What's new

East Pakistani Soldiers during Operation Searchlight

@ By reading all the books available in Bangladesh (Many books of Pakistani generals are not available in Bangladesh) about our liberation war, I think, the Pakistan Army lost all hope specially all Muhajir officers of Pakistan Army and they broke even some Generals(Rao Ferman Ali) were making advance liaison with the American Embassy.

@ Pakistan Army's re-capturing of whole East Pakistan within a short spun of time was really a praise worthy and definitely the credit goes to General Niazi but unfortunately he was not treated fairly at his home.

@ During the whole operation Pakistan Army also had substantial number of public support among the Bengalees. But the problem was there was no political direction from the center. You see, the whole "Chakma Tribe" including their Raja Tridev Rai supported the Pakistan Army whole heartedly. Moreso, during that time the whole Mizo Brigade including Lal Denga was stationed at Rangamati. Infact, the Mukti Bahini could not do anything in Chittagong Hill Tracts during the whole nine months. After the surrender, the Indian "Kilo" force under command of General Oban immediadely rushed to Chittagong Hill Tract to netralise them.

@ Al-Badre, Al-Shams and Razakars also fought side by side with the Pakistani forces but the main problem was with the Pakistani Army that they hardly use to believe these Bengalee forces. I read in a book, once on 16 December 1971 once the Pakistani Army surrendered but yet the Al-Badre at Kishorganj did not accept the surrender they continue to fight with the Indian Army along with the Mukti Bahini kept it free for another 48 hours.

@ I have seen the liberation war, to tell you frankly, the Mukti Bahini hardly could harm the Pakistani Forces other than disrupting the line of communications and killing the pro-Pakistani politicians. Ofcource, it crippled the morale of Pakistani Forces to a great extend.

@ Finally, I think, there was something wrong about the surrender signal from GHQ. Yahya also said that he did not ordered or signed any signal for surrender rather he gave the final authority to Niazi to take action as per his discreation. Niazi said he received a direct surrender signal from GHQ signed by Yahya. I also hard from my relative who was at that time serving in GHQ, Rawalpindi that on 17 December 1971, there were lot of confusion regarding this in GHQ itself. The signal might have manipulated either by the Indian agents or by the higher echelon of Pakistan Army who were not interested to continue the war.

At last a bangladeshi with some common sense and truth! :tup:

Those Mukti would have been wiped out with in days without support of Indians. You must understand that this was all Indian plot. Many Bengali like you supported Pakistan over Bangladesh.

I also hard from my relative who was at that time serving in GHQ, Rawalpindi that on 17 December 1971, there were lot of confusion regarding this in GHQ itself. The signal might have manipulated either by the Indian agents or by the higher echelon of Pakistan Army who were not interested to continue the war.

This is new. Is it true? :eek:

Those Mukti would have been wiped out with in days without support of Indians. You must understand that this was all Indian plot. Many Bengali like you supported Pakistan over Bangladesh.

Only an idiot would assume that the Mukti Bahini can go toe to toe with the Pakistan military alone. Of-course, they had backers.

Only an idiot would assume that the Mukti Bahini can go toe to toe with the Pakistan military alone. Of-course, they had backers.

Muktis could go head on with PK army by Novermber of 1971 but ofcourse with Indian arms and artilery. Most of the people had a misconception of Muktis as those running with 3 not 3.

This is new. Is it true? :eek:

@ Pakistan was defeated in 1971, "Ye tu hona hi tha", there was no way in no way out. Almost more than half of the people were either revolted or remained silent. I agree with one of the poster written by one Pakistani that in West Pakistani front half of Pakistani Troops were fighting and half of them were guarding the Bengalee soldiers. It was not only on the front but it was also at the rear. There were almost 30% Bengalees in Pakistan Navy and Airforce. So, they remained silent and many even fled and pass back the vital information to the enemy.

@ Most of the old people did not supported the liberation war with the help of India. Majority of the then East Pakistani poltical parties also did not supported it only AL, NAP(pro-Moscow) and the East Pakistan Communist Party supported the liberation war.

@ Majority of the people in greater Noakhali, Comilla, Chittagong, Chittagong Hill Tract, Sylhet, Rajshahi. old Dhaka and all most all govt civil officials supported the Pakistani Govt and collaborrated with them. Even many East Pakistan Police surrendered and helped the Pakistani Military. Each and every place there were Peace Community. All commercial places had Pakistani flags. Again this does does not mean they supported them whole heartedly to the Pakistani military.

@ Muslim Leaque, Jammatee Islami, Nizame Islam, Council Muslim Leaque, Convention Muslim Leaque, Pakistan Democratic Party supported the Pakistani cause. The pro-Chinese political partries initially went to India but soon came back and fought both with the Mukties and Pakistani Military Forces.

@ Around 25 AL PMs surrendered to Pakistani authority. Among them two became ministers in Dr Malek's cabinet. Inside India many AL MPs were trying to make liaison with Pakistan via American Embassy. The leader was Khondokar Mushtak Ahmed. Even Mushtak gave an open speach among the AL's MPs and freedom fighters some where near Shilligurri but soon he was isolated by Indian intellegence. Soon, RAW started recruiting new freedom fighters known as "Mujib Bahini". But this force never went to the front rather they were busy somewhere else.

@ About the refugees, around 1 crore Bengalee refugee went to India though there are lot of controvercy about the figures ? Out of this 90 lacs were Hindus only 10 lacs were Muslim Bengalee refugees that too were the direct members of AL, members of Army, Navy, Airforce, police, EPR, Ansars, Muzahids, students. Hardly any common Bengalee went to India. Yes I also went and came back. Many also came back. Pakistan Army also established lot of refugee camps inside the then East Pakistan where many refugees returned even I have seen many Hindus also returned and stayed for some time at these camps.

@ Mukti Bahini did harm to the Pakistani forces but it was manageable by the Pakistani Troops. So long we had been hearing one-sided stories. Yes Pakistan army carried out atrrocities among the Bengalee people initially but slowly it stopped. The killing and raping stories were all bulshit. Yes they killed and raped but the number is not like 3 million or 4 lac raped cases. Side by side we also killed many Biharees and non-Bengalees much before 25 March 1971.

@ We only know about the killing of Biharees in East Pakistan. There were many civilian Pakistanise stationed at various Industrial areas, Banks, Civil officials and many students in various collages and universities. All the non- Bengalee cadets of Marine Academy were killed. There were many non-Bengalees in the Bengal regiments were killed. There were many non-Bengalees in the East Pakistan Rifle(EPR) almost 1/4 were mostly killed. But in West Pakistan not a single Bengalee was killed.

@ To all my Bangladeshi friends what I am writing all these are facts. Some of them I have seen with my own eyes. During that period after May 1971 in all the cities, towns and thanas it was almost normal as if nothing happened. But ofcource the Beharees played a key role.

@ About the surrender of General Niazi, he was almost determined to fight till the last but some of his Generals like General Rao Farman Ali almost broke. He played a dubinous role. On 14 December 1971 at the premises of Hotel Inter-Continental he said in front of the foriegn press that he would fight till the last. For the protection of Dhaka he had enough force.
* Till that time in the Northern Sector Pakistan Army was positioned at Nilphamari-10 Mile line and the Bde was almost intact after planned withdrawal.

* In Khulna and Jessore Sector the Pakistan Army withdraw from Jessore and took position at the outscurt of Khulna City. Some Pakistani elements withdrew to Magura.

* In the Mymensingh Sector the Pakistani troops were defeated and their defence line broke once there was para drop at Tangail. Only some elements of Indian para troops came at Mirpur bridge.

* However, the link between Rangpur and Bogra was cut off. The 16 Division along with one Bde was concentrated at Natore. The tank regiment was splitted. Some were at Rangpur, some were at Natore and some were at Khulna.

* In the Norsindi area, Pakistani troops were in defence position. Indian force were at the other side of the river Megna. The Dhaka was not under the Artillery range.

* The Pakistani troops were intact at the Commilla Cantt. Some elements of Pakistani troops were also intact at Sylhet. Chittagong was also intact but road communication between Dhaka Chittagong was disrupted. The adhoc Bde was at Chandpur. Two Battalions were freshly stationed at Dhaka just came as re-enforcement from West Pakistan.

* The only problem was the air support missing. With these situation Pakistan Army could fight for more one month easily. But Niazi had nothing to do other than surrender as it had been ordered from Pindi.

What a RAZAKAR pig like you saw or not saw in 1971 is irrelevant here. Since no one had punished you in 1971, someone should have at least piss on you for betraying YOUR people. Even if you are a Bihari, then learn from History that 1971 was the 1st time that a settler group of Muslims in Begal has betrayed this country. From now on I will be watching what you vomit in the PDF. Your place should remain forever in the Geneva camp slums.

@ Geneva Camp !!!!! People says they are like "Kire mokore ki tahra jete hai". They earn and always busy in listening to, " mera lal dupatta mal mal and muhabat ke damse ye dunia hasi hai muhabat nahi hai tu koch vi nahi hai".

@ So, eastwatch you have made me Behari and Razakar !!!!! No problem, they are also human being staying in Bangldesh. But eastwatch remember one thing, "My enemy's enemy is my friend" and I am just following that principle. In one hand you are criticising India for everything and on the other hand you donnot want to take the help of Pakistan !!!!! You are behaving like Colonel Oli Ahmed who fought the liberation war with Zia but not ready to make compromise with Jammat. Now, see he has now again come to Khaleda Zia. By the way one thing I marked on you that you have a depth of knowledge on Bengal History. I suggest you to read one small book, "Ami Al-Badre Bolchi" in Bengalee if you are interested I can give you the link. I have become now little old, hope you are too !!!! Have patience.

@ Another important point in 1972 there were about more than 7 lac Biharee refugees in Geneva camps in Bangladesh who opted for Pakistan. Hardly Pakistan took only 50 to 60 thousand. These beharis are supposed to be now 15 lacs after 40 years. But now you count, you will see only 3 to 4 lacs. Where they have gone ???? People says majority of them had already migrated to West Bengal and became a vote Bank for a particular political parties. In West Bengal out of 26 districts in 13 districts theses people have settled and dominating the political arena of West Bengal.

@ Another important point in 1972 there were about more than 7 lac Biharee refugees in Geneva camps in Bangladesh who opted for Pakistan. Hardly Pakistan took only 50 to 60 thousand. These beharis are supposed to be now 15 lacs after 40 years. But now you count, you will see only 3 to 4 lacs. Where they have gone ???? People says majority of them had already migrated to West Bengal and became a vote Bank for a particular political parties. In West Bengal out of 26 districts in 13 districts theses people have settled and dominating the political arena of West Bengal.

Really???????????? :what:

Really???????????? :what:

@ Yes, what I say definitely there are some proves. Have you not heard, "Old is gold" ? Ofcourse, sometimes I make fun with the Indian friends.

@ You tell me where the huge Beharis has gone ?? I tell you in 1947 near about 25 to 28 lacs of Beharis came to the then East Pakistan and they were settled in all important cities. In todays Dhaka, Mirpur and Muhammudpur basically created for their rehabilitation. You see the names of the roads in Muhammadpur, Tajmahal, Aurangozab, Nur Zahan, Humayun etc all the names of Mugal dynasty. Shia mosque is located at muhammadpur since maximum of Beharis are Shia.

@ During and after liberation war of 1971 people says near about 3/4 lacs Behares were killed in almost most more than 60 areas of Bangladesh. In Dhaka cantonment areas we will find lot of civil areas where Behares were settled for security reason after the Behari-Bengalee riote at Adamjee Nagar in 1954. But now the Beharis are missing. It is not that they were killed. Most of these Beharis were well off and quickly migrated to Pakistan in time.

@ So, the point was where the Beharis have gone. These Beharis have most secretly migrated to West Bengal and some have gone to Bihar. In West Bengal they are well treated by the Communist Party. That was one of the reason the Muslims of West Bengal and the just migrated Beharis from Bengal jointly supported the Communist Party of West Bengal and for the last 30 years they were in power.

Before the monsoons Niazi reported back tht he has removed the resistance........... shot or captured around 30,000 mukti bhani.......................... but according to CIA ....... india had around 100,000 mutkis in indian side................. niazi requested hot pursuit but was denied coz the leadership in WP didnt want a war............. but CIA already had reports abt the indian plan of invasion................ The EP had no radar cover and only 1 sqd of ageing F-86 jets!!

According to niazi ....... his army was known as the army of occupation by the natives................ no reinforcements came frm WP........... most of the reserve troops were old n unfit.................. and heck... forget Nixon the american managment already favoured india ... even in 1962 the west send a flood of military aid to india against the communist china!Which they had promised not to use against Pakistan!

Niazi sent back a general(forgot his name) under the pretext tht he couldnt do well in the fog of war...... only bcoz he was reported back tht EP should be solved politically!

India also had russian trainers n advisors......

There r lots of factors of the fall of dacca.

rajakars from east pakistan dominating west bengal politics !! now i have seen it all!

rajakars from east pakistan dominating west bengal politics !! now i have seen it all!

How can you deny it when our Akmal the great claims so? But, the reality is after losing their grip on facilities in Bangladesh many of the Biharis went back to their forefathers' land in Bihar to claim their ancestral property there. Some are certainly also in west Bengal. But, Akmal wants us to believe that this less than one lakh or so Biharis there are dominating the politics of west Bengal where the population is about 100 million. Akmal must be very naive.

@ This is the statemnet of your own ex-IGP. Read the book, "Is India is going to be an Islamic State in the next Century ?" Written by some Buljit Singh ex-IGP or Deputy IGP. Look, Abir, our hands are very very small we donnot think so big but your people some times writes some peculier articles which has no base in the reality.

Before the monsoons Niazi reported back tht he has removed the resistance........... shot or captured around 30,000 mukti bhani.......................... but according to CIA ....... india had around 100,000 mutkis in indian side................. niazi requested hot pursuit but was denied coz the leadership in WP didnt want a war............. but CIA already had reports abt the indian plan of invasion................ The EP had no radar cover and only 1 sqd of ageing F-86 jets!!

According to niazi ....... his army was known as the army of occupation by the natives................ no reinforcements came frm WP........... most of the reserve troops were old n unfit.................. and heck... forget Nixon the american managment already favoured india ... even in 1962 the west send a flood of military aid to india against the communist china!Which they had promised not to use against Pakistan!

Niazi sent back a general(forgot his name) under the pretext tht he couldnt do well in the fog of war...... only bcoz he was reported back tht EP should be solved politically!

India also had russian trainers n advisors......

There r lots of factors of the fall of dacca.

russians paid a decade later and go divided into 16 pieces...india was responsible for dragging russians into its dirty politics...now russia should team up with Pakistan to bring down india..
regarding Bengaladeshi brothers i dont know whats their future...no navy no subamrines no nukes no airforece.....india layed a plot and bangla fell in...now eventhought bengladeshi economy is doing good and i must mention here ...food or malnourishment was never a problem for bangladeshis cause of ample fish and rice production in bulk and cheap.....without nukes and an airforce to match that of indian they are no where......
indians are making a plan..once bangladeshi foreign exchange reserves are high and they have developed road and bridges...indians will attack and ask burma to attack it too from eastern front.....i wish u good luck but at the same time i am sorry to say not much hope for you unless you make,find or buy nukes from whereever....even 5,6 ready made nukes would keep coward india at bay.

How can you deny it when our Akmal the great claims so? But, the reality is after losing their grip on facilities in Bangladesh many of the Biharis went back to their forefathers' land in Bihar to claim their ancestral property there. Some are certainly also in west Bengal. But, Akmal wants us to believe that this less than one lakh or so Biharis there are dominating the politics of west Bengal where the population is about 100 million. Akmal must be very naive.

@ eastwatch, you know for the last 30 years in West Bengal the Communist Party is on power and muslims were in better position comparring to other provinces. So, it became the save heaven for the muslims of India. Slowly and gradually our Beharis also went and settled there. And I tell you for this an organised group had been working. Even today almost 40 to 45 % of Calcutta population is muslim. Abir might be able to say that ! And it is no one lacs much more than that. Who knows even Biharis from Bihar itself have migrated to West Bengal. Once the govt itself is sponsering migration no one can stop that. What eastwatch, Abir and Tiki Tam Tam can do ? Other than searching datas on the internet!!!!

@ Whatever I have written most from that particular books. By reading that book, I myself became surprized and thought for many years. Moreso, whenever, I used to visit Saidpur or Geneva camp(my home as per east watch) I used to see them talk with them in urdu. Once you talk with them in their language they feel free. Even now-a-days very frequently they go to India without visa and passport and each time brings lot of Indian sharees with them. I have seen almost whole Beharee lots in Bogra and Jessore are involved in smuggling in Indian Sharees. These Beharis have a free excess to Bangladesh, Pakistan and India without any document.

@ I want to correct the sentance, Beharis and the muslims are the deciding factor in West Bengal politics and it is a fact whether you believe it or not. But now I think, the situation is changed once Momota Benarjee came to power.

@ eastwatch, you know for the last 30 years in West Bengal the Communist Party is on power and muslims were in better position comparring to other provinces. So, it became the save heaven for the muslims of India. Slowly and gradually our Beharis also went and settled there. And I tell you for this an organised group had been working. Even today almost 40 to 45 % of Calcutta population is muslim. Abir might be able to say that ! And it is no one lacs much more than that. Who knows even Biharis from Bihar itself have migrated to West Bengal. Once the govt itself is sponsering migration no one can stop that. What eastwatch, Abir and Tiki Tam Tam can do ? Other than searching datas on the internet!!!!

@ Whatever I have written most from that particular books. By reading that book, I myself became surprized and thought for many years. Moreso, whenever, I used to visit Saidpur or Geneva camp(my home as per east watch) I used to see them talk with them in urdu. Once you talk with them in their language they feel free. Even now-a-days very frequently they go to India without visa and passport and each time brings lot of Indian sharees with them. I have seen almost whole Beharee lots in Bogra and Jessore are involved in smuggling in Indian Sharees. These Beharis have a free excess to Bangladesh, Pakistan and India without any document.

@ I want to correct the sentance, Beharis and the muslims are the deciding factor in West Bengal politics and it is a fact whether you believe it or not. But now I think, the situation is changed once Momota Benarjee came to power.

Muslims in Bengal do not care about Bangladesh, many of them are non-Bengali and have been living here since Job Charnock made his headquarters in Sutanuti. Give your delusional mind a rest.

The man (Akram) is good at inventing history and contemporary politics of foreign nations!!

Totally delusional!!

To imagine that the Razakars of Bangaldesh are the head honchos of West Bengal politics. :rofl:

If indeed the Razaakars have slipped into India, it puts paid to the Bangaldeshi posters claim that BD illegals are not swamping India!! :chilli:

This overt love for the camp chaps, knowing Urdu and his general tone indicates akram's real identity, no matter how much he claims otherwise.

@ Tiki Tam Tam, why you are tilting my post ? First of all my name is Akmal not Akram.

@ Yes, I know a little bit Urdu since I was in Pakistan in those days and there was no Bengalee Medium School in Noshera in 1964. Later on after 1971 I changed my medium. In those days these were natural for those we were in West Pakistan with families.

@ It is a fact that most of the muslims who are in India either give their votes to Congress or Communist Parties. In West Bengal it has been seen they generally give to Communist Party. Once the Communist were in power in Tripura the same thing happened. Now, once the Behares were negelcted in Bangladesh they silently went to Bihar and some went to Pakistan through India. But in Bihar they were also not comfortable so they went to West Bengal. Now, the book which I was refering,"Is India is Going to Islamic State in the Next Century" written by yours writer was trying to urgue that most of these Bihares were settled in various districts of West Bengal and quickly an underground group listed them in the voter list. Now, once their name is entered in the voter list so they became a vote bank for Communist party. That was the point. You may agree or not. So, as per the opinion of the writer who served in Indian Police for last 35 years mostly in Assam, Tripura and West Bengal in all most 13 districts out of 26 districts of West Bengal became deciding factor. Does it mean that the Indian muslims and the Bengalee Behares has come to power ??? The same it happens in Bangladesh. There are many districts specially in Khulna, Barisal, Faridpur, Hobiganj, Magura, some parts of Mymensingh, Kishorganj, Sunamganj, Shoriatpur and Dinajpur the Hindu voters are the deciding factor.

@ Now if you understand the politics of West Bengal moreso you are staying there you understand better, you can urgue, that is all. I have not invented the history of West Bengal. The people of West Bengal are much much more cleaver and politically matured than the whole Indian Sub-Continent.

Back
Top Bottom