What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I cried while watching the video. Glory to Egypt and glory to our Martyrs

Indeed. I remember my father and mother listening to the radio and BBC and TV news and even they were crying with happiness.

What I take out of it after all these years and especially now is how much more powerful the Egyptian army is compared to that time. They fought an enemy who was clearly better equipped and was the defender with that monstrous wall and the Suez Canal to cross first! People ignore or downplay that tremendous fact.

More importantly is how Egypt held its territory and the Battle of Al Mansoura really put a staple on things to come which is why mostly things are the way they are with the EAF.

So for many years, the culprits (meaning the US and the Jews) were happy that the EAF consisted of mediocre F-16s and MiG-21s and Mirage Vs and only a handful of 2000s.

What they're seeing now is what has them terrified, especially the ease in which the EAF has not only been able to absorb the rather complex Rafale as well as the dual engined MiG-29M/M2, but the frequency of training and strategies of combined forces they've put together. Top that off with all the super acquisitions of naval and radar assets and the emphasis on drones and especially the purchase of the Su-35 and possibly the Typhoon has them shaking in their boots and the sad part is none of that is directed at them. It's strictly a deterrent which for some arrogant reason they don't like it el m3araseen w'lad eld labwa!? Go figure that one out.

I just saw a video of the Erufighter Typhoon Tranche 5 and the air to air missiles it will employ ya lahweeeee I say keep trying for the Rafale but DEFINITELY jump UGLY on the EFT ASAP! And of course, insist on the meteor or don't purchase it. There cannot be a compromise that doesn't include it.

Not just the difference of models, but of colours too. So many shades of sandy yellow and green :D

Priorities, even in the sweltering heat of the Egyptian desert can never stop this specific duty.

View attachment 884782
Russians praying too. It's always nice seeing different cultures and religions cooperate and respect each other.

Guys, how is it with cargo/troop transport trucks currently?

I've read somewhere that Egypt is manufacturing URALs under license. URALs, Pegaso and GAZ Sadko could be commonly seen on displays and exercises too, with other trucks slowly fading away (KrAZ-255 and KrAZ-6322, IFA W50, GAZ-66 and others).

And what is known about Egyptian army trucks under license? I'm mainly interested in Nasr trucks (based on Iveco/Magirus Deutz). Pictures of them are rare for me, but they still seem to be used in decent numbers.
1665072167391.png

Iveco Magirus Nasr (2).png

Iveco Magirus Nasr.png

Iveco Magirus Nasr (2).jpg

1665072691659.png

Magirus Deutz Jupiter.jpg

Magirus Deutz Jupiter (2).jpg

Magirus Deutz Jupiter.png

Last edited:
Not just the difference of models, but of colours too. So many shades of sandy yellow and green :D

Russians praying too. It's always nice seeing different cultures and religions cooperate and respect each other.

Guys, how is it with cargo/troop transport trucks currently?

I've read somewhere that Egypt is manufacturing URALs under license. URALs, Pegaso and GAZ Sadko could be commonly seen on displays and exercises too, with other trucks slowly fading away (KrAZ-255 and KrAZ-6322, IFA W50, GAZ-66 and others).

And what is known about Egyptian army trucks under license? I'm mainly interested in Nasr trucks (based on Iveco/Magirus Deutz). Pictures of them are rare for me, but they still seem to be used in decent numbers.
View attachment 885138
View attachment 885139
View attachment 885140
View attachment 885141
View attachment 885142
View attachment 885145
View attachment 885143
View attachment 885144
There is some rumors saying that Egypt is negotiating with Renaud to build locally trucks

Indeed. I remember my father and mother listening to the radio and BBC and TV news and even they were crying with happiness.
During the war, my mother was about 2 to 3 years old. Before sleeping or when patriotic song broadcasted on radio, she always sang خالي السلاح صحي from Abdel Halim Hafez.

@Foinikas mesh hatbarek hahahaha?
Interesting documentary. One thing I don't understand is how can the Syrians only have partial victories in almost all wars and mostly lose. Egyptians performed great,Syrians again were mediocre. In 1982 you remember what happened in Lebanon. So many wars and the Syrians usually only had some small victories. I like them,I have respect for the SAA,but sometimes all the boasting and talking and they lose hundreds of tanks and aircraft.

Like the guy said in the video "HaMisrim"...

If it wasn't for Egypt...Syria couldn't have waged war alone against Israel.

Back
Top Bottom