What's new

Egypt foiled ‘Iranian’ plot to kill Saudi ambassador in Cairo: embassy advi

IbnAlwaled

BANNED
Reaction score
Egypt foiled ‘Iranian’ plot to kill Saudi ambassador in Cairo: embassy advisor
640x392_34127_211492.jpg

Egyptian security services arrested three Iranians for allegedly plotting to kidnap and murder Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to Cairo, Ahmed Abdel Aziz al-Qattan, three months ago, a legal advisor at the Saudi embassy told Al Arabiya on Tuesday.

Advisor Sami Gamal Eddine said in a telephone interview that Egyptian officials informed Saudi authorities at the time but the Kingdom preferred to stay silent about the incident.

Gamal Eddine said the plot was foiled three months ago and Egypt’s ruling military council offered to tighten security for the Saudi ambassador but that the latter refused any increased protection.

He said a recent decision by Saudi Arabia to recall its ambassador to Cairo was based on “serious security concerns” against the embassy staff.

Gamal Eddine added that Saudi Arabia was concerned that protests in front of its embassy in Cairo last week could be exploited by a “third party” to attack the kingdom’s diplomatic mission and its employees.

A small group of Egyptians had protested against the detention of an Egyptian lawyer and rights activist on arrival at Jeddah airport on April 17.

Saudi Arabia said the man, Ahmed Mohammed al-Gazawi, was detained after he was found with more than 20,000 Xanax pills hidden in his luggage.

However, many Egyptians dismissed the claims, saying Gizawi was arrested for criticism of the Saudi government and awarded a sentence of one-year in prison and 20 lashes delivered against him in absentia.

In an interview with MB 1’s “Thamina” (Eight) program, Ambassador Qattan pointed to a “third party” behind the protests in Cairo.

“It is a minority [of about] 400 individuals who was possibly pushed and manipulated by a third party,” said Qattan.

“If any embassy or consulate staff member was attacked, there would have been problems. The recalling of the ambassador was to protect the relations,” he said, adding that only a “tiny minority” of the Egyptian people wants to damage the ties between the two countries.
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/05/01/211492.html
////////////////////////////////

That's what the weak helpless Iranians are only good for, kidnapping civilians and diplomats. However, unsurprisingly they failed to do it.
Just like they failed to kill Israeli diplomats around the world but instead the bombs exploded on the agents them selves.

well the source is العبریه .
what you expect from a news agency that when Israel attacked Lebanon began a live report of Hezbollah movement and acted as Israeli secret service .

Yes... sure :lol:
You think if Iran ever decided to do so, these subhuman bedouins will just go and ''foil'' it ? how many times have they arrested those imaginery operatives ? :lol:
what do you mean ?

You think if Iran ever decided to do so, these subhuman bedouins will just go and ''foil'' it ? how many times have they arrested those imaginery operatives ? :lol:
Your comments are becoming disgusting my friend.
what do you mean ?
Nothing. He's just a bit angry at some Saudi members on the forum I guess.

Glad that Egyptian officials have said it's false (according to Mahmoud_EGY)

Yeah, just like the time we wanted to assasinate the saudi ambassador to the US.

That one proved to be a lame *** hollywood story, this one is down right made up by a news paper!! I guess they thought if we tell a lie twice, it might stick!

Sorry al arabiya, or whatever the hell the paper is called, your shi-t isn't quite juicy enough to stick.

Edit: what's up with blackfinch thanking every thing that is remotely anti-Iran?
These wahabis have one care in the world: Iran. I'll take that as a complement.

When you call Arabs sub-humans you forget our prophet and all 12 Imams were/are Arabs!

We all are children of Adam, incl. non Muslims! By this link all humans are brothers.

I barely remember one verse of Quran; some thing; I (Allah) have made you in different tribes and faces so that you may know each other or learn from each other.

Your statement is conflicting the essence of Islam.

Whats with Iranian obsession with terrorist activities of attacking and killing diplomats in forgien countries. Nobody taught them ethics?

When you call Arabs sub-humans you forget our prophet and all 12 Imams were/are Arabs!

We all are children of Adam, incl. non Muslims! By this link all humans are brothers.

I barely remember one verse of Quran; some thing; I (Allah) have made you in different tribes and faces so that you may know each other or learn from each other.

oh i see your advices just for Iranians.

Very surprising that I agree with you on something, he was just a bit mad, he didn't mean it I think.

Well said batman

somebozo going through his anti-Iran phase now

yesterday he was talking **** against arabs and saying they like to sell their children in markets, now he's talking **** against Iran.

He's clearly trolling and the mods aren't catching it.

Whats with Iranian obsession with terrorist activities of attacking and killing diplomats in forgien countries. Nobody taught them ethics?

Who said Iran is doing it? West, Israel and Arabs, with zero evidence to back it up? ;) Its just disinformation campaign to demonize Iran, preparing people for another war, this time against Iran, with fake pretexts as usual.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom