What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

@MooshMoosh
you're so right. Turkey is modernized they use the same methods than European countries .

but maybe there is one difference: some Islamists are very violent (i don't mean all) but not the people who were doing protest in Turkey.
Is that sadly the bad experiment and bad "leadership" of army made some terrible mistakes and killing some innocent people?
one reason would be this but another one would be these violent Islamists too

Anyway even if it is a pain MooshMoosh what do you think?
is there a confrontation or a civil war needed ? or do everything to change for good your country and change it in the right way so power of army will be less or army itself will change for more "modern"?

asking for violence was a very bad solution. Turks didn't ask for violence , that makes a difference .

The problem is that the country is divided, people are still staying outside so no one knows what will happen next and what choice do the army have? Wait and see what will happen.

Egypt official warns Brotherhood again - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Last edited by a moderator:
It only takes one more revolution / coup for the entire western world to forget what egypt was , why do you think every one started to forget turkey in the 60s and 70s :D

for the first time since its construction , Salat tarawih is banned in the recently besieged Ka'd Ibrahim masjid, the biggest masjid in Alexandria
this is the Masjid in 2012 :
banning salat is the pick of kuffr, there is no kuffr beyond that !!!

562998_681487008527960_1749267724_n.jpg

the army is bombing police departement in Sinai with AGM-114F Hellfire (air-to-surface missile) and blames in on "terrorists"

this is an article by Mahmoud al Ka'oud , writes :
what Sisi is doing is the same thing that the Pharaoh has done ..
Allah swt says :"And the eminent among the people of Pharaoh said," Will you leave Moses and his people to cause corruption in the land and abandon you and your gods?" [Pharaoh] said, "We will kill their sons and keep their women alive; and indeed, we are subjugators over them.""
the people of Sisi have been attacking Morsi n his MB like mad dogs , they claim the MB r corrupt .. terrorists .. , they seeked the army's intervention to overthrow him n demolish the Jama'a along with da'wa salafia and all islamists ...

Sisi then asked authorization to fight what he called "terrorism" , he said : "I want an ORDER from u (his people) to fight terrorism " . Notice that the Pharaoh also used the word "order"
Allah says :" [Pharaoh] said to the eminent ones around him, "Indeed, this is a learned magician. He wants to drive you out of your land by his magic, so what do you order ?" "

Sisi wants his people to protest in the streets in his support , he uses the media to call upon them , same for the Pharaoh ...
Allah swt says : " They said, "Postpone [the matter of] him and his brother and send among the cities gatherers"
and : " And it was said to the people, "Will you congregate " "
and : " Then Pharaoh sent among the cities gatherers ,[And said], "Indeed, those are but a small band, And indeed, they are enraging us, And indeed, we are a cautious society... " "

Now it's time for the killing of Moses and his gang , Sisi the Pharaoh says let me kill the " terrorists " , Allah swt says : "And Pharaoh said, "Let me kill Moses and let him call upon his Lord. Indeed, I fear that he will change your religion or that he will cause corruption in the land." "

Acually what makes Sisi a Pharaoh , is the support of his people the enemies of islam , he is not alone n is NOT gonna backdown, cause he is chosen to play this role, until the muslims show they deserve Allah's victory ,only then Sisi shall fall just like Khufu fell before him .. one thing is sure Sisi is not gonna die in his bed surrounded by his beloved ones .

no comment...
63026_439287026169946_1434002776_n.jpg
These pics summ up everythings..no need to extend more mention..

Continued

Description: Morsi says that the blocking of roads is a crime which should be dealt with without compromise. Same thing pro supporters are doing now.

Look junta lover, an legitimate government like the MB government that democratically elected by people has legal rights to make laws or put things into order in all the world.

But your Pissi's illegal government is just like the child who born out of wedlock and abondoned in courtyard of the mousq has no any illigtimate right even to rule a village of Egypt.

i hope you have realized the differences between two govs.

If there was a fair working judiciary system in Egypt Gen. Pissi and his traitor fellows must be judged at once from sellout of country...But no doubt some day that moment will take place in Egypt too just like in Turkey....military minded People like You must realize very well that dictators and military coups era had already over and people never submit to their atrocity more in the ME..No chance for Pissi to be 2 nd Mubarak.Dont cheer in vain.

The Egyptian army really need to be very cautious. I don't support any side since I am not an Egyptian and your internal matters is not really my business but it paints me to see innocent dead Muslims and people in general. There must be another solution other than violence.

Bro, to be honest there is no any differences between Shabihaa thugs of Assad and Baltaji thugs of Sisi. No difference between Assad and Sisi, No difference between meddling in Syria by Iran and meddling in Egypt by KSA..
The truth hurts..isn't??
clqa.png

These pics summ up everythings..no need to extend more mention..

Look junta lover, an legitimate government like the MB government that democratically elected by people has legal rights to make laws or put things into order in all the world.

But your Pissi's illegal government is just like the child who born out of wedlock and abondoned in courtyard of the mousq has no any illigtimate right even to rule a village of Egypt.

If there was a fair working judiciary system in Egypt Gen. Pissi and his traitor fellows must be judged at once from sellout of country...But no doubt some day that moment will take place in Egypt too just like in Turkey....military minded People like You must realize very well that dictators and military coups era had already over and people never submit to their atrocity more in the ME..No chance for Pissi to be 2 nd Mubarak.Dont cheer in vain.

Bro, to be honest there is no any differences between Shabihaa thugs of Assad and Baltaji thugs of Sisi. No difference between Assad and Sisi, No difference between meddling in Syria by Iran and meddling in Egypt by KSA..
The truth hurts..isn't??
clqa.png

KSA has nothing to do with it. Do you really think that KSA "removed" the Mursi government?

No, their is a HUGE difference. From what I am aware of then the Egyptian military has yet to kill 100.000 Syrian Muslims and they are yet to destroy even a single village while the Child-Murderer in Syria has destroyed HUNDREDS of villages and even a dozens of cities. When the Egyptian army even comes near to that destruction then I will be against them. Until then I will condemn any killings of innocents be it committed by any side and since it is an internal Egyptian matter for now, unlike Syria which has turned into a regional sectarian war, then I will try to be as neutral as possible.

All we care about as fellow Muslims, Arabs and neighbors is a stable and prosperous Egypt. What a system the EGYPTIANS choose is their business alone since they are the only ones that can decide their own future and form of government.

the army is bombing police departement in Sinai with AGM-114F Hellfire (air-to-surface missile) and blames in on "terrorists"

The army is claiming they're US 'made' ballistic shells. And they claim one soldier has been killed in areas around Rafah and Al-Arish. With a few 'militant' attacks on several military checkpoints.

Since mursi is so much loved and legitimate, how about another election?
I was one of the 51% votes of mursi. My whole family voted for him.

Actually, Morsi's government was unelected. No one questioned their right to legislate or reform but what was questioned is their level of competence (which was a little above incompetent).

Morsis constitutional decree which gave him absolute power to make legislative and judicial decisions with immunity from prosecution from any state institution was also illegal and unconstitutional.

Are you aware that the military proposed a referendum to Morsi on several occasions prior to June the 30th but Morsi refused. If he had accepted and won like he should of if the majority of Egyptians were behind him as he and his brotherhood said then he would of stayed in power and if the result was against him then there would have been presidential elections in which he would of been allowed to run. So why are the MB now offering a referendum but only if Morsi is returned as a ceremonial president isn't it a bit too late?

By the way your metaphors and your insistence on changing names for the purpose of slander or to mock them makes you sound like a five year old. I would advise you to stop doing that, I'm against Morsi and I haven't messed with his name or insulted the former president.

One was surprised by the renaissance dam and had no clue at all while the other solved chronic fuel and power problems in a few days?

Since you have no true understanding of what politics is like and how state institutions work or know the intricacies of Egyptian politics then I would advise you to stop interfering in the nations business until you have an informed and constructive view.

He is referring it to the MB supporters, not the Sinai operation and that was the army's fault since MB had no control of the army so why it took a year for Sinai to be lawless?

He didn't mention Rab3a nor peaceful protesters. In fact he assured people had the right to peacefully protest and it is your interpretation of his words that makes you believe this and not whats happening on the ground. There was a march today towards military intelligence HQ by the folks from Rab3a why weren't they shot and killed if they're terrorists?

Plus do you know the videos you have posted are all labelled police brutality....

The army is claiming they're US 'made' ballistic shells. And they claim one soldier has been killed in areas around Rafah and Al-Arish. With a few 'militant' attacks on several military checkpoints.

Again the only source from the military is its spokesman and not a FB page which claims to be official and there has been no such statement.

You would think the military would know what a Hellfire missile is wouldn't you...

KSA has nothing to do with it. Do you really think that KSA "removed" the Mursi government?

