What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Fighter Weapons School​

Historical Background​

Fighter Weapons School (FWS) was established in 1976 as a requirement for the creation of a Training Center, providing Advanced Operational flying training in the Air Combat. In 1976, the first course was established with F-4E, F-5E and F-1CG aircrafts, focused on Tactical Interception. The Pilots training from Fighter Bomber Squadrons with aircrafts A-7H and F-104G began in 1977, giving emphasis on missions of their role. Since its inception, the FWS belonged to the 117CW and was therefore based at Andravida Airport, which it maintains to date. In October 1983, the FWS joined the newly established AIRTAC.

Mission​

The Fighters Weapons School mission is:
  • The Advance Operational Flight – Practical Training of HAF Staff in Air Operation Tactics and the Use of Weapon Systems and EW means against Threat.
  • Providing Academic training to the HAF Staff in the weapon systems, the Electronic Warfare and the Air-to-Air and Air-to-Surface Tactics.
  • The Operational structure and evaluation of the Tactical and exploitative methods of the HAF Weapons Systems and EW means.
  • Control of Flight Tests of aircraft, Weapon Systems and EW means.
  • Participation in the promotion and dissemination of creative Tactical Thinking to HAF Staff by issuing or revising relevant manuals and training notes.
  • Assistance and support for Flight Test programs during the implementation phase.
  • The responsibility to prepare and implement any of the AIRTAC Flight program.

Provided Academic Education​

FWS provides Academic training to train Staff on Operational and Specialized subjects and at the same time to continually seek and further improve. It takes the form of educational Courses and Seminars at the headquarters of the school, or Lessons Learned, which are issued after the completion of each Training Course. Thus, a series of Seminars-Courses is held annually. More specifically in the areas of the FWS and with the supervision of the Education Directorate, the following training fields are covered:
  • The two-week Composite Air Operations (COMAO) Course, the first of which focuses on lectures on the scope of missions compiling COMAO and the second on practice through scenarios and objectives given to the participants. The Seminar takes place twice a year and is addressed to Pilots and INTEL officers of the HAF.
  • The Weaponeering Course, which teaches the methodology to study the objectives and the probability of their destruction. The Series monitors Flying and Intelligence officers mainly manned by the Weapons-Tactics Unit of the PA of War.
  • The Intelligent Course, which aims to provide the necessary knowledge and training to the participating Officers and INTEL Non-commissioned Officers. The aim is the effective participation of executives in the preparation of missions at the Squadrons.
  • The Flight Leadership Course which provides Academic training for candidate Flight leaders, in order to fully respond to their new tasks with safety and effectiveness in every Mission.
  • The Test Pilots Course which provides Academic training in the philosophy of flight tests concerning the execution of trials for the certification of aircraft, weapons, or aircraft systems.

Provided Flight Training​

Provides advanced flight training for Fighter Pilots in Air Operations, simulating the real environment through use of various Defense systems. Orientates Pilots to the Tactical sound use of Airpower in the most efficient way, considering the existent abilities and means in order to maximize the outcome. Executes missions in a complex and realistic threat environment with exposure to a wide range of Air-to-Air and Surface-to-Air threat systems. Effectively trains the GBAD personnel in a multiple threat environment with a wide range of A/G weapons.
The total duration of the main FWS Course is three (3) months. Initially, the necessary Academic training is provided to enable students to be able to attend the highly demanding and difficult practical training, including design and execution of Composite Air Operations (COMAO) formations.
Also the FWS provides, Helicopters vs Fighters Flight Academic training in Air Tactics, Air Defense systems capabilities, weapon systems and also advanced flight training of the Helicopters crews in Air Operations, simulating the real threat environment, through use of fighter A/C and GBAD systems. The duration of the course is 3 weeks. The first week provides Academic education and the other two weeks is the Flying Training to planning and Mission execution.
At the same time, the FWS is also responsible for conducting Operational trials and evaluations in collaboration with the AIRTAC Testing Department. In this respect, the FWS operates as a special Squadron that performs trials in the context of armaments under implementation.
In addition to this, the FWS actively participates through its instructors in organizing, Planning and executing the exercise “INIOCHOS”.

Source:

So it does appear to be something created by the Hellenic Air Force which is probably why it's very important to us as their such good allies of ours and to teach what they've developed since 1976 is exceptionally important to us. Most likely why they probably took it out of Medusa and kept it secret and sperate now as Mina exercise to be conducted in Egypt with as much JTAS performances and quiet radio talk away from any NATO prying ears and intelligence. Smart move.

This is serious business, you know. Erdgan probably went crying to Biden telling him "They're all ganging up on me and I can't believe how the Egyptians allow the HAF to board and takeoff their Mistrals like thy own them and not a beep and the Greeks are getting better and better at it with their timing improving with ever takeoff this is scaring, me please look into it. So the US decided to join Medusa lol and the HAF and the EAF said ok, the part you certainly don't need to know about is how we have our own JTAC command and control and need to practice that all the time so we're taking that part out and keeping it between us and Egypt and the rest have at it. They're just common LHD landing zone exercises. lol

Did that link help answer your question?
Shokran

Like I said the EAF will have choose wisely.

Sorry, @Ghostkiller , I totally disagree and I find it insulting the way the Armed Forces have handled this whole mess of affairs and I don't care what stupid light attack training BS aircraft they end up picking and wish them the worst luck in the world for botching the Su-35SE deal (maybe that'd a bit too harsh, sorry I don'
t wish them any bad luck ghat was just anger speaking from the demon that has taken over AstghfurAllah) and keeping us in the dark because they got strongarmed and embarrassed by the US instead of showing diplomatic strength and telling the US to stick it where the sun don't shine!

I edited my last post with the beautiful picture of the Su-35SE landing and I wrote how angry and disappointed I am about them and who the hell they think they are treating the public like they own us and the whole country nothing. Guess what, we own them and they owe us an explanation in the meantime they can play around with all those medium attack crap aircraft while at the same time the US is laughing at us for being nothing but a bunch of scared chickens.

When you have time, read the post again you'll really see how I feel about them and I am very close to turning against them completely if this Su-35SEGYPT stuff takes any longer or even worse, never comes to the EAF and then what other consequences are there as far as all the Russian equipment we already have and need more of? Such as the MiG-35 and the RVVSD and R-27ER and R-37M? They will have cut our air force strength in half, my friend and they're not doing anyjing about it except signing MOU with SK and India? Shame os them India Brahmos ok and even KA-50 assembly ToT for 100 aircraft just as fine but cannot leave the potent Su-35 SE just lingering, I have a huge problem with that.

Last edited:
Sorry, @Ghostkiller , I totally disagree and I find it insulting the way the Armed Forces have handled this whole mess of affairs and I don't care what stupid light attack training BS aircraft they end up picking and wish them the worst luck in the world for botching the Su-35SE deal and keeping is in the dark because they got strongarmed and embarrassed by the US instead of showing diplomatic strength and telling the US to stick it where the sun don't shine!

I edited my last post with the beautiful picture of the Su-35SE landing and I wrote how angry and disappointed I am about them and who the hell they think they are treating the public like they own us and the whole country nothing. Guess what, we own them and they owe us an explanation in the meantime they can play around with all those medium attack crap aircraft while at the same time the US is laughing at them for being nothing but a bunch of scared chickens. When you have time, read the post again you'll really see how I feel about them and I am very close to turning against them completely if this Su-35SEGYPT stuff takes any longer or even wors, never comes to the EAF and then what other consequences are there as far as all the Russian equipment we already have? What about the MiG-35 and the RVVSD and R-27ER and R-37M? They will have cut our air force strength in half, my friend and they're not doing anyyjing about it? Shame of them
There are two people sticking to the deal
Lieutenant General Osama Askar
And President Sisi

There are two people sticking to the deal
Lieutenant General Osama Askar
And President Sisi

I love it! As long as those two individuals are sticking to the deal, then that can certainly make us feel much much much better aout it happening. When did President Sisi make that comment ya rayis can you post it please? Even in Arabic is perfectly fine teslam ya Basha.

