What's new

Featured Egypt reportedly signed contract for 500 T-90MS main battle tanks

Also Americans always sell scaled down degraded products to its customers. Abrahams being prime example which were always sold to foreign customers with inferior Armour.
The Russians sell export versions. Also, they are called Abrams not Abrahams.

You know, Egypt should also try acquiring a license for HJ-12 to take on Israeli tanks which APS can't handle because of their elevation limitations.

Why does Israel need 3000 Tanks?

Not sure why he thinks we'll end up having 1000 tanks!?!?! We currently have over 3,500 tanks without even counting these 500 T-90MS which I don't think will be kept in Egypt anyway. I think this is more of a project to build and sell to African countries more so than equip the tank corps.

Not sure why he thinks we'll end up having 1000 tanks!?!?! We currently have over 3,500 tanks without even counting these 500 T-90MS which I don't think will be kept in Egypt anyway. I think this is more of a project to build and sell to African countries more so than equip the tank corps.
Do you think that money is well spent on these 500 extra tanks even though you already have over 3500 tanks in your inventory?

I have an idea, convert the M60s to heavy APCs which would be a great project for the Egyptian industry. Partner with a foreign firm to add an APS, and maybe an ATGM with an autocannon.

It should look something like this without the turret, and changing the interior to allow seating for troops. RWS would have a Kornet-EM, and a 30mm cannon ideally.

5fb0be39a3a36cb8ee731c5faa856d685bdc684dr1-736-368v2_00.jpg

M60_120S_04.jpg

3l920oagj6i01.jpg

Do you think that money is well spent on these 500 extra tanks even though you already have over 3500 tanks in your inventory?

Did you read the last part of my post? This is more of a "middle man ToT" to eventually build and sell to African countries. The Egyptian tank corps is too comprised with American tanks that the only ones they would offset for these T-90s would be the Replublican Guard T-62s and whatever T-80s they currently have which amount to about 400-500 or so. But for heavy fighting and all that in the desert and to protect Sinai, it's mostly done with the 1400 M1 Abrams and the 1700 A60-A3/A1.

Fun video of the welding of the Abrams chassis to mounting the turret to it coming out of the factory and then doing desert doughnuts! :lol:

M60 is getting phased out. So 1000 M1A1 + 500 T-90MS.

? Where did you get that crazy info from? No such thing. There have been 2300 A60s bought between 1982 - 2002 and 500 are in storage while the remaining 1700+ are active all over the place including the 1400 Abrams.

I have an idea, convert the M60s to heavy APCs which would be a great project for the Egyptian industry. Partner with a foreign firm to add an APS, and maybe an ATGM with an autocannon.

It should look something like this without the turret, and changing the interior to allow seating for troops. RWS would have a Kornet-EM, and a 30mm cannon ideally.

5fb0be39a3a36cb8ee731c5faa856d685bdc684dr1-736-368v2_00.jpg

M60_120S_04.jpg

3l920oagj6i01.jpg

Sounds awesome and all that, but you know the philosophy in Egypt now since Sisi has become boss, right? It's all new to replace the old or nothing.

Also Americans always sell scaled down degraded products to its customers. Abrahams being prime example which were always sold to foreign customers with inferior Armour.
Yes, but all top weapons sellers do this too- Russia does, China does too. not smart to hand over top technology or/and threatening military gear that threatens your sovereignty and peace more just because of some $$. not worth it.

Yes, but all top weapons sellers do this too- Russia does, China does too. not smart to hand over top technology or/and threatening military gear that threatens your sovereignty and peace more just because of some $$. not worth it.

Not exactly Pakistan has always managed to get top tier products from China even managed to customize them with additional goodies. Same goes for Russia which has sold its top tank T90MS to several customers with all original and sometimes more included. US has been exceptional in this regard as defense purchases from US always come with some sorts of usage restrictions. Also US feels threatened by products it provides to other bcz of its own Modus Operandi of using threats and intimidation.

Not exactly Pakistan has always managed to get top tier products from China even managed to customize them with additional goodies. Same goes for Russia which has sold its top tank T90MS to several customers with all original and sometimes more included. US has been exceptional in this regard as defense purchases from US always come with some sorts of usage restrictions. Also US feels threatened by products it provides to other bcz of its own Modus Operandi of using threats and intimidation.
Pakistan to China
India to Russia
Israel to US

all 3 nuclear powers above have their "favorites" but i kinda see what u mean.

Did you watch that short video I posted of the Egyptian Abrams? Notice in the end the doughnuts they're doing and firing the gun and all that sand and desert dust kicking up? Well, they eventually had a problem with the air filters on the engines of these things and a couple of young, Egyptian engineers developed a new filter with a certain fabric that would barely get clogged and would last a lot longer than the ones that came with the kits. Once the US found out, they flipped out inside out and upside down and were very angry that they weren't notified of the change we had made to just the air filter! lol. Probably should've notified them but I think they didn't think it was a big deal since it was just an air filter.

Now they've ended up using that in a lot of the systems that require filtration and especially helicopters since they kick up a ton of dust and sand with those rotor blades. The Mi-17 was given a special air filtration system just for that. The Apaches now are undergoing a HUUUUGGEEAH -- and very expensive -- overhauling and refurbishing (including their engines) simply because the army uses them A LOT and the engines take a beating in that heat and sand and dusty environment. They just signed the Apache refurbishing deal with the US about a month and half ago.

The Russians sell export versions. Also, they are called Abrams not Abrahams.
It's called the Abrahams tank it goes in line with how tanks are named after figures from the old testament (like how the israelis have the merkava (merkabah) chariot tank)

Back
Top Bottom