg

SPH-122.png

SPH-122 (8).jpg

SPH-122 (3).jpg

For comparison, RO2001 proposed by the British:
RV9ulyj.jpg

dGjosJQ.jpg

sezfkB4.jpg

See the quotation marks? They are important, as it means I didn't mean it literally, rather as a stupid comparison to SOF units, whom are much more experienced and skilled compared to these ordinary units.
Ik but i didn't take it seriously. I thought like for the conscripts and regulars forces.

Back
Top Bottom