What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I think addition of PANTSIR S2 and S400 one more Air Defense system will add some real fire power. But Egypt would also have to work that in case of war with Israel. Israel doesn't manage to jam Egypt's Air Defense Radar systems

I would have to agree with @HannibalBarca on this one, Zarvan, I think we're at a good point with the ADS and really all we need are a few more batteries of the S-300VM. 3 brigades is a decent amount but we have a lot of critical infrastructure and now with a lot of the newly built military installations and naval stations, a larger force of the S-300VM itself would be the right thing. And then in time, increase the TOR/BUK M2 as well since those are absolutely viscous SAMs. I don't think we need the S-400 simply because really, the only advantage to that over the S-300VM is an additional 100 kilometers. I know that sounds like a lot, but not if we're talking a difference between 300km and 400km. What we need to concentrate on are most definitely our naval ships and their potency with their built-in missile systems, add more modern submarines and get those 2 Mistrals fully equipped with defensive systems and Ka-52 Katrans.

Besides, Israel and Egypt are friends anyway. We've had 40 years of peace and relations are growing by the day and there aren't even any tensions between us, quite the opposite. I bet you if they solved the Palestinian issue, we would be some of the best of friends! There's no conflict with them. If anything, the country that is directly to our north across the Mediterranean is a MUCH bigger problem, and I'm not talking about the Island of Cyprus. Those are the ones who have made enemies of us and we need to keep a huge eye in the sky with regards to their arrogance and meddling in our internal affairs and business, not to mention their continuous support of the terrorist group that is killing our soldiers and civilians and Egyptian Christians and trying to destabilize the country. THAT is the enemy. @Crocodile is 100% right on the money with that.

I have to agree with you on that, with the recent formidable gas discoveries, we should be more vigilant to the saber rattling of the mad sultan and his tendency to harass and steel from his weaker neighbors. Given these circumstances, the building up of our naval power can't go fast enough, we need to step up our game or we'll be next.

Especially when he just got re-elected, his ball sacks have probably doubled in size and now will be even more of a donkey. Mal3oun abu omu Allah yekhreb betu w'bet abu. Wallahi ana ma3andeesh moshkela lama bashtemu keda. 24/7. BTW, enta kont fenak ya kbeir? :-)

Major General al-Ghabari: We made "19" adjustments to the American M1A1 Tank and this has angered the Americans..

The funny thing is the one example he talks about (and he even mentions they were discussed with the Americans and approved) when they noticed the American tanks in Iraq having issues with the pure, finer desert sand getting into the air intakes and causing fires in the motors, they decided to make finer filters on the Egyptian Abrams to eliminate that problem. That one item doesn't sound like a big deal but what surprises me is when he says they refused to share it with the Americans?! Not sure why they would do that TBH. Of course that would anger the US, not necessarily the adjustments or modifications themselves.

The funny thing is the one example he talks about (and he even mentions they were discussed with the Americans and approved) when they noticed the American tanks in Iraq having issues with the pure, finer desert sand getting into the air intakes and causing fires in the motors, they decided to make finer filters on the Egyptian Abrams to eliminate that problem. That one item doesn't sound like a big deal but what surprises me is when he says they refused to share it with the Americans?! Not sure why they would do that TBH. Of course that would anger the US, not necessarily the adjustments or modifications themselves.
It might have to do with invention rights and intellectual property.. otherwise why not share.. and there is also the US refusal to share some weapons or upgrades.. So it might be a bigger issue concerning sovereignty..

BTW, The new Defense minister is visiting France as we speak.. hope for some good news about the Rafale, the missiles and Fremms!?

It might have to do with invention rights and intellectual property.. otherwise why not share.. and there is also the US refusal to share some weapons or upgrades.. So it might be a bigger issue concerning sovereignty..

Good point by you. Certainly valid considerations.

BTW, The new Defense minister is visiting France as we speak.. hope for some good news about the Rafale, the missiles and Fremms!?

As of a few minutes ago, rumor has it (according to La Tribune) that Egypt is expected to sign the contracts for the additional 24 Rafales (not 12 as originally stated) and the 2 more Gowinds. If true, that would be amazing. It will bring the Rafale count to 48 and Gowinds to 6.

DhRSA9MXcAAS6nh.jpg

Dg3dAmTVQAASwK5.jpg

Good point by you. Certainly valid considerations.

As of a few minutes ago, rumor has it (according to La Tribune) that Egypt is expected to sign the contracts for the additional 24 Rafales (not 12 as originally stated) and the 2 more Gowinds. If true, that would be amazing. It will bring the Rafale count to 48 and Gowinds to 6.

DhRSA9MXcAAS6nh.jpg

Dg3dAmTVQAASwK5.jpg
Then no mention of Fremms? So alternatives are indeed in the pipes...

Then no mention of Fremms?

Not according to this current rumor an supposed article in LaTribune. I personally haven't read the article which is why I'm saying it's a rumor.

So alternatives are indeed in the pipes...

I think the deal with Spain might've pushed things away from additional FREMMs, if I'm not mistaken.

Not according to this current rumor an supposed article in LaTribune. I personally haven't read the article which is why I'm saying it's a rumor.

I think the deal with Spain might've pushed things away from additional FREMMs, if I'm not mistaken.

Here is the Article of "La Tribune"

"D'autres grands contrats pourraient être finalisés en 2018. A commencer par la vente de 24 Rafale supplémentaires à l'Egypte. En revanche, l'Inde ne devrait pas signer une nouvelle commande de Rafale en 2018 compte tenu d'une polémique sur la vente des 36 exemplaires vendus en 2016 dans un contexte préélectoral. Outre l'Argentine, Naval Group est en course en Égypte, où le groupe naval négocie la vente des deux corvettes supplémentaires équipées du système de combat de Naval Group, le Setis (autour de 500 millions d'euros)."

It's an opinion from the journalist. "He" thinks it will be finalized in 2018 (24 Rafale +2 Gowind)...As for the 24 pcs, he's redirecting to a previous Article Where they "Think" it could be 12 or 24.

Even if we didn't get any more Gowinds... Additional 24 Rafales will be great.

I really hope we would get more Rafales... And I really wish they would be 24 instead of just 12.

Even if we didn't get any more Gowinds... Additional 24 Rafales will be great.

I really hope we would get more Rafales... And I really wish they would be 24 instead of just 12.

And you would hope that the increase from the 12 to 24 (if true) has been the result of "positive" news regarding the SCALP issue. It would be MUCH better if 48 EAF Rafales had SCALP firing capabilities because the cruise missiles are available. I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if they settle for a total of 36 let alone 48 Rafales if the SCALPs have been effectively denied.

I don't think there is any more room for us to settle for certain inaccessibility to certain weapons and the same should be said particularly about the US and not necessarily France. I think it's time to get a bit aggressive with everyone we're buying weapons from that there cannot be any weapons that are off-limits with the exception of nukes of course. Those days need to be over.
The same MUST also apply to the Meteor missile and the MICA NG, but especially the Meteor. I really hope France doesn't have any issue when it comes to those two missiles.

I think having suffered without BVR missiles for decades until just 2 years ago needs to be over. We also need to push the US very heavily about the Viper upgrade that would most certainly include the AIM-120D and not C either, and the AIM-9X as well as JDAM kits. They don't need to withhold any more weapons. Those days are over.

If there aren't any more F-16s coming to the EAF, where is that $1.3 billion in yearly aid going to go to? The aid is part of the peace treaty package (as well as many other stipulations in the clause of the aid) but we've abided by all of them and Sisi is friends with the orange baboon mountain who loves to sell weapons, so if there is any time that there is a big chance, this is it.

Although knowing the orange-haired baboon and his policies very pretty well, I'm sure the aid doesn't sit well with him. So if we were to push for any additional weapons, we need to "incentivise" them in some smart way to entice the Americans. Then if they agree on the additional 3 types of weapons, we can order another batch of F-16 block ? or if we're really smart enough and have outstanding negotiating skillllzzzz, I would MUCH prefer a batch of 12-24 newly manufactured F-15. They were once on the table and even fully approved by congress, why not bring try it again. Israel might have a different view this time around since it's been a while and we've been in the Sinai with a huge armada and they didn't have to worry about anything. I would use the "pretext" (not the "threat", big distinction between those two worth) that if the F-15 doesn't work out, we have no choice but to pursue the Su-35. That could very well work.

Last edited:
And you would hope that the increase from the 12 to 24 (if true) has been the result of "positive" news regarding the SCALP issue. It would be MUCH better if 48 EAF Rafales had SCALP firing capabilities because the cruise missiles are available. I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if they settle for a total of 36 let alone 48 Rafales if the SCALPs have been effectively denied.

I don't think there is any more room for us to settle for certain inaccessibility to certain weapons and the same should be said particularly about the US and not necessarily France. I think it's time to get a bit aggressive with everyone we're buying weapons from that there cannot be any weapons that are off-limits with the exception of nukes of course. Those days need to be over.
The same MUST also apply to the Meteor missile and the MICA NG, but especially the Meteor. I really hope France doesn't have any issue when it comes to those two missiles.

I think having suffered without BVR missiles for decades until just 2 years ago needs to be over. We also need to push the US very heavily about the Viper upgrade that would most certainly include the AIM-120D and not C either, and the AIM-9X as well as JDAM kits. They don't need to withhold any more weapons. Those days are over.

If there aren't any more F-16s coming to the EAF, where is that $1.3 billion in yearly aid going to go to? The aid is part of the peace treaty package (as well as many other stipulations in the clause of the aid) but we've abided by all of them and Sisi is friends with the orange baboon mountain who loves to sell weapons, so if there is any time that there is a big chance, this is it.

Although knowing the orange-haired baboon and his policies very pretty well, I'm sure the aid doesn't sit well with him. So if we were to push for any additional weapons, we need to "incentivise" them in some smart way to entice the Americans. Then if they agree on the additional 3 types of weapons, we can order another batch of F-16 block ? or if we're really smart enough and have outstanding negotiating skillllzzzz, I would MUCH prefer a batch of 12-24 newly manufactured F-15. They were once on the table and even fully approved by congress, why not bring try it again. Israel might have a different view this time around since it's been a while and we've been in the Sinai with a huge armada and they didn't have to worry about anything. I would use the "pretext" (not the "threat", big distinction between those two worth) that if the F-15 doesn't work out, we have no choice but to pursue the Su-35. That could very well work.

The 1.3 billion aid is in the camp David accords, with erdogan gaining trump as an enemy, sisi, Greeks, Kurds and Americans Share the same enemy now so the aid won't stop, not any time soon unless the democrats give the reoublicans a shit sandwich like what Sen. Patrick Leahy did some time ago.

The 1.3 billion aid is in the camp David accords, with erdogan gaining trump as an enemy, sisi, Greeks, Kurds and Americans Share the same enemy now so the aid won't stop, not any time soon unless the democrats give the reoublicans a shit sandwich like what Sen. Patrick Leahy did some time ago.

Yep, but a good portion of that $1.3B was always going towards an occasional batch or 24 F-16s, right? So if it doesn't seem like we will be using any of that aid money for more F-16s, then there really is only one other option as far as American fighters are concerned. And now with the CISMOA signed, this should open the door wider for the potential of much better equipment but the AIM-120 and AIM-9X are a must have. Without them, more F-16s or even F-15s wouldn't be worth a handful of sand. In that case I would switch to the Russians for the Su-35 with the new R-77-1 and more R-73s immediately because we definitely need a long-range fighter, despite the incredible range of the Rafale. That would also open the door to the Su-57 and why not at this point? Why not think of moving towards that potential despite the general consensus regarding the disputed low observability of the Su-57. It's not like there are many choices out there and the addition of that lethal bird would be unimaginable.

Plus the entire fleet of F-16s (whatever that may be at this point) since all we really see are the block 40's and occasionally here and there we see a couple of the upgraded block 32 B's and D's and block 52s need to be upgraded with those 3 primary weapons I mentioned. It's hard to tell how many of all 244 originally ordered F-16s are truly active. Supposedly the number is around 218. We know they've retired a few of the old block 15 A's and have had losses for sure.

While Morocco and Greece are getting full Viper upgrades and operate all 3 weapons systems in the AIM-120, AIM-9X and JDAMs, and Bahrain just signing a contract for 16 block 70 Vipers with all the bells and whistles, the acquisition of any EAF-standard F-16s would be the worst thing ever. Unimaginable.

F-15 ? For Egypt ? I don't think that we would be allowed access to this strong fighter... May be we will just get upgrades to the F-16 Viper, along with the BVR missiles that were blocked from us. I think this MUST happen, and sooner rather than later. If all major regional powers around us are getting either F-15 or F-18, not to mention F-35, along with all other powerful fighter like Euro-fighter Typhoon or Rafale, having the Viper upgrade fully-equipped with the BVR missiles is the least we could ask for.

I remember reading something about the possibility of buying Mirage-2000/9, which is an Emirati version of the French fighter I guess, but that was like, 2 or 3 years ago, may be more... Is it something that we really need now ? And can we really get it ? Or we should concentrate on Rafale and Mig-35 and SU-35, may be also the JF-17, if it will be a major step forward for our manufacturing capabilities ?

Anyway... after a few years from now, will the F-16 Viper, Rafale, MIG-35 and a few numbers of SU-35, will they be really enough ? 36-48 Rafales and 48 MIG-35, I don't know how many Vipers will we have by then, and may be 12 (or less) SU-35... Not enough, at least in term of numbers, I guess :undecided::undecided::undecided:

Although knowing the orange-haired baboon and his policies very pretty well, I'm sure the aid doesn't sit well with him. So if we were to push for any additional weapons, we need to "incentivise" them in some smart way to entice the Americans. Then if they agree on the additional 3 types of weapons, we can order another batch of F-16 block ? or if we're really smart enough and have outstanding negotiating skillllzzzz, I would MUCH prefer a batch of 12-24 newly manufactured F-15. They were once on the table and even fully approved by congress, why not bring try it again. Israel might have a different view this time around since it's been a while and we've been in the Sinai with a huge armada and they didn't have to worry about anything. I would use the "pretext" (not the "threat", big distinction between those two worth) that if the F-15 doesn't work out, we have no choice but to pursue the Su-35. That very well work.
Good news Ya Basha!..Apparently the negotiations are about 24 new Rafales (the negotiations can be concluded very quickly), 30 Patrollers (armed version), Cougar Helicopters from Airbus are of interest to Egypt.. But negotiations about the 2 additional Gowinds are stalled for now.. Egypt apparently finds the maintenance too expensive and the prices too high.. The components of The Scalp were released for Egypt.. after the last visit by the French president to the US..:

licenses have recently been granted to export the Rafale PODs, target designation nacelle, previously blocked by ITARs, to Egypt

https://www.latribune.fr/entreprise...uveau-sur-la-meme-longueur-d-onde-784460.html

Good news Ya Basha!..Apparently the negotiations are about 24 new Rafales (the negotiations can be concluded very quickly), 30 Patrollers (armed version), Cougar Helicopters from Airbus are of interest to Egypt.. But negotiations about the 2 additional Gowinds are stalled for now.. Egypt apparently finds the maintenance too expensive and the prices too high.. The components of The Scalp were released for Egypt.. after the last visit by the French president to the US..:

licenses have recently been granted to export the Rafale PODs, target designation nacelle, previously blocked by ITARs, to Egypt

https://www.latribune.fr/entreprise...uveau-sur-la-meme-longueur-d-onde-784460.html

I heard, big bro. Except I got an English news bulletin instead of a French one lol.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/22...xport_of_Scalp_Missiles_to_Egypt#.W0QJI9VKiM8

The Armed Patrollers are interesting, but the interest in the Eurocopters are definitely a surprise. Didn't see that one coming. This would certainly fit the bill for what they need, not just utility but SAR.

Eurocopter_AS-532UL_Cougar%2C_France_-_Army_%28cropped%29.jpg

We knew the French were going to honor the deal, especially knowing that Trump actually likes Sisi quite a bit so it probably wasn't much effort for Macron to convince him. The question is the heat Trump must be getting from the Israelis or even within congress, knowing the US can easily block anything with a wink of an eye and it never was about any US components, it was always about Israel. Now on to the Meteors.

I also found it very interesting the Egyptian navy's view on the Gowinds!? Who saw that coming?

I heard, big bro. Except I got an English news bulletin instead of a French one lol.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/22...xport_of_Scalp_Missiles_to_Egypt#.W0QJI9VKiM8

The Armed Patrollers are interesting, but the interest in the Eurocopters are definitely a surprise. Didn't see that one coming. This would certainly fit the bill for what they need, not just utility but SAR.

Eurocopter_AS-532UL_Cougar%2C_France_-_Army_%28cropped%29.jpg

We knew the French were going to honor the deal, especially knowing that Trump actually likes Sisi quite a bit so it probably wasn't much effort for Macron to convince him. The question is the heat Trump must be getting from the Israelis or even within congress, knowing the US can easily block anything with a wink of an eye and it never was about any US components, it was always about Israel. Now on to the Meteors.

I also found it very interesting the Egyptian navy's view on the Gowinds!? Who saw that coming?
Usrael won't have a say anymore about the Scalp EG.. for future deals, France is going to make these components itself..it will take it a max of one year to do just that..Meteor deal was signed, but the missile is still in testing..
The 2 new Gowinds were to be made in France.. meaning that the Egyptian navy got already all the ToT it could get as far as the corvette is concerned..so the Funds might be transferred to the new Figares bid,, since there is new ToT to be acquired..

jpg_scalp_rafale_lert.jpg

The Caracal Helicopter will be a good deal..

Airbus Helicopters H725 Caracal (Super Cougar)
AS532 SC
The AS 532SC is the naval version of the Cougar family and is powered by two Turbomeca Makila 1A1 turboshaft engines. This version is mainly used for Anti-surface unit warfare (ASUW), fitted with AM 39 Exocet missiles; Anti-submarine warfare (ASW), fitted with a variable-depth sonar and torpedoes; Search and rescue; and Sea patrols. For deck landing, securing at high sea states, maneuver and traverse this variant can be fitted with ASIST

Chilean_landing_at_sea.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom