What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

You know what's funny? Ever since the Rafale was introduced and they scraped the Mirage 4000 proptptye which at the time I thought would be the next Mirage with 2 engines and a simpler form of the close-coupled canards and then I saw what I though was this atrocity (at the time, mind you), I was so bummed out! How could Dassault get red of this spectacular feat of engineering.....

View attachment 744466

View attachment 744469

And replace it with this disaster!!!???

View attachment 744470

The worst part for me aesthetically was the grove they made in the forward side fuesleage to allow airflow into the intakes. It lookes like an design and engineering mistake.

View attachment 744471

Obviously i wasn't the only one since one production of this "then" ugly aircraft compared to the exquisite Mirage 4000 didn't attract any customers for what, close to 20 years of its existence? I figured that was the end of Dassault.

Then they went into high=tech mode to make the aircraft attractive from a military standpoint which was SPECTRA and EW with cockpit fusion and HMDS and decoys and many other things but the price was still too high.

Then is 2007, this pic came out as a rumor that France was pitching the Rafale to Egypt and all of a sudden, our eyes popped out.

View attachment 744474

All of a sudden our interests had peaked. But then the Indian MRCA started and it was such a big deal which made it ebven more surprising that they chose the Rafale out of all the incredible aircraft competing including the latest F-16, F-18, Gripen (which we thought would be the winner) and the MiG-35. But then it was at least 8 years later and we come to find out that Egypt has been the first customer of the Rafale and of course when it shows up in Egyptian color, that changed everything! especially the introduction of BVR MICAS and the SCALP and the Metero was a huge part of the change of love affair. 😁

View attachment 744475

Face grooves.. HaHa..

714cafd08466f05bfd90365a1baaeb21.jpg

Great video:

Good stuff and very admirable high quality fighter pilot. The only problem is this video should be posted in the Jordanian Armed forces since his records were kills for Jordan (the most impressive ones against the Israelis, Iraq, Bangladesh and of course, Pakistan. Nothing to do with Egypt and I don't mean that with any disrespect, just the truth. Cheers.

Don't reply guys, that post should be removed soon enough as it contains nothing of value.

A good possible addition to the Egyptian armed forces early warning radars,,

2021-02-11
Russia has offered to the global market the new mobile radar to detect stealth aircraft

P-18-2 Prima high-mobility 2D surveillance and acquisition radar

3363-ViYN-1613051451-301.jpg

3363-kPWe-1613051452-301.jpg

The Prima solid-state radar is based on modern hardware components and digital signal processing and generation technology. It features high energy potential and increased immunity, points out the company. The radar is designed to detect, track, locate and identify air targets of various classes and types as friend or foe in both jamming and clutter environments, take the bearing of jammers, and feed radar data to users’ automated command-and-control systems.

The P-18-2 is distinguished from most other radars available on the market by its high mobility achieved through the installation of all equipment and antenna post on one vehicle. At the same time, its crew consists of only two people who can operate both from the equipped cabin and remote workstations. The radar features a high level of automation and can be deployed and stowed within about 5 minutes.

The Prima radar operates in the VHF band and is capable of detecting any aircraft, including stealth ones. Its range coverage exceeds 320 km and elevation coverage is up to 45 deg. The minimum detection range is 500 meters. The developers have introduced a number of technology solutions to ensure the radar’s operation in a jamming environment, difficult terrain and in adverse weather conditions. The radar automatically detects and tracks low-speed and low-visibility targets in a clutter environment.

The radar is equipped with advanced satellite navigation equipment exploiting GLONASS/GPS signals that provide automatic positioning. It has a built-in diesel power plant and a power take-off generator, and can also be connected to a three-phase general-purpose electrical network. At the customer request, the standard diesel generating set can be replaced with a similar, including foreign-made, one. The radar’s base vehicle chassis can also be replaced with a similar one.

https://adjmagazine.com/HighlightsDetails.php?categoryID=100&articleID=301

You know what's funny? Ever since the Rafale was introduced and they scraped the Mirage 4000 proptptye which at the time I thought would be the next Mirage with 2 engines and a simpler form of the close-coupled canards and then I saw what I though was this atrocity (at the time, mind you), I was so bummed out! How could Dassault get red of this spectacular feat of engineering.....

View attachment 744466

View attachment 744469

And replace it with this disaster!!!???

View attachment 744470

The worst part for me aesthetically was the grove they made in the forward side fuesleage to allow airflow into the intakes. It lookes like an design and engineering mistake.

View attachment 744471

Obviously i wasn't the only one since one production of this "then" ugly aircraft compared to the exquisite Mirage 4000 didn't attract any customers for what, close to 20 years of its existence? I figured that was the end of Dassault.

Then they went into high=tech mode to make the aircraft attractive from a military standpoint which was SPECTRA and EW with cockpit fusion and HMDS and decoys and many other things but the price was still too high.

Then is 2007, this pic came out as a rumor that France was pitching the Rafale to Egypt and all of a sudden, our eyes popped out.