No, their is a HUGE difference. From what I am aware of then the Egyptian military has yet to kill 100.000 Syrian Muslims and they are yet to destroy even a single village while the Child-Murderer in Syria has destroyed HUNDREDS of villages and even a dozens of cities. When the Egyptian army even comes near to that destruction then I will be against them. Until then I will condemn any killings of innocents be it committed by any side and since it is an internal Egyptian matter for now, unlike Syria which has turned into a regional sectarian war, then I will try to be as neutral as possible.

All we care about as fellow Muslims, Arabs and neighbors is a stable and prosperous Egypt. What a system the EGYPTIANS choose is their business alone since they are the only ones that can decide their own future and form of government.

Al Hasani, bro there r some other internal and external factors behind that puppet Pissi coup...This is not only matter of islam and secularism...Even islam is 3.th factor not first one. Salafis in Egypt much more hardline tham MBs. in respect of religon.. But Salafis arent so contrats to army and elite sphere that support army..WHY??

1-Some Arab countries but now i dont remeber theiir names!! strictly against leadership of Egypt in Arab worlds. So Egypt shouldnt be so powerfull that need not beg money from reach arabs. The hands give money give orders as well.
And more, Some Arab monarchies didnt want democracy work in Egypt in order not to be a succesful model for the people live under monarchies..

2- Egypt army control and holding 40% economy and 70% of real estate in Egyypt according to independent statics..They are look like a gaint bussines company rather than an national army..Army companies have priority and tax exemptions. The other groups that control together economy with army is reach elite group and high ranked officers, bureuacrats and etc..They reject free market economy model and try to keep their monopoly in economy so that they could loot country more easily. All these groups compromise only 15% of whole Egyptions..

3-Islamic factor: This is the least important reason. Egypt army isnot a secular army in reality. even Egypt army is a fundamentalist islamic army as per to criterions of Turkish army secularism. MB's islamic understanding more dangerous for West and Israel rather than for Egypt army..Because MB islamic understanding contains nationalism of whole counrty,relatively more moderate islamic ideas and have plans of strengthing of Egypt like AKP did in Turkey.. This is most critical stuff that West hates. Because they dont want other else new partners like Japan, China, S.Korea to share the same economic cake with them.

The problem is that the country is divided, people are still staying outside so no one knows what will happen next and what choice do the army have? Wait and see what will happen.

Egypt official warns Brotherhood again - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

If there is a civil war between MB and Army, does MB supporters have any possibility of winning? Who is going to back MB financially and with arms and ammunition?

What is the level of support for MB within the Army? Is it possible that they will stage a counter coup and remove Sissi and his supporters, instead of risking a wider civil war with large casualty?

Sissi and his people have killed close to 200 people already in about 3 weeks. This shows that they are willing to kill. And Mubarak was removed after killing less than 1000 people. At this rate Sissi govt. will reach 1000 dead in about 12 weeks. "Secular" Muslims and Islamists were united to remove Mubarak and Army removed him as he became a liability. Now in this revolution/coup "Secular" Muslims, Copts and some clueless poor folk driven by propaganda demonstrated and gave excuse to Sissi to remove Morsi, it seems. So at this point it is only the Islamist MB or Freedom & Justice party against the Army, with the "secular" Muslims and Copts cheering on the Army to suppress MB.

Like @Jamaal Yelmaaz bro said above, Army has been the privileged unit controlling a good chunk of economy, not just in Egypt, but in many under-developed countries and this same Army was used by the West as neo colonial proxies to maintain secular govt. whether they are dictatorship's or so called "democracies". Necmettin Erbakan was over thrown by Turkish Army, Algerian Islamists who won democratic elections were also over thrown by Algerian Army. In Turkey the AKP finally came to power and they have infiltrated the Army and created a business network more powerful than the Secular Army and deep state, so it will not be easy to dislodge them, I think here the West have lost.

What the so called "seculars" do not realize is that the West is using them as pawns to prevent genuine democracies to take root in Muslim countries, because these democracies inevitably become Islamic and Islamist by popular demand. It also creates greater unity among Muslim countries which becomes a security threat for some existing and aspiring global and regional powers, who are dead set against Muslims getting empowered and have any semblance of unity, which is for the practical benefit of these countries and populations. Note I am not talking of a Khilafah or Ummah, just basic unity of helping each other in need, under an enhanced OIC perhaps.

The GCC Monarch's play a crucial role in all this. I am hoping that both MB and GCC monarchs find some way to come together on the future course of Egypt. If and when the number of dead go above a few thousand, the alarm bells will start ringing, public opinion will shift and sympathies will be with MB. The GCC Monarch's are not in a position to alienate and antagonize a major political force that has deep roots in the Arab world. I hope they do not get fooled by the West, because like the West and all other foreign powers, all have deep reservations about empowerment and flourishing of Islamic societies. West and all the rest are in it to destroy us, like they are doing in Syria, ever so carefully, so one side cannot get the upper hand and the carnage continues. The risk for GCC monarch's is that if and when MB finally wins in Egypt and the West loose, then how will the West protect the Monarch's from MB wrath? I think the Monarch's need to think their future strategy very carefully. I think it will not be possible to destroy MB, they will come back eventually more powerful than ever.

Just my personal opinion from a distance. I am curious about your own opinion bro.

Since when has mocking the regulations that accompany wearing a military uniform become a valid criticism.......

What you should really be looking at if you're critiquing his attire is the two badges on his left arm. The round one is the badge for the infantry, the curved one above it is the one awarded to elite forces, so he can probably mess you up even though hes over sixty.

gypt’s Muslim Brotherhood First Casualty Of US Verdict: Saudi Arabia Not Qatar, To Lead Arab World – OpEd

By Zayd Alisa

July 26, 2013

The Egyptian army issued a stern ultimatum, on July 1, 2013, which was ostensibly a stark warning to both, Morsi, the elected president of Egypt – who represents the Muslim Brotherhood MB – and on the other side the Tamarod Movement and the National Salvation Front – which is a loose coalition of secular parties. However, in reality, it was nothing short of a thinly veiled threat to, Morsi, stressing that unless he conceded a significant portion of his powers within 48 hours, the army would oust him. It was abundantly clear that the army has already taken the monumental decision to depose Morsi.

Given that the U.S. provides the Egyptian army with $ 1.5 billion annually in military aid, so it is highly inconceivable for the army to embark on such a highly risky strategy without the full blessing of its paymaster. Therefore, Morsi, tried to make it starkly embarrassing to the U.S. by explicitly emphasising in his speeches on, Jul. 2, – and, Jul. 3, – that he was the first democratically elected civilian president of Egypt.

While, it is incontestable that Qatar – headed by its previous Emir, Hamed bin Khalifa Al Thani and his Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Hamed Bin Jassim – was at the forefront of unequivocally backing the popular uprisings that swept Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Syria, however, when these uprisings were on the verge of successfully toppling dictatorship, the Qataris always scrambled to restrict their support to propping up the MB.

The Saudi regime, by contrast was deeply rattled by the popular uprisings that swept through the region. The Saudi regime offered Ben Ali, Tunisia’s dictator, refuge and the Saudi king gave his emphatic support to Mubarek, Egypt’s tyrant, threatening the U.S. that he would bankroll him. The Saudis also implemented their own initiative, replacing, Saleh, Yemen’s dictator, with another staunch ally. For the Saudis, the Bahraini uprising was indisputably the nightmare scenario. Since, Bahrain – a dictatorship, which is only a stone-throw away – is governed by, Al Khalifa family, from the Sunni minority. While, just like, Saudi Arabia’s oil-rich Eastern province the vast majority of its population are Shia. Therefore, fearing the pervasion of the uprising to Saudi Arabia, the king offered billions of dollars in benefits, strictly prohibited protests, rewarded the Salafi Wahhabi religious establishment and, most ominously, gave the green light to the Saudi army to invade and occupy Bahrain. What is irrefutable is the pivotal role played by the radical and regressive Salafi Wahhabi religious establishment in giving religious legitimacy to the Saudi regime, which in turn provides it with the vital funding to propagate and export its violent ideology. According to the Wahhabi ideology it is strictly forbidden to oppose the ruler. Thus, in the Saudi regime’s eyes the MB’s explicit endorsement of political Islam – which underlines explicitly that legitimacy to rule stems only from democratic elections – is undoubtedly an existential threat, casting serious doubts on the very legitimacy of the Saudi King’s absolute power. To make matters even worse, Qatar has enthusiastically embraced and even offered citizenship to the influential and highly controversial spiritual leader of the MB, Yusuf Al Qaradawi.

As the protest in Syria, became increasingly militarised, the Qataris ramped up their full-blown support to the MB. For the Saudis, the Syrian regime has consistently been, since the days of the late, Hafiz Al Assad, Bashar’s father, a major thorn in its side and an irreplaceable strategic ally to Iran. Consequently, its overthrow would irreparably damage Iranian influence. The Saudi regime moved swiftly to shore up the armed insurgents, fast crumbling front, by utilising its intelligence service’s – whose instrumental role in establishing and funding Jabhat Al Nusra JN was highlighted in an online intelligence review released in Paris in, Jan. 2013 – huge influence and leverage – on, not only Sunni tribal leaders in Western Iraq, but also Saudi members of Al Qaida in Iraq AQI, who according to an NBC report in, Jun. 2005, formed a majority (55 %) of the suicide bombers and foreign fighters converging on Iraq – to convince AQI that its principal battlefield must be Syria and its ultimate goal should be deposing Bashar Al Assad Alawite regime, since its overthrow would break the back-bone of the Iraqi Shia-led government and inevitably loosen Iran’s grip on Iraq. Creating a new branch of Al Qaida in Syria under the new label of JN, which was not yet designated a terrorist organisation, was, not only an unmissable lifeline to AQI – which was on the back foot, in 2011 – enabling it to circumvent the strict sanctions, but also it provided Saudi Arabia and Qatar with a window of opportunity to bolster AQI and JN – under the perfect pretext of supporting democracy in Syria – to destabilise both countries without being accused of shoring up terrorism. So AQI scrambled to send Abu Mohammed Al Jolani, in, Jul. 2011, to form JN, while, Aymen Al Zawahri, the overall leader of Al Qaida instructed all of his fighters in, Feb, 2012, to converge on Syria. The New York Times reported, on, Oct. 14. 2012, that most of the weapons shipped by Saudi Arabia and Qatar are going to hard-line jihadist in Syria. Thus, explaining how JN swiftly turned into the best armed group in Syria. It also reported on, Feb. 29, 2013, that Saudi Arabia has dramatically stepped up support for the rebels by financing a large purchase of weapons from Croatia. However, its article on, Apr. 27, 2013, was – even though indirectly – far more scathing about, Saudi and Qatari, arming and funding of extremist jihadist by asserting ominously, that nowhere in rebel-controlled Syria is there a secular fighting force. The Guardian, meanwhile, reported on, Jun. 22, 2012, that Saudi Arabia is in the process of paying salaries to Syrian rebels to entice them to defect from the Syrian army. But, in a rare admission, by a well informed source – in an article, on, Apr. 13, 2013, in Al Arabia news channel, a mouthpiece of the Saudi regime – confirming the purchase and shipment of Croatian weapons to Syrian rebels and acknowledging that appointing, Bander Bin Sultan, in, Jul. 2012, as intelligence chief, was to ratchet up Saudi Arabia’s faltering efforts in Syria. Even more revealing, however, was the assertion that, Bander, was firmly behind the steering wheel, so the Qataris must have been told to take a back seat. In essence, all this funding, arming, and paying salaries to militants by Saudi Arabia and Qatar have, not only turned JN – which according to Abu Baker Al Baghdadi’s, head of AQI, declaration in early, Apr. 2013, is merely an extension of AQI – Salafi Wahhabi group into the most ruthless and potent force among the opposition groups, but also dramatically reinvigorated AQI.

Without a doubt, the recapture of the strategic city of Qusair, in early Jun. 2013, by the Syrian army, backed up by its Lebanese allies Hezbollah, marked a major turning point in the Syrian conflict, sending shockwaves across Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the U.S. Thus, prompting Obama’s startling decision on, Jun. 13, 2013, to arm the rebels. Followed menacingly by, Saudi Arabia’s king, sudden return from his holiday. Last time he returned suddenly was to invade and occupy Bahrain. This time, he went back to assume his new role as the undisputed leader of the Arab World after the U.S.’s verdict: Saudi Arabia not Qatar, must lead the Arab World. Thus, Qatar’s Emir, was pushed, by the U.S. on, Jun. 25, 2013, to abdicate power to his son, Tamim Bin Hamed. And, in stark contrast to what many experts predicted, all the indicators manifest that, instead of the heavily active and interventionist approach, Qatari foreign policy would either toe the Saudi line or keep a low profile. These indicators include the following: First, Qatar’s new Emir, made it abundantly clear in his first speech, that Qatar would respect all political directions and rejects sectarianism in Arab societies. Second, the highly conspicuous absence of any mention of the Syrian crisis. Third, and incontestably far more significant, replacing, Hamed Bin Jassim, who was Prime Minster and Foreign Minster by, Abdallah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa, who has been appointed PM and Interior Minster, reflecting an inward looking policy. Fourth, the appointment of, Khalid Al Atiyah, who despite his experience, would have far less clout, since he is not a member of the royal family. Fifth, the new Emir swiftly congratulated the interim president, Adly Mansour, who was appointed by the Egyptian army on, Jul. 4. This was in stark contrast to the Fatwa issued on, Jul. 6, 2013, by, Yusuf Al Qaradawi, who openly called on the Egyptian people to defy the army and back up, Morsi.

Even though, Egypt’s MB was the first casualty of the major change in Qatari foreign policy, nonetheless, hot on its heels came the dramatic takeover of the leadership of the SNC – which the Qataris, until very recently, had been fighting viciously to retain their firm control over, by ensuring that the MB maintains its tight grip and pressing hard for the selection on, Mar. 19, 2013, of its candidate, Gassan Hetto, as interim Prime Minster – on, Jul. 6, 2013, by, Ahmed Jerba, who is Saudi Arabia’s candidate and afterwards, the closure of the Taliban’s political office in Doha.

The principal reasons behind the U.S decisive verdict were the following: First, the high degree of confusion amongst its allies in the Middle East, which gave the Syrian regime and its allies Iran and Russia the edge. Second, the U.S. was not ready to tolerate the sheer arrogance and recklessness of the Qatari leadership. Third, the U.S. hoped that the Saudis would learn from the lesson taught to the Qataris. Fourth, The U.S. believed that having the Qataris in the back seat, threatening to take over, would give the U.S. added leverage over the Saudis. Fifth, pushing the Qatari Emir to abdicate to his son sends a clear message to the Saudi king to hand over power to the next generation. Sixth, the U.S. is increasingly worried about Saudi Arabia’s weakening internal front, especially after its patently deceitful myth of being the guardian of Sunni Islam has unravelled, largely due to the Saudi regime’s full-blown support to tyrannical regimes against the Sunnis in these countries. Seventh, giving the U.S. the golden opportunity to point the finger of blame at the previous Qatari leadership if a new 9/11 – similar to a terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi – took place, rather than blame Saudi Arabia or indeed itself for allowing the Saudis – as reported by Der Spiegel and Reuters – to send anti-aircraft missiles to Syrian rebels, which could so easily fall into the hands of Al Qaida.

Knowing, that a change in the Qatari leadership was imminent, Morsi, scrambled to placate Saudi Arabia’s intense hostility to the MB, by shifting towards the Salafi Wahhabi extremist stances and announcing at a rally held on, Jun. 16, 2013, that he was cutting ties with Syria.

Despite, the Saudi regime’s ringing endorsement to the military coup and the Saudi king’s donation on, Jul, 10, of $ 5 bn to the interim leadership; yet, both sides of the Egyptian political divide blame the U.S. for the crisis. Similarly, if the Saudis successfully ignite a regional sectarian war – to demonstrate to its people that it is heavily engaged in combating an existential threat from the Shia, namely Iran, thus, staving of any internal uprising – both sides of the sectarian divide would undoubtedly blame the U.S. It is, therefore, high time for the U.S. to promptly start off by acknowledging that its unwavering support to Saudi Arabia – where the vast majority (15 out of 19) of the 9/11 suicide bombers, never mind, the mastermind, Osama Bin Laden, came from and where almost all the Fatwas giving religious legitimacy to Al Qaida’s atrocities emanate from – has played a major role in turning the war on terror into an irrefutably the most successful enterprise for the promotion of terror and undeniably vaulting Al Qaida into prominence through countless new countries and across different continents. Then it is imperative for the U.S. – if it genuinely strives to halt the menacingly fast-spreading avalanche of extremist Salafi Wahhabi ideology and avoid an all out confrontation with an increasingly radicalised Muslim world – to forestall Saudi Arabia’s relentless export of its hard-line Salafi Wahhabi ideology and extremist jihadist fighters, by putting immense pressure on the Saudis, who desperately need U.S. protection, to push them to expand its protection for oil deal into protection for oil and concrete political reform along with democratic change deal.

Zayd Alisa is a political analyst and a writer on Middle East affairs with numerous appearances on various TV channels, including BBC and France 24. Zayd Alisa has published several articles and press releases relating to the Middle East, and has been a human rights activist for twenty five years and have actively promoted democracy and freedom of expression in the Arab world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom