What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Chinese defence giant Poly Technologies has secretly taken a stake in the capital of IMUT, a company set up to deliver locally-built armoured vehicles to the Egyptian army and which is run from Pretoria by American-Egyptian busnessman Michel F. Knight.

EUDcIF0XsAAI0KT
Do you have a link for that? I believe you but I want to gather sources.
GAM-102s would be a great addition, would make the ST-100 a tank hunter but nothing is confirmed. Any idea how big/small that stake is...? Also, do you think that Egypt’s defence industry has a good future?

Do you have a link for that? I believe you but I want to gather sources.
GAM-102s would be a great addition, would make the ST-100 a tank hunter but nothing is confirmed. Any idea how big/small that stake is...? Also, do you think that Egypt’s defence industry has a good future?
I got it from this website but it costs 10 euros to read the article.

https://www.africaintelligence.com/...nks-to-imut-s-armoured-vehicles,109598170-eve

Yes, I think if Egypt can invest in its defense industry a lot of money it can have a pretty good future.

Hey @ARCH٤R do you think new armament can be integrated on Egyptian aircraft or no? UAE seems promising with its developments and I was wondering if it would be possible. I heard they are working on a powerpack for the Tariq bomb to make it easier to use without the need for aircraft OEM help.

Last edited:
Hey @ARCH٤R do you think new armament can be integrated on Egyptian aircraft or no? UAE seems promising with its developments and I was wondering if it would be possible. I heard they are working on a powerpack for the Tariq bomb to make it easier to use without the need for aircraft OEM help.
One thing I’m sure of is that I wish, but first we should sign the CISMOA. We should consider wiring MICAs to our Su-35s;
1- The Indian Airforce Chief visited Egypt recently
2- The Indian AF is seriously considering wiring MICAs to their Su-30s
3- MBDA is considering a facility in Egypt, we can see MICAs being produced there.
I’m being optimistic as a result of 1,2 and 3.

Egypt should get upgrades for most of the F-16 fleet at first, later on if 3 becomes a reality then Egypt should consider wiring AASM Hammers at first and later on MICA missiles. Nothing of this will happen if we don’t sign the CISMOA. I believe the F-16s airframe is capable of holding MICAs at any hard point since it’s lighter and shorter in length than the AMRAAMs. On the other hand, the UAE is likely to equip their F-16s with El Tariq and the JDAM they plan to make and it won’t be a problem for Egypt since the UAE is the No.1 ally nowadays.

One thing I’m sure of is that I wish, but first we should sign the CISMOA. We should consider wiring MICAs to our Su-35s;
1- The Indian Airforce Chief visited Egypt recently
2- The Indian AF is seriously considering wiring MICAs to their Su-30s
Test fired just a few days ago.
Even the newer RVV-SD was fired from the Su-30MKI.

On the other hand, the UAE is likely to equip their F-16s with El Tariq and the JDAM they plan to make and it won’t be a problem for Egypt since the UAE is the No.1 ally nowadays.
And if you didnt know they are also coming out with a turbojet powered Tariq bomb for longer range up to 290 km from what I read on this forum

The company has been one of the drivers for extending the range and introducing the power pack that gives the weapon an 8-hr. autonomy and allows the customer to be less reliant on the aircraft’s OEM for integration.
Al-Tariq is also working on a Block 2 guidance kit introducing a modernized navigation system and a power pack to reduce the weapon’s dependence on the carrier aircraft’s electrical power system. Engineers are looking to extend the range of the weapon using a turbojet, essentially turning the weapon into a cheap cruise missile.

And if you didnt know they are also coming out with a turbojet powered Tariq bomb for longer range up to 290 km from what I read on this forum

The company has been one of the drivers for extending the range and introducing the power pack that gives the weapon an 8-hr. autonomy and allows the customer to be less reliant on the aircraft’s OEM for integration.
Al-Tariq is also working on a Block 2 guidance kit introducing a modernized navigation system and a power pack to reduce the weapon’s dependence on the carrier aircraft’s electrical power system. Engineers are looking to extend the range of the weapon using a turbojet, essentially turning the weapon into a cheap cruise missile.
I wasn’t aware of that but I have good faith in the UAE, I believe they will succeed and have no problems equipping their F-16s with them - yet the US could reject wiring them to Egyptian F-16s.

I wasn’t aware of that but I have good faith in the UAE, I believe they will succeed and have no problems equipping their F-16s with them - yet the US could reject wiring them to Egyptian F-16s.
I think the powerpack is for putting the bombs on standard bomb pylons ans dropping them like dumb bombs and the powerpack does the rest of the work so integration isnt needed and data can be plugged in on the ground.

Love it love it love it, bro! Did you see that severe AoA those Rafales had to do to keep up with that Cesna? A true estament to those delta wings and those canards that spread more air over the wings, love it even more! Can't wait to see India show up to Egypt or vice-versa and have an all-out Rafale fly-off to learn from each other and fly tight formation flights over the Red Sea and Sinai peninsula and the Medieranean etc. That would be something I would strongly look forward to. As a matter of fact, have those French lead the parade while they're at it so it would be a slew of L'Armee de L'air, IAF, and Tahyia Misr!!!! :tup::tup::tup: Thank you for posting that and tagging me, bro.

BTW, this new format sucks, just my opinion. Maybe when I get used to it i'll like it but I highly doubt it.

Nice to hear what armament?
Sadly I don’t know - yet. Just like how I don’t know what Missiles the EAF acquired in the deals for Su-35s and MiG-29M2s.

BTW, this new format sucks, just my opinion. Maybe when I get used to it i'll like it but I highly doubt it.
Yes, it doesn’t give me good impressions either.
A true estament to those delta wings and those canards that spread more air over the wings, love it even more! Can't wait to see India show up to Egypt or vice-versa and have an all-out Rafale fly-off to learn from each other and fly tight formation flights over the Red Sea and Sinai peninsula and the Medieranean etc. That would be something I would strongly look forward to. As a matter of fact, have those French lead the parade while they're at it so it would be a slew of L'Armee de L'air, IAF, and Tahyia Misr!!!! :tup::tup::tup: Thank you for posting that and tagging me, bro.
Indeed, we can also see Flankers of both countries exercise together. Indians and Chinese lead when it comes to the Flanker’s weaponry. In this regard, I hope we get MICAs on our Su-35s along with all the Chinese weapon packages.

Sadly I don’t know - yet. Just like how I don’t know what Missiles the EAF acquired in the deals for Su-35s and MiG-29M2s.
Sadly Umkhonto contract was cancelled probably instead will get VL Mica or maybe Iris T SL I dont know.

Back
Top Bottom