I want to see it sooooooo baaaaaaaad and sooooooooo soooooooon so that all that other stuff can just be sweetening and sugar on top of the Su-35SE Cake! LOLOL! :D

1670108167167.png

Sorry @Ghostkiller I think you already posted the HAF apaches below taking off Anwar Al Sadat I wasn't sure if it was the video or just a pic. Very cool take-offs those guys got the process down pact and can probably do it blindfolded.

Last edited:

The Korean advanced training and light combat aircraft T / FA-50 can carry two cruise missiles in one sortie of the German KEPD-350, which weighs 1.4 tons and warhead weighs 481 kg, has a range of 500 km and flies at a speed of Mach 0.95, or it can carry two Cheonryong cruise missiles It is a Korean stealth cruise missile based on the German missile and is believed to have a range of 300 to 500 km.

-Yn6RAjimHZTzNEYkNL-6_j2iCmPP4J5GDDTrJ6pQl6ARKdqoBvnAygWW3UBJn_HAtYs_MGvCDMt=s1600-nd-v1

Doubt that this aircraft can carry cruise missile. Can anyone check it? @sami_1 you have any idea?

The Korean advanced training and light combat aircraft T / FA-50 can carry two cruise missiles in one sortie of the German KEPD-350, which weighs 1.4 tons and warhead weighs 481 kg, has a range of 500 km and flies at a speed of Mach 0.95, or it can carry two Cheonryong cruise missiles It is a Korean stealth cruise missile based on the German missile and is believed to have a range of 300 to 500 km.

-Yn6RAjimHZTzNEYkNL-6_j2iCmPP4J5GDDTrJ6pQl6ARKdqoBvnAygWW3UBJn_HAtYs_MGvCDMt=s1600-nd-v1

Doubt that this aircraft can carry cruise missile. Can anyone check it? @sami_1 you have any idea?

b2ef19e8809588c9b243a8b074360695.jpg

South Korea uses the German KEPD-350 missile on the South Korean F-15K and is working to manufacture it locally and produce its own developed version of it in a smaller size to work on the F-16, FA-50. Korea suggests that the FA-50 will be equipped with it in the future and the missile. Its price is about 3.5 million euros with weight 1150 kg and range 600 km for Korean air force

imageskd350.jpg

The plane remains in comparison with the Korean plane
The readiness of the Indian UTTAM radar, as well as its higher capabilities than the future Korean radar
After developing the Korean plane and providing it with an internal tank of 300 gallons of additional fuel, 25% less than the Indian plane.
The speed increased, the work maneuvered, the number of armament points, the electronic equipment is still in Hindi, even after the development of the Korean best and highest performance
The same thing about ammunition is higher in the LCA plane
The capabilities of the LCA in air combat are better than the Korean FA-50
The GE-404 engine version of the ball bearing is 17,700 pounds, while the Indian version has 20,200 pounds, which is reflected in the performance of the two aircraft.
The Americans offer Egypt the T-7 as a competitive training aircraft against the Koreans

As mentioned earlier, the LCA's development capabilities are higher
Its price is lower
The diversity of its ammunition is greater
The technology transfer capabilities of the Indian side are higher
So the Indian remains the best in us and financially
In addition to the variety of air-to-air missiles of the LCA aircraft and the limited number of missiles of South Korea
All of these evaluation factors are taken into account

There is only one point that the Koreans and Americans may be working on
It is the passing of the APG-83 radar in favor of developing the F-16 at a low price, although it is believed that the matter will be carried out mainly through Greece.

FeOa5J4aAAAmrGz321.jpg

It is the passing of the APG-83 radar in favor of developing the F-16 at a low price, although it is believed that the matter will be carried out mainly through Greece.
So you are saying that Egypt will have AESA radars on our F-16 through Greece?

Back
Top Bottom