What's new

Economic activity ? DHA comm market .. saturday night . 830PM .

So after more than 30 years of PMLN+PPP combo people didn't lose hope, and then suddenly lost hope after less than two years of PTI govt. :D

Poor did not lose homes during anti encroachment drive and the rich mafias did not stop doing investment in the market. PML N and PPP are the most relaxed now than they ever were.

Brick and mortar stores are dead. E-commerce is shooting through the roof. If you're oblivious to shopping trends in Pakistan, well you're out of the mainstream anyway.

rich mafias did not stop doing investment in the market.
So you are implying Pakistani economy was run by mafias during PMLN+PPP rule and now they are no longer investing because of PTI rule. You understand that you are validating PTI stance, despite you being a patwari.

So you are implying Pakistani economy was run by mafias during PMLN+PPP rule and now they are no longer investing because of PTI rule. You understand that you are validating PTI stance, despite you being a patwari.

If I was patwari I would be enjoying making imran khan cartoons than kick some sencse into a youthiya here.
Imran Khan's tenure is enough publicty for Patwari, yputhiyas now in competition with jiyalas

If I was patwari I would be enjoying making imran khan cartoons than kick some sencse into a youthiya here.
Imran Khan's tenure is enough publicty for Patwari, yputhiyas now in competition with jiyalas
Typical patwari. Since IK failed to deliver, lets bring PMLN and PPP back.

That’s just sad. I mean every person I go to is either saying they have no business anymore or that the utility bills have become unaffordable or that the food items are unaffordable or that petroleum prices have skyrocketted, sugar, wheat, Fertilizer not to mention the currency exchange situation. Where to start. The govt seems to have no convincing answer for anything, even in words. I mean it’s not about ganjas or zardari anymore. Things are actually messed up and the govt seems to be clueless. 1.5 years is more Enough to judge a govt’s performance and frankly this current one is lagging farr in everything. Hope the Pindi boys are monitoring the situation closely.

time = 830pm
day = saturday

location = Dha ph 1 main market , lahore

-----------

the usually busy and jam packed streets and parking lots were 60 -70 percent empty . many shops were shuttering down ( 830pm) sans some grocery stores and pharmacies .

im living here for the last 12 years, i have never seen such 'dystpoia' of no activity , and that too on a Saturday night .

i inquired from a shopkeeper and he replied , " sir there is no business, no sale , people are NOT spending anymore , we shut down early since there is no point to run the shop late and pay heavy elec bills "

-----------------

welcome to IMF induced shock economics

welcome to a devalued currency regime

welcome to moderately high inflation

-----------------

View attachment 606423 View attachment 606424 View attachment 606425 View attachment 606426 View attachment 606427 View attachment 606428 View attachment 606429

------------
Meray bhai tomorrow I will post pics of traffic jam of lahore at 8.30 pm and will prove you wrong.

Posting pics from pizza time area and parking in front of it which is usually empty. Very smart. Go a lane behind pizza time and you will find all aunties of DHA at their tailor and full.

Go jadis and it will take you 15 minutes to cross that small lane.

This place was empty in PMLN times as well. There is traffic here in morning cause it mostly has offices.

That’s just sad. I mean every person I go to is either saying they have no business anymore or that the utility bills have become unaffordable or that the food items are unaffordable or that petroleum prices have skyrocketted, sugar, wheat, Fertilizer not to mention the currency exchange situation. Where to start. The govt seems to have no convincing answer for anything, even in words. I mean it’s not about ganjas or zardari anymore. Things are actually messed up and the govt seems to be clueless. 1.5 years is more Enough to judge a govt’s performance and frankly this current one is lagging farr in everything. Hope the Pindi boys are monitoring the situation closely.
Affordable prices are sustained by lowering deficits and debts while increasing exports and revenues. In past 10 years Pakistan has only increased debts and deficits while exports and revenues have declined significantly. The obvious result is current runaway stagflation.
inflation.JPG

EQOxXUGWAAAmseO.jpg

Hope the Pindi boys are monitoring the situation closely.
Pindi boys do not run economic policy, only foreign and security policies. Had Pindi boys run economic policy, they would have kicked PPP and PMLN from power immediately.

Poor did not lose homes during anti encroachment drive and the rich mafias did not stop doing investment in the market. PML N and PPP are the most relaxed now than they ever were.
Only PPP is relaxed.... i don't see how PMLN is relaxed!

Drawing too many conclusions without the whole picture.

In the US, long term giants such as Macy’s and JC Penny’s is shutting down stores and laying people off. Should we put those empty stores and malls to a poor economic situation in the US or take a bigger picture of how buying habits and avenues have changed.

Affordable prices are sustained by lowering deficits and debts while increasing exports and revenues. In past 10 years Pakistan has only increased debts and deficits while exports and revenues have declined significantly. The obvious result is current runaway stagflation.
View attachment 606578
View attachment 606579

Pindi boys do not run economic policy, only foreign and security policies. Had Pindi boys run economic policy, they would have kicked PPP and PMLN from power immediately.

As per your your first reference, the deficit seems to be lowest in Ganja bros tenure. The second one only shows a hopless future for as long as pti is in power. I m not sure what to deduce from that.

Pindi pindi pindayyy. Ofcourse they do my dear. Well they don’t run it themselves per say, but they do know when it’s time to take correctional measure. There wouldn’t be an economy today if that wasn’t the case.

Shopping /grocery malls are taking place now.
To give you example here in gulshan -e-iqbal imtiaz store
Tomattoes 1kg =27 rupees
Oranges dozen = 60 rupees
Strawberry =180

While on streets and local shops

Tomattoes 1kg =50-60 upees
Oranges dozen = 80-90 rupees
Strawberry =220 rupees

And these are just few, lots of discount there and then these malls pay taxes as well so this is another reason why ppl shifting towards big malls.

Pictures do not justice to what is happening really.

I can post pictures of markets in far end G sectors of ISB, Sadr RWP, Centaurus and 6 PM rush traffic on ISB expressway/Kashmir highway. The amount of imported cars in G-sectors/Sadr (let alone F sector and other posh areas) will make one think that where does this all money come from.

There is disparity of wealth, no doubt about it. However, money is there.

Back
Top Bottom