What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I think that Ethiopia having an somewhat unstable government may be worse than Ethiopia having no government.

The Tigrayans aren’t any better than the Ethiopian government at all imo for Egypt or for the region.

Imo that’s part of the reason why the Israelis didn’t support the Syrian rebels as much as they could have. Having Assad > having an unstable and unpredictable government.
This would make sense if the UAE borders ethiopia or is even remotely close to
UAE to circulate a refugee crisis. UAE relies on Sudan and ethiopia for its agricultural needs same for SA. I dont get why the UAE isnt keen on signing this problem off to Egypt diplomatically as it will keep its farmland other than sparking unstability in Mid africa
I dont get UAE's support

I was reading more about the GERD issue, and it seems the Saudis are supporting Egypt while the Emiratis are staying neutral.

The real question is even if support is declared for Egypt, will that actually do anything meaningful if not supported by other non diplomatic actions. Economic action is very different than token support unfortunately.

@Ghostkiller

♦️ Reports from the (CIA) confirm that “the ambitious Egyptian nuclear project” does not only aim to obtain “the” electrical energy that the country needs only, as the Egyptian-Russian agreement contained secret clauses in the agreement concluded between the two sides, unknown, allowing Egyptian engineers to obtain All the technical information related to the construction, operation and maintenance of third-generation nuclear reactors, in addition to the Egyptians obtaining the (KNOW HOW) for nuclear technology as a whole.

I have a bit of a problem with the validity of this information. The terms "secret clauses" means they're secret, and knowing how efficient Egyptian intelligence is and of course, Russian intel, the two would NEVER include so-called "secret clauses" in the major contract or agreement. What they do include are essentially very detailed aspects of the following items.

"The contracts stipulate that Rosatom will not only build the plant, but will also supply Russian nuclear fuel for its entire life cycle. They will also assist Egyptian partners in training personnel and plant maintenance for the first 10 years of its operation. Rosatom is also contracted to build a special storage facility and supply containers for storing used nuclear fuel."

Russia and especially Egypt, knowing quite well the volatility of having even a civil nuclear program in the heart of the Middle East would NEVER add so-called "secret clauses" or stipulations or whatever that would implicate them in any future desires to secure a nuclear arms program.

I think the intent of this piece is really to trigger the masses to start talking about it and making it a bigger issue than it really is as well as raise doubts and fear and tensions, possibly bringing the US into the fray with the Jews to start an anti-Egyptian campaign as many within the circles of political diplomacy, there are many unhappy fools about Egypt's rise in not only the ME, but in worldly standing. Economically and especially militarily. They've witnessed arguably the greatest military modernization in recent history and they never want to see such a thing. Their ultimate goal is to see a suppressed and oppressed Egypt that is weak and not doing well, of course. A strong Egypt is apparently a threat to certain western and "local" ambitions as we've seen when countries like Iraq, Libya and of course, Syria (Tunisia also in a different way) that pushed themselves out of the grips of that stranglehold. They don't like that and will look for anything to disrupt that momentum and status. Egypt needs to -- and will be -- VERY careful with the diplomacy of this whole nuclear energy program.

The other issue with the UAE is absolutely disconcerting! A7a ya3ni homa asdo7um eh? What the frig are they trying to prove, here? Is it really their ambition to end up mediating the dam and being the heroes whom found the way to solve the problem? If that's the case, so be it! I would think that would be perfectly fine with the Egyptian brass. But to provide all this assistance -- especially militarily -- and not be completely clear with Egypt as to the proper and good intentions the UAE has about this major and existential problem Egypt has with Ethiopia, then we have a HUGE problem with them! Regardless of all the assistance they provided to Egypt. You cannot backstab a brother like that, which makes me think that it is impossible that their intentions are to maliciously affect Egypt in any way.

Even the silly theory of carving out a new canal along the israeli border from eilat to the med. was about as ridiculous as it could be and also turned out to be nothing but false, idiotically made-up rumors. Let's hope this is the same thing because this is an existential problem. Nothing could be graver to mess with.

I was reading more about the GERD issue, and it seems the Saudis are supporting Egypt while the Emiratis are staying neutral.

The real question is even if support is declared for Egypt, will that actually do anything meaningful if not supported by other non diplomatic actions. Economic action is very different than token support unfortunately.

@Ghostkiller
Azdak?

This would make sense if the UAE borders ethiopia or is even remotely close to
UAE to circulate a refugee crisis. UAE relies on Sudan and ethiopia for its agricultural needs same for SA. I dont get why the UAE isnt keen on signing this problem off to Egypt diplomatically as it will keep its farmland other than sparking unstability in Mid africa
I dont get UAE's support
Im not sure I understand your statement wrong, but don’t fret if English isn’t your first language.

Basically, Ethiopia has a higher population than Egypt and has the potential of having a much bigger economy than what it currently has which is minuscule at 100 billion.

Russians, Chinese, and everyone else you can think of want to try to take advantage of that and make a lot of money so taking a side against Ethiopia may limit their ability to get invest in the country.

Unfortunately money is the most important thing in the world nowadays.

About what?

Supporting Egypt in this dispute through the UN for example is useless if not backed up by meaningful economic action.

It’s why UN fails to do anything in many scenarios.

I’ll try to make a metaphor for you, imagine you are about to get into a fight with a group of guys. You then call your friend and say are you going to help me in a fight with them, and he says agrees but never shows up when the fight starts and you get your *** kicked.

Last edited:

One of the Korean products that we wish to contract with the right of local manufacturing.
The Egyptian Navy is the largest in the region, and it is necessary to work on the manufacture of a local missile to meet the needs of the parts in service. The Korean missile is a great option, close to the capabilities of the Exocet and the Harpoon, and it flies at a low altitude. There is a copy of it against land targets, and it can also be launched from submarines..
The South Korean SSM-700K anti-ship missile is a surface-to-surface missile that can be launched from sea vessels or land and air platforms to eliminate enemy naval vessels.
Its weight is 718 kg and its warhead weight is 250 kg. It has a maximum range of 200 km. Its speed is Mach 0.95. It flies at a low altitude. The missile is guided by inertial INS and active radar seeker Ku-Band.
There is another version of the missile called the SSM-750K intended for attacking land targets. It has the same specifications as the anti-ship version of the range, warhead payload and speed, but differs in guidance systems. The land version is guided by inertial INS and GPS satellites.
It can be fired from the front torpedo hatches of submarines.

RGO1-w3ShhnNEihOsx1StfEofHZkVf7UWcZ4yQ7tUZx4tgeyzceDHDwMNHGjE40EQmx1aHkAbt7H=s654-nd-v1

To much for having both FA-50 and Tejas/Thunder, it is totally a headache for us hahaha. For me, we must indigenize air force equipments (missiles bombs ) etc.. Ik that in EDEX2023 we will see some smart munition. I really want AAM.
I mean both as an answer to your suggestion.."Either we got the Tariq bomb from EDGE factory so a built EDGE factory or either we got from cooperation Rheinmetall-Denel factory so ToT. "

Egypt is just the big boss of Egypt hahaha

One of the Korean products that we wish to contract with the right of local manufacturing.
The Egyptian Navy is the largest in the region, and it is necessary to work on the manufacture of a local missile to meet the needs of the parts in service. The Korean missile is a great option, close to the capabilities of the Exocet and the Harpoon, and it flies at a low altitude. There is a copy of it against land targets, and it can also be launched from submarines..
The South Korean SSM-700K anti-ship missile is a surface-to-surface missile that can be launched from sea vessels or land and air platforms to eliminate enemy naval vessels.
Its weight is 718 kg and its warhead weight is 250 kg. It has a maximum range of 200 km. Its speed is Mach 0.95. It flies at a low altitude. The missile is guided by inertial INS and active radar seeker Ku-Band.
There is another version of the missile called the SSM-750K intended for attacking land targets. It has the same specifications as the anti-ship version of the range, warhead payload and speed, but differs in guidance systems. The land version is guided by inertial INS and GPS satellites.
It can be fired from the front torpedo hatches of submarines.

RGO1-w3ShhnNEihOsx1StfEofHZkVf7UWcZ4yQ7tUZx4tgeyzceDHDwMNHGjE40EQmx1aHkAbt7H=s654-nd-v1

I mean both as an answer to your suggestion.."Either we got the Tariq bomb from EDGE factory so a built EDGE factory or either we got from cooperation Rheinmetall-Denel factory so ToT. "
I misunderstood your statement hahaha

♦️ Reports from the (CIA) confirm that “the ambitious Egyptian nuclear project” does not only aim to obtain “the” electrical energy that the country needs only, as the Egyptian-Russian agreement contained secret clauses in the agreement concluded between the two sides, unknown, allowing Egyptian engineers to obtain All the technical information related to the construction, operation and maintenance of third-generation nuclear reactors, in addition to the Egyptians obtaining the (KNOW HOW) for nuclear technology as a whole. Nuclear plants, each of which contains (4) nuclear reactors, which is a large number that exceeds Egypt’s need, especially after the huge gas discoveries in the “Eastern Mediterranean, of which Egypt has the largest share.” The Egyptian peaceful nuclear project, as announced, is a special project for the purposes of energy production Through peaceful nuclear technology, but it may turn into a “military nuclear project” in the future, especially if we take into account that (Iran) is likely to obtain a nuclear bomb in the near future, which will give seed to major countries in the region (such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE). you can Woe to their peaceful nuclear programs to military ones!! And if we add to this (the Israeli nuclear arsenal), which Israel constantly denies, all of this will lead to a nuclear arms race in the Middle East.

This guy has a history of not providing sources but has some sensible info
can someone find that cia report because i couldnt
There are mistakes in this report or tweet..a good example is Egypt is building one plant with 4 nuclear reactors.. it might add another similar plant.. but not before 2040/50..

He is right on one thing.. is that one main purpose of building the Dabaa nuclear plant.. is to get the know how and nuclear energy higher education,, and there is nothing wrong with that, Egypt like many others seek to benefit from nuclear technology related sciences in many fields....But jumping from that to seeking a “military nuclear project” is another level of hypocrisy and displaced fear.. because obviously most of the West wouldn't like to see any Arab country with that know how..That they have! HaHaHa!

Here is a report from the UNITED STATES SENATE ..dated 2008
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CPRT-110SPRT39674/html/CPRT-110SPRT39674.htm

Last edited:
The decisive message.. this is Egypt's striking force

That's awesome. EAF really needs to exponentially increase the number of its modern fighters. It's great that they were able to secure those additional 30 Rafales to make a total of 54, eventually. But remember when they made the claim that they really liked the aircraft and were hoping at some point (relatively sooner than later) to increase the number of the French jet to 75, possibly even 100? Well, I don't think they expected their own success with the original purchase to cause an explosion in the demand of that fighter jet all across the board, especially the UAE's 80 aircraft order. Damn that was ridiculous because now that has really jammed up production line availability.

All the countries that were black-listed as interested F-35 customers have all suddenly turned to the next, best available option in the Rafale, thanks to Egypt. Really. And it's an incredible alternative to anyone who could be so lucky as to be able to purchase it in any numbers. So in a way, we kinda kicked our own selves in our own heads lmao.

Now the problem is how to increase the EAF's modern fighters count with this Rafale dilemma?
- Grind right into the Eurofighter Typhoon regardless of MBDA approving the meteor? 24 EFTs are not really much when you think about it but adding them to the 54 Rafies and now you're looking at almost 80 Eurocanards, is much better but the EAF really needs at least 130, maybe even 150 of these great aircraft.

- Certainly increase the number of MiGs with at least another 60 MiG-35s and no more settling for the M/M2/X/XYZ whatever. With the very affordable price of these aircraft and their incredible performance, it's no wonder these jets haven't made a much bigger impact on the global market, but I think we know the main reason being the US' ability to put the Kiebach on anyone looking to buy Russian fighters. Either way, the EAF is gonna HAVE to find a way around this stupid US strongarming like India has.

Anyone know how India was able to get exemptions on CAATSA from the US? They possibly might have agreed to purchase F/A-18 Super Hornets instead of Rafale Ms in return for the exemption on the purchase of the S-400. There goes the US sticking it to France again, but maybe this is the EAF's ticket to slide in and take advantage of that?

What about Algeria? Their entire military is practically Russian-made equipment with the exception of a few cargo planes and helicopters and such. It still deals with the US on a certain level how has it coped with the Russian sanctions?

- The Su-35s. These would be absolutely incredible should the EAF be able to field even just 50 of these beasts. But only under the deal that they aggressively pursue the Su-57 as soon as it becomes available for export. But when is the obvious US stranglehold on this order going to end? Or has it already and we're all kidding ourselves?

Not an easy dilemma to figure out.

BTW, do you remember that certain Russian pod you posted about as a possible piece of equipment that the EAF could acquire with the MIG-29M/M2s that supposedly fools incoming missiles by duplicating the jet fighter's radar signal return by doubling or tripling the MiG's silhouette to confuse the incoming missile and guide it away? If you remember, could you link it for me and the other fellas who might not have seen it? That thing was crazy and I just wanted to look into it a bit more. Only if it's not too much of a hassle for you, bro!

EAF MIG-29 squadrons patches.

1659923911045.png

1659923928057.png

That's awesome. EAF really needs to exponentially increase the number of its modern fighters. It's great that they were able to secure those additional 30 Rafales to make a total of 54, eventually. But remember when they made the claim that they really liked the aircraft and were hoping at some point (relatively sooner than later) to increase the number of the French jet to 75, possibly even 100? Well, I don't think they expected their own success with the original purchase to cause an explosion in the demand of that fighter jet all across the board, especially the UAE's 80 aircraft order. Damn that was ridiculous because now that has really jammed up production line availability.

All the countries that were black-listed as interested F-35 customers have all suddenly turned to the next, best available option in the Rafale, thanks to Egypt. Really. And it's an incredible alternative to anyone who could be so lucky as to be able to purchase it in any numbers. So in a way, we kinda kicked our own selves in our own heads lmao.

Now the problem is how to increase the EAF's modern fighters count with this Rafale dilemma?
- Grind right into the Eurofighter Typhoon regardless of MBDA approving the meteor? 24 EFTs are not really much when you think about it but adding them to the 54 Rafies and now you're looking at almost 80 Eurocanards, is much better but the EAF really needs at least 130, maybe even 150 of these great aircraft.

- Certainly increase the number of MiGs with at least another 60 MiG-35s and no more settling for the M/M2/X/XYZ whatever. With the very affordable price of these aircraft and their incredible performance, it's no wonder these jets haven't made a much bigger impact on the global market, but I think we know the main reason being the US' ability to put the Kiebach on anyone looking to buy Russian fighters. Either way, the EAF is gonna HAVE to find a way around this stupid US strongarming like India has.

Anyone know how India was able to get exemptions on CAATSA from the US? They possibly might have agreed to purchase F/A-18 Super Hornets instead of Rafale Ms in return for the exemption on the purchase of the S-400. There goes the US sticking it to France again, but maybe this is the EAF's ticket to slide in and take advantage of that?

What about Algeria? Their entire military is practically Russian-made equipment with the exception of a few cargo planes and helicopters and such. It still deals with the US on a certain level how has it coped with the Russian sanctions?

- The Su-35s. These would be absolutely incredible should the EAF be able to field even just 50 of these beasts. But only under the deal that they aggressively pursue the Su-57 as soon as it becomes available for export. But when is the obvious US stranglehold on this order going to end? Or has it already and we're all kidding ourselves?

Not an easy dilemma to figure out.

BTW, do you remember that certain Russian pod you posted about as a possible piece of equipment that the EAF could acquire with the MIG-29M/M2s that supposedly fools incoming missiles by duplicating the jet fighter's radar signal return by doubling or tripling the MiG's silhouette to confuse the incoming missile and guide it away? If you remember, could you link it for me and the other fellas who might not have seen it? That thing was crazy and I just wanted to look into it a bit more. Only if it's not too much of a hassle for you, bro!

EAF MIG-29 squadrons patches.

View attachment 868805

View attachment 868806
Bro.. I do remember everything..

Just remember one secret..the UAE, KSA and Egypt move in a coordinated way.. be it the Rafale or else.. hope you have felt it and saw it too.. sounds irrational but facts say it is very rational .. and real.. let others guess.. I know you know..

Last edited:
Why don't these ships have the CIWS? Will it be supplied in the future or has the Egyptian navy approved this configuration?

It seems very strange that ships of this tonnage do not have a point air defense system. Surely there must be a reason.

FZorrU7XgAA8j1M

Why don't these ships have the CIWS? Will it be supplied in the future or has the Egyptian navy approved this configuration?

It seems very strange that ships of this tonnage do not have a point air defense system. Surely there must be a reason.

FZorrU7XgAA8j1M

Most if not all of Egyptian naval ships employ the American Phalanx CIWS which is one of the two options that TKMS offers on the MEKO A200 and that's most likely what it'll end up getting.

Back
Top Bottom