View attachment 744474

All of a sudden our interests had peaked. But then the Indian MRCA started and it was such a big deal which made it ebven more surprising that they chose the Rafale out of all the incredible aircraft competing including the latest F-16, F-18, Gripen (which we thought would be the winner) and the MiG-35. But then it was at least 8 years later and we come to find out that Egypt has been the first customer of the Rafale and of course when it shows up in Egyptian color, that changed everything! especially the introduction of BVR MICAS and the SCALP and the Metero was a huge part of the change of love affair. 😁

View attachment 744475
I absolutly agree with you the Mirage 4000 would have definitly been attractive to the EAF and would have been an alternative to the F-15. Its such a shame they dropped such a project.

Great video:
It only took me a couple of seconds to start questioning: what I’m sure of is that Syria and Egypt made a unity called the UAR, and before 1965 Egyptian T-16s were stationed in Syria and were lost before 1967 to a coup or a revolution that would prevent Egypt from operating these Tu-16s and would cut off all links between Syria and Egypt. The Soviet Union would then approach Egypt and inform us that the Israelis had massed troops on the Syrians frontier, and an Egyptian high ranked military official would later on travel to Syria - checking the borders personally through recon flights over the Golan hence dismissing any claims of Israel massing its troops there. The Egyptian MI would further confirm this conclusion and cool things down. Egypt during the 6 days war had no more than 70,000 troops in the Sinai and no MiG-21s stationed there ever since they were incapable of obtaining good recon shots over Dimona. Leaving MiG-17s, MiG-19s and extra Atolls in the airbases located in the Sinai.

A good possible addition to the Egyptian armed forces early warning radars,,

2021-02-11
Russia has offered to the global market the new mobile radar to detect stealth aircraft

P-18-2 Prima high-mobility 2D surveillance and acquisition radar

3363-ViYN-1613051451-301.jpg

3363-kPWe-1613051452-301.jpg

The Prima solid-state radar is based on modern hardware components and digital signal processing and generation technology. It features high energy potential and increased immunity, points out the company. The radar is designed to detect, track, locate and identify air targets of various classes and types as friend or foe in both jamming and clutter environments, take the bearing of jammers, and feed radar data to users’ automated command-and-control systems.

The P-18-2 is distinguished from most other radars available on the market by its high mobility achieved through the installation of all equipment and antenna post on one vehicle. At the same time, its crew consists of only two people who can operate both from the equipped cabin and remote workstations. The radar features a high level of automation and can be deployed and stowed within about 5 minutes.

The Prima radar operates in the VHF band and is capable of detecting any aircraft, including stealth ones. Its range coverage exceeds 320 km and elevation coverage is up to 45 deg. The minimum detection range is 500 meters. The developers have introduced a number of technology solutions to ensure the radar’s operation in a jamming environment, difficult terrain and in adverse weather conditions. The radar automatically detects and tracks low-speed and low-visibility targets in a clutter environment.

The radar is equipped with advanced satellite navigation equipment exploiting GLONASS/GPS signals that provide automatic positioning. It has a built-in diesel power plant and a power take-off generator, and can also be connected to a three-phase general-purpose electrical network. At the customer request, the standard diesel generating set can be replaced with a similar, including foreign-made, one. The radar’s base vehicle chassis can also be replaced with a similar one.

https://adjmagazine.com/HighlightsDetails.php?categoryID=100&articleID=301

That's pretty interesting. I would think that whomever is interested in purchasing that system would need some kind of verification that is truly does have the ability to detect stealth aircraft. We know long L-band radars have actually been tested and that one frequency is the main one used on the Protivnik and Resonance which both operate in UHF and the former and latter were bought for that specific purpose as well as their incredible range. So it will be quite something if they are interested in that especially if the deal below, that includes 4 GM 400 early warning (digital?) radars are in fact part of this deal and they make it happen with the spy satellite and especially the pair of A330 AIRBUS Air refuelers. Those would seem like the most important of the deal, more so than the spy sat IMO.

I absolutly agree with you the Mirage 4000 would have definitly been attractive to the EAF and would have been an alternative to the F-15. Its such a shame they dropped such a project.

Yep. I think that they probably felt the Mirage fuselage with the conventional side-positioned air intakes creates way too much of an RCS. And so they decided to participate with the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain I think was also involved in the Typhoon but had major design disagreements with them. Not sure what, perhaps the intake position didn't allow for an S-shaped duct or the positioning of the canards? Either way, the 400 was doomed almost immediately after the first few prototypes. Really too bad.

Too bad the Umkhonto-R never panned out for the MEKO-200s and now Denel Dynamics is pretty much dead. Halcon now has more employees than Denel Dynamics and whicj is a big hit for the African defense industry.

1621285200853.png

Only hope is that South African engineers are able to work in a country like UAE with access to very high funding, and salaries being paid on time.

That's pretty interesting. I would think that whomever is interested in purchasing that system would need some kind of verification that is truly does have the ability to detect stealth aircraft. We know long L-band radars have actually been tested and that one frequency is the main one used on the Protivnik and Resonance which both operate in UHF and the former and latter were bought for that specific purpose as well as their incredible range. So it will be quite something if they are interested in that especially if the deal below, that includes 4 GM 400 early warning (digital?) radars are in fact part of this deal and they make it happen with the spy satellite and especially the pair of A330 AIRBUS Air refuelers. Those would seem like the most important of the deal, more so than the spy sat IMO.
What is interesting about this system is its high mobility as to be deployed with the mobile SAM systems accompanying the troops for air cover..And yes obviously it should be tested before being acquired..Egypt never buys any weapon system or radar without testing it thoroughly and approving the claims of the manufacturer....The GM-400..heard the GM-406 to be precise is a wonderful early warning radar.. mobile too.. but this Russian one is certainly less expensive and can be bought in quantity for first line troops..And if the claims about it are true it will be a value plus..
Too bad the Umkhonto-R never panned out for the MEKO-200s and now Denel Dynamics is pretty much dead. Halcon now has more employees than Denel Dynamics and whicj is a big hit for the African defense industry.

View attachment 744820

Only hope is that South African engineers are able to work in a country like UAE with access to very high funding, and salaries being paid on time.
Yes ..since Denel Dynamics had much more to offer than the Umkhonto and its variants..

Last edited:
What is new In the air defense is the acquisition of the latest medium and long range systems, whether Western or Eastern in parallel. Immediately after the Buk M1-2 and the S-300 V4, there came the German Iris T appearing in an unexpected deal.

After that we saw the Eastern Russian system RESONANS-NE for long-range early warning, and now, the Western GM-400..

So, can we say that Egypt didn't only enter the integrated air defense in terms of class systems ..but also in providers, in terms of the countries of origin .. !?

In other words, Egypt is about to establish two integrated air defense systems, each of them operating separately. Then all the information and data is transferred to one Central Data system that manages Intelligence, Operations, Command and Control or C4I..

if Egypt is doing that .. No one has preceded it before.. it is a first .. Egypt used to operate eastern and western systems with each other for a long time .. but now it has a different shape. Two integrated systems of radars, early warning networks and air defense systems. Each network of the two is able to protect the sky of any country in the world .. !!

With this dual protection we can say that penetrating the Egyptian sky with any number of planes, or with any technology and any recentness, is a suicide in the full sense of the word.. Losses will be too high.. and that is a deterrent to any country in the world.

For example.. Who can do SEAD / DEAD to the Egyptian air defense ..? Who can carry out a jamming and electronic attack on it ..? Or even an electronic reconnaissance of the Egyptian front ..? Who can open a hole in a network with this complexity ..? if we assume for example the defense of an area of 200 square kilometers and where these two networks reside side by side but they take turns to open and activate the radars..Every network being on its own .. How will the enemy be confident if he conducts electronic reconnaissance and spying, and then builds his plan on these systems he spied on. but upon attack, the other network is activated ..?

HaHaHa!

Last edited:
Just a realistic possibility..since Egypt used to deal (two way) with NK in BM..

There is this new tactical ballistic KN-23

الجيش المصري من العملاء المحتملين للصاروخ الباليستي الفرط صوتي الجديد KN-23 الكوري الشمالي

The missile uses solid fuel, which allows it to fire almost instantly from mobile launchers, and is controlled along each stage of its flight path to achieve maximum accuracy. This also allows the missile to be reoriented in flight to engage moving targets more effectively. The missile is able to follow irregular flight paths and perform complex in-flight maneuvers, which along with its hypersonic effect and ability to launch decoys make it extremely difficult to intercept even for today's most advanced air defense systems in service..

It has an extended range of about 700 km. Its primary target is expected to be enemy airfields with the aim of disrupting the enemy's air power in the very early stages of the war..

The acquisition of the KN-23 represents a great potential to support front-line infantry units..on top of the attack helicopters..

Just a realistic possibility..since Egypt used to deal (two way) with NK in BM..

There is this new tactical ballistic KN-23

الجيش المصري من العملاء المحتملين للصاروخ الباليستي الفرط صوتي الجديد KN-23 الكوري الشمالي

The missile uses solid fuel, which allows it to fire almost instantly from mobile launchers, and is controlled along each stage of its flight path to achieve maximum accuracy. This also allows the missile to be reoriented in flight to engage moving targets more effectively. The missile is able to follow irregular flight paths and perform complex in-flight maneuvers, which along with its hypersonic effect and ability to launch decoys make it extremely difficult to intercept even for today's most advanced air defense systems in service..

It has an extended range of about 700 km. Its primary target is expected to be enemy airfields with the aim of disrupting the enemy's air power in the very early stages of the war..

The acquisition of the KN-23 represents a great potential to support front-line infantry units..on top of the attack helicopters..
Impressive but what about sanctions and north Korean weapons quality?

Back
Top Bottom