What's new

EGYPT: NATION PRODUCES UAV IN COOPERATION WITH CHINA

Also, is it possible that we maybe revive the HA-300 Egyptian aircraft and E-300 Egyptian engine programs that were in progress during the 1960's? It was a great program, and its success could have changed everything dramatically.
As a little clue about the HA-300, it was an Egyptian aircraft, equipped with the proposed Egyptian E-300 engine. It was designed in the 1960's. It was designed by Willy Messerschmitt and manufactured by Egyptian General Aero Organisation. It was financed firstly by Spain and India, by then Spain ditched the program and it was transferred to Egypt where everything was built.
At a late stage India helped in financing the E-300 engine program to use it in their jet HF-24 Marut. Three prototypes have been built for this aicraft, but I don't know about two of them. The fate of the first one is explained below.
The first flight occured on 7 March 1964 and it was retired in May 1969. The program cost was 135 Million EGP ( Egyptian pounds ), which is 14 billion EGP in 2009 values
It was cancelled because of the loss of 1967 war, when Egypt needed its money to buy weaponry. Also, there are several estimation that the Soviets feared that such aircraft can beat the Soviet MiG 21, and the possibility that there were American pressures as well.
The first HA-300 prototype was bought by Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG (DASA) in 1991 and was airlifted to Germany for restoration at Manching.
I know such an aircraft will be no match for any aircraft of current days, but it'll be great to just have an aircraft which we can manufacture ourselves. Also, possibly with a few tweaks and edits, it can be a good aircraft to use. The experience which we will gain from such program will be definitely amazing, and can be used to possibly develop aircrafts later on in the road.

It's a possibility, because if J-10A is 42 million USD, you can imagine how crazily the J-10B would be expensive and unsuitable for exporting to a lot of countries due to its high price.
For now we can only speculate the unit price but i'm certain that J-10B would cost more than the J-10A.

Hmm, I didn't know that Chinese parts from certain aircrafts can go on Russian aircrafts. That makes spare parts more available during the war in case of shortages.

Of course not all Chinese and Russian aircraft parts are interchangeable. I gave the example of the Su-30 and J-11 because J-11 is basically a Chinese copy of Russian Su-27 (from which the Su-30 is derived). Someone on this thread mentioned that Egypt should go for Russian Su-30's and thus i gave an example that if Russia places an arms embargo on Egypt under pressure from West just as they halted the S-300 deal with Iran under Western pressure, the Chinese could provide Egypt much needed spare parts under the table for the Su-30 short of the canards.

Su-27:

su-27-34p04.jpg

J-11:

J-11B4.jpg

Su-30:

su-30mk.jpg

So you mean that the tank was made putting into consideration that the weather will be pretty cold at night? If so I see no reason why it shouldn't be a candidate for the Egyptian army.
Yes, the Tank had been built with the requirement of making it suitable for the desert, night and day, heat and cold.

But as mentioned before, it'd still be the best to go for indigenous tanks, it'll at least give us the experience to develop better tanks even if the first tank isn't a good enough tank.
It only cost Pakistan no more than $30 million for the Al-Khalid program.

Oh one question, does Pakistan army manafacture Al Khalid tanks and JF-17 aircrafts 100% in Pakistan? Like are all internal parts Pakistani made? Or you import some?

For the Al-Khalid Pakistan produces the Gun and the whole Tank barring the Ukrainian Engine and French Thermal vision, other than that Pakistan produces all of the systems and major parts/components for the Tank indigenously. We manufacture our own Integrated Battle Management System, our own 125mm Gun, our own ERA armor and Composite Armor both of which defeated all types of 120mm and 125mm Tank rounds (In fact Pakistan transferred composite armor tech to Turkey for use on Altay), our own Anti Aircraft/personnel Tank mounted Machine guns, our own Tank launched ATGM's as well as DU rounds and other Tank munitions.

BTW for more info on the Al-Khalid and its development/upgrades and latest variants check this thread, it has all of the info:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...nk-type-90-iim-mbt-2000-information-pool.html

For information related to JF-17 visit:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool.html

Cool thanks for the info. Btw, you posted the same link twice, for Al Khalid and JF-17

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it.
No problem. By the way, I suppose you're a person with enough military knowledge, would you be with or against reviving the Egyptian HA-300 and E-300 projects? That's a question to everyone who would like to share his opinion :D
I explained both in #46. If revival of such project is possible, shall we go for it when our economy makes it possible?

Also, is it possible that we maybe revive the HA-300 Egyptian aircraft and E-300 Egyptian engine programs that were in progress during the 1960's? It was a great program, and its success could have changed everything dramatically.
As a little clue about the HA-300, it was an Egyptian aircraft, equipped with the proposed Egyptian E-300 engine. It was designed in the 1960's. It was designed by Willy Messerschmitt and manufactured by Egyptian General Aero Organisation. It was financed firstly by Spain and India, by then Spain ditched the program and it was transferred to Egypt where everything was built.
At a late stage India helped in financing the E-300 engine program to use it in their jet HF-24 Marut. Three prototypes have been built for this aicraft, but I don't know about two of them. The fate of the first one is explained below.
The first flight occured on 7 March 1964 and it was retired in May 1969. The program cost was 135 Million EGP ( Egyptian pounds ), which is 14 billion EGP in 2009 values
It was cancelled because of the loss of 1967 war, when Egypt needed its money to buy weaponry. Also, there are several estimation that the Soviets feared that such aircraft can beat the Soviet MiG 21, and the possibility that there were American pressures as well.
The first HA-300 prototype was bought by Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG (DASA) in 1991 and was airlifted to Germany for restoration at Manching.
I know such an aircraft will be no match for any aircraft of current days, but it'll be great to just have an aircraft which we can manufacture ourselves. Also, possibly with a few tweaks and edits, it can be a good aircraft to use. The experience which we will gain from such program will be definitely amazing, and can be used to possibly develop aircrafts later on in the road.

Yeah i read about it once on the Egyptian Armed Forces thread by Aamir Pharaoh, it was designed by one of the best Aircraft designers in history, Willy Messerschmitt (my favorite design is BF-109 series). Reviving the HA-300 project IMHO is not cost friendly and will consume a lot of money and time, not to mention the overall design of the frame and airplane is outdated so pouring money into reviving a five decade old project is simply not feasible, back in the 60's you had india and Spain taking part in the project which made it possible to pursue the R&D, but i'm not sure if any other country would be willing to assist Egypt in reviving the HA-300 project. For example, you would need to increase the wing area and add more pylons as well as increase the size of the nose to house a much larger radar capable of BVR, plus a very powerful engine to power the jet, this will cost billions for the R&D my friend, don't believe me? Take the indian Tejas project as an example, its been more than 3 decades now and the project has cost the indian billion of $$$$ despite receiving assistance from France, UK, Russia, israel, and America, they still can't produce their fighter.

The best thing for Egypt to do is to build upon the current technologies available and participate in joint ventures with either China or Russia since Egyptian economy alone would not be able to sustain the R&D+ manufacturing of the aircraft. JF-17 is a very cost effective solution, Egypt will get co-production rights if EAF finalizes the deal which is very likely.

Hmm, you're correct. The JF-17 co-production shall be the best bang for the buck if we can reach an agreement with Pakistan to co-produce it on Egyptian land. This way, we can be much less reliant on the West.

We can work together with egypt in the Altay tank and also if we do like joint production aswell . Tests are being done now and we will produce 1,000 overall .

Altay under tests and prototypes

turkiyenin-ilk-tank-test-merkezi--10834-2g.jpg

2ai2642.jpg

is egypt cooperating for tactical UAV's or MALE UAV?

USA , ISRAEL AND TURKEY IS TOP ON MALE UAV at the moment and i think we will be exporting ANKA UAV soon so we can cooperate on uav aswell.

Ankamale.PNG

as i promissed to agentny 17 before,Egypt has a very great future.
congratz to you.

@Egyptian friends
can you open a thread about morsi's travel to China.its intersting to know what is going on there.

Back
Top Bottom