What's new

Efforts afoot to get Karachi Circular Railway included in CPEC

Neglect is a Small Word .... PPP have deliberately Criminally ignored nayyyy RUINED the city .... an why would they think of Karachi .. they hardly get more thn 2-4 seats out of 50ish .... and YET they get to be the one Ruling the Province as well as all the funds !

PS: before u ask MQM is no saint .... First & foremost they forget thr most important agenda ... a Separate Province become greedy to try to win the whole province and in hope of two birds in the tree missed the one in the hand too !

I totally agree with you and I'm just as angry.

One of the scariest part of Sar-e-Aam episode starts at around 31 minute (Link) onward. I have no doubt we can solve transportation problem in Karachi. However, having any bottleneck on innovation in Karachi is a real concern. Like you said, Karachi is no ordinary city. It is the business capital of Pakistan. You don't want any bottleneck on innovation in your business capital. Something as simple as having chain stores is actually a huge step towards dealing with complexity. You want your leading city to deal with complex supply-chain in an exemplary way. This is a systemic problem and it won't be solved by building a road or a railway line.

Last edited:
Chinese laughed at us when they knew we can't build bullet train due to less money.
Chinese will be laughing when these ppp chors requested them to pick garbages .
LET cpec empty of politics plz .

c7b67f92ca9bff02be00f8048a22b6da

Web Desk

Related Articles
KARACHI: The Sindh government has begun efforts to get Karachi Circular Railway (KCR) and Keti Bandar projects included in China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project, ARY News reported.

Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah will write to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to seek his favor to get KCR and Keti Bandar included in CPEC project. This was decided here in a meeting chaired by the CM today. The meeting mulled over providing transport facilities to Karachiites.

Additional chief secretary development, principal secretary, finance secretary and secretary energy were also present on this occasion among others.

Murad is set to meet the PM and visit China to lobby in this regard as well. He will participate in a meeting of joint coordination committee of CPEC in January next year.

KCR is a defunct inter-regional transport project which connects several commercial and industrial areas of the metropolis. The provincial and federal governments have long been making claims to revive KCR; however no ground work has been carried out for over a decade because of different reasons including relocation of people residing along the proposed railway line.

KCR began regular passenger service in 1969, however could not survive and shutdown in 1999 because of gross mismanagement.

KCR1.jpg

Pakistan

General Raheel Sharif issues warning to India

Negative propaganda against army leadership ‘disappointing’: DG ISPR

‘Everything will be all right’ at LoC, says COAS General Bajwa

National grid to have significant electricity by March 2018, says PM

Malacca – the cane that symbolizes command in military

Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has withdrawn its offer to construct the project on build, operate and transfer (BOT) basis after it took long to the Sindh government to meet JICA’s legal demands.

While, in January the following year, China had shown interest in reviving Keti Bandar project on BOT basis.

“We are ready to lay a railway line from Thar coal field to Keti Bandar to transport coal,” China-Pakistan Association President Sha Zukang had said in a meeting with the then CM Sindh.

http://arynews.tv/en/sindh-govt-seeks-to-get-kcr-keti-bandar-included-in-cpec/

@GreenFalcon @war&peace @SherDil007 @Morse_Code @PaklovesTurkiye @LA se Karachi
@Indus Falcon

Another Joke With Karachi by PPP. Nothing gonna happen. Just a time pass tactic.

Neglect is a Small Word .... PPP have deliberately Criminally ignored nayyyy RUINED the city .... an why would they think of Karachi .. they hardly get more thn 2-4 seats out of 50ish .... and YET they get to be the one Ruling the Province as well as all the funds !

PS: before u ask MQM is no saint .... First & foremost they forget thr most important agenda ... a Separate Province become greedy to try to win the whole province and in hope of two birds in the tree missed the one in the hand too !

I have never seen some one painting with a single brush of stereotype of a city of 20 million which is ACTUALLY a mini Pakistan and have more Pathans than any city anywhere in and out of Pakistan a significant population of every ethnicity ....

For your digestion ... please go through following numbers before u go ahead and say MORE than 50% are voting for MQM ...

http://tribune.com.pk/story/552368/pakistan-elections-2013-total-voter-turnout-55/

Pakistan with Population of 180 Million - 85-90 Million are eligible for Voting ... Out of Which The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) announced that overall voter turnout in the 2013 general elections was recorded at 55.02% (48 Million)

By this formulla Karachi with Population of 20 Million have 10 Million voters ..

The PML-N got the majority of votes (14.8 million) followed by the PTI (7.5 million), the PPP (6.8 million) and the MQM (2.4 million) (most of them in karachi but quite few in Other sindh Seats in winning or loosing cause).

MQM even got less votes than Independent candidatesm who picked up 5.8 million votes.

Hence out of 20 (conservative estimate) ... 2 million is not 50 but 10% of the population and 20% of the eligible voters ... Now u will ask why still MQM wins the majority or assumingly "Rules the city" .... so out of many more reasons it is the lack of a second option .... People will burn thr vote (or in reality sit at home) thn vote for Pee Pee Pee ..... PMLN & PTI have no karachi centric agenda (for them & rightly so winning Punjab give u whole country so why bother) .... same attitude is by PPP ... wind Sindh Rural & rule over Urban & rural both divisions .....

so Respected Sir, before u come over here & PAINT us ALL with one stroke of brush that WE do this .. WE do that .... please analyse that this is what we are left with a city who is & was welcome to all but neglected equally by others & its own .... ofcourse except when they have to reap the benfits, or do politics !!!!

Thank you for Dropping by and passing judgments ,... it really make our life easier & explain US to people ! Ofcourse we live in a socitey where VICTIM is blame for the act of the criminal ... RIGHT !

A sad story of Maqbooza Karachi.

The private transport mafia, which stopped the circular railway will never allow this to happen.

The Sharifan e Lahore want to use their sarya (Steel) so they are financing only those projects which leads to Ittifaq Steel...... Underpass, Flyovers, Bridges etc
Railway ki har cheaz mitti ki banti hai :hitwall:
Stop mental masturbation

Alongside most of its railways structure got stolen and illegal properties built on the track with other issues

We basically have a map of old KCR and archelogists finds bits and pieces of the railway tracks

It really has to be built from scratch if we can resolve the biggest issue of removing illegal occupiers of the land

Yes.
I have many childhood memories of enjoying the Karachi Circular Railways. The North Nazimabad train station was a 15 minute easy walk from my home. Here are some memories.
1) We kids used to from Landhi on one end to Baldia on the other. I maybe wrong on those names but approximately right.
2) The benches at the train station and the train cars were labeled: 'PWR' for 'Pakistan Western Railways'. But after the Fall of Dhaka, the signs were changed to 'PR'
3) We used to pay, I think, 'Chaar Aana' (25 Paisas) for a one way ride. We would buy at the station and I think we were afraid of riding without the tickets.
4) The one and only time I got some spanking from my dad was we kids, without telling anyone, were out all day riding the trains, making the family worried sick. Eventually they traced us and then---ouch!! It was deserved though.

The rides were joyous! We would stand at the open doors, absorb the scenery and the breeze. We would put coins on the tracks and watch them become mushed up after the train rides. We would buy small packets of snacks--I think 'Channey' (chickpeas) and eat on the train.

And trains were not too, too late. Landhi seemed like the end of the world: Desert and deserted.

Well, those are childhood memories!

Back
Top Bottom