What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

We are still trying to develop peaceful weapons that would help us in our wars and fights against terrorists and criminals!! The next time they shot at security personnels, we will make sure we give them the right cheek!!
Sorry bro, i'm going to have to disagree with you Egyptians should not support killing. i just found something. Look at Twitter, it's flooded with post on the scene. Reporters are unable to report what is going on because the army had put in restrictions, claimed what is happening now is much worse than before because the use of gas and lethal weapons and women and children were been killed. Here is what I found
1172388_537195826346808_553851064_o.jpg

1185145_10151835022267938_1279841701_n.jpg

1186176_433405573444691_14112805_n.jpg

1098413_433347340117181_2008295169_n.jpg

Check this Ayman guy which I found he is an Egyptian someone said on Twitter to go on his facebook https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...41828.593277937&type=1&__user=100005871542271

Exactly,,,,

The Muslim brotherhood have done nothing.

You want to see bombing campaigns then look at Iraq, look at pakistan or Afghanistan.

When these liberal scums accuse the Muslim brotherhood of being terrorists they look stupid beyond beleif

The muslim brotherhood should be supported and commended for having protests and sit ins all the liberal idiots are doing is forcing them towards violence, killing hundreds of innocent people and then their familes and friends will want to take revenge

Sky News Newsdesk ✔ @SkyNewsBreak

Sky Correspondent: Egypt violence is not a crowd clearing operation, it is a major military assault largely on unarmed civilians
9:24 AM - 14 Aug 2013

9.50am BST

Patrick Kingsley reports sustained gunfire

Our Egypt correspondent Patrick Kingsley is at the scene and has sent this dispatch:

Access to the two besieged sit-ins is hard to come by. The army has blocked off routes to west Cairo's Nahda, which has apparently been cleared.

Journalists trying to access Rabaa al-Adawiya in east Cairo have come under fire or been detained.

I was just in Mostafa Mahmoud Sq, a new site in north-west Cairo, where a few hundred pro-Morsi protesters are trying to set up a third camp - as they threatened to do if their other camps were attacked.

When I arrived, protesters had burnt out a riot police truck and were building walls from ripped-up paving stones and fencing.

After two or three minutes security forces arrived and started firing teargas. Sustained gunfire was heard.

Elsewhere in Cairo, pro-Morsi supporters are matching to Rabaa from various points in the city - while there are numerous reports of violence spreading to various locations across the country, including the northern port of Alexandria

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/14/egypt-clear-cairo-sitins-live

Sky News Newsdesk ✔ @SkyNewsBreak

Sky Correspondent: Egypt violence is not a crowd clearing operation, it is a major military assault largely on unarmed civilians
9:24 AM - 14 Aug 2013

9.50am BST

Patrick Kingsley reports sustained gunfire

Our Egypt correspondent Patrick Kingsley is at the scene and has sent this dispatch:

Access to the two besieged sit-ins is hard to come by. The army has blocked off routes to west Cairo's Nahda, which has apparently been cleared

Journalists trying to access Rabaa al-Adawiya in east Cairo have come under fire or been detained.

I was just in Mostafa Mahmoud Sq, a new site in north-west Cairo, where a few hundred pro-Morsi protesters are trying to set up a third camp - as they threatened to do if their other camps were attacked.

When I arrived, protesters had burnt out a riot police truck and were building walls from ripped-up paving stones and fencing.

After two or three minutes security forces arrived and started firing teargas. Sustained gunfire was heard.

Elsewhere in Cairo, pro-Morsi supporters are matching to Rabaa from various points in the city - while there are numerous reports of violence spreading to various locations across the country, including the northern port of Alexandria

Egyptian security forces clear Morsi protests - live | World news | theguardian.com
Polices is fuken sick

Well done Egypt,

Your actions are forcing people to be more violent because they have no other option when even peacefull demostrations and sit ins are attacked

10.51am BST

Reports that journalists are being shot at at Rabaa protest

This stream of tweets is from Egyptian-American activist Mohamed Soltan who has been at the Rabaa encampment for a number of hours.

He reports that journalists on stage and those in the crowd have been shot at and his feed includes some further graphic photos from the scene which we have not included here.

We are trying to contact him in order to verify his reports.

10.13am BST

Some horrifyingly detailed tweets from the Sky News correspondent Tom Rayner who is in Rabaa

Tom Rayner @RaynerSkyNews

Inside Rabaa now - scenes of utter chaos and huge numbers of dead. Field hospitals full of bodies and extreme injuries
9:58 AM - 14 Aug 2013

Inside mosque itself thousands of women & children are cowering. I saw at least two dead babies, not from gunshots but heat & lack of water
10:00 AM - 14 Aug 2013

Live fire from snipers means people are having to run crouched low across a street to get to one of the hospital entrances
10:01 AM - 14 Aug 2013

Sophia Jones @Sophia_MJones

Police in Mohandiseen open fired from armored vans on unarmed bystanders & protesters. Hundreds ran in panic, tripping, screaming. (1/2)
9:29 AM - 14 Aug 2013

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom