What's new

Economic activity ? DHA comm market .. saturday night . 830PM .

blueazure

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
time = 830pm
day = saturday

location = Dha ph 1 main market , lahore

-----------

the usually busy and jam packed streets and parking lots were 60 -70 percent empty . many shops were shuttering down ( 830pm) sans some grocery stores and pharmacies .

im living here for the last 12 years, i have never seen such 'dystpoia' of no activity , and that too on a Saturday night .

i inquired from a shopkeeper and he replied , " sir there is no business, no sale , people are NOT spending anymore , we shut down early since there is no point to run the shop late and pay heavy elec bills "

-----------------

welcome to IMF induced shock economics

welcome to a devalued currency regime

welcome to moderately high inflation

-----------------

IMG_20200215_203145.jpg
IMG_20200215_203149.jpg
IMG_20200215_203152.jpg
IMG-20200215-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20200215-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20200215-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20200215-WA0024.jpg

------------

time = 830pm
day = saturday

-----------

the usually busy and jam packed streets and parking lots were 60 -70 percent empty . many shops were shuttering down ( 830pm) sans some grocery stores and pharmacies .

im living here for the last 12 years, i have never seen such 'dystpoia' of no activity , and that too on a Saturday night .

i inquired from a shopkeeper and he replied , " sir there is no business, no sale , people are NOT spending anymore , we shut down early since there is no point to run the shop late and pay heavy elec bills "

-----------------

-----------------

View attachment 606423 View attachment 606424 View attachment 606425 View attachment 606426 View attachment 606427 View attachment 606428 View attachment 606429

------------

Would this somehow translate to lower land and house prices in DHA phase-1, 2, 3, 4?

time = 830pm
day = saturday

-----------

-----------------

-----------------

View attachment 606423 View attachment 606424 View attachment 606425 View attachment 606426 View attachment 606427 View attachment 606428 View attachment 606429

------------
You are misunderstanding what is going on in here. these types of markets are having low customer flow due to shopping malls like packages and emporium.. retail is prospering in Pakistan.. being in retail business for over 15 years, i haven't seen such huge purchasing by Pakistanis as they are doing know.
yes our middle and lower middle class has suffered alot due to inflation but what you are depicting is not what actually is.

Irrelevant comment. But you tried hard to drag govt over the coal gratuitously. This could possibly be due to Less populated society, I guess.

less populated ?

DHA phase 1 is the oldest marke .

land occupancy here is 100 percent

-------

im living here for the last 10 years,

You are misunderstanding what is going on in here. these types of markets are having low customer flow due to shopping malls like packages and emporium.. retail is prospering in Pakistan.. being in retail business for over 15 years, i haven't seen such huge purchasing by Pakistanis as they are doing know.
yes our middle and lower middle class has suffered alot due to inflation but what you are depicting is not what actually is.

my friend, no body actually 'shops' in packages mall, LOL

prices deikhi hain wahan ? all people do there is poondi and food courting

I'm not doubting the veracity of your claim, but I was in Lahore during the past week, and happened to visit the phase 1 commercial market a number of times and it was more crowded than shown even around 10-11pm.
Also, it's DHA after all. If you want to see crowds, I suggest you visit Karachi. Even the streets of residential areas of North Nazimabad are crowded even late into the night. There is no sign of a IMF induced shock economics, devalued currency or moderately high inflation.

This Is Much Better Than Seeing Bread Lines and People Scrumaging Garbage Bins For For Food

my friend, no body actually 'shops' in packages mall, LOL

prices deikhi hain wahan ? all people do there is poondi and food courting
Thats not true, I worked there for 6 months, now im in Emporium. our company has more than 50 Branches all over Pakistan and the best sales comes from,
1. Emporium
2. Packages
I can even tell you the customer walkin of some of the major markets in Lhr. The prices are ok, you want the best thing, you have to pay accordingly.

When did Tom, Dick, Harry shopkeepers become economy experts?

People have lost hope. Hope was the only thing that carried this PTI govt. forward. Empty MoUs with foreign countries won't help revive hope. Imran Khan is already finished he needs to go after mafia and bureaucrat parasites, meaning reforms to change goverance no other choice.

Welcome to declining current account deficit
Welcome to lower import bill
Welcome to default avoidance

People have lost hope.
So after more than 30 years of PMLN+PPP combo people didn't lose hope, and then suddenly lost hope after less than two years of PTI govt. :D

imtiaz is packed anytime you go. So are malls. The customers are still there. They just moved from local supermarkets/shops to Chain supermarkets/malls. People prefer to shop in those since its not hot, and there security everywhere.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom