What's new

East Pakistani Soldiers during Operation Searchlight

Mujib was incompetent at running the country post independence. Would anybody have better is open to debate. But he can hardly be blamed for the breakup of Pakistan. The moment he was prevented from forming the government expanded the existing rift formed by west Pakistanis racism and arrogance and the moment west Pakistanis massacred Bengali military personnel BD was born.

I have no problem with many critism that can be ascribed to mujib but not the breakup of the union.

Isn't the same true for Mujib ?

The Bangabandhu got you a country , alright , but was inept and incompetent in running it , his attitudes towards his political opponents is well known and was later assassinated by a group of soldiers who later ascended to the throne .

As I was telling @Armstrong last night , to criticize thineself is a rare ability .

I am not condoning Mujib at all for his failings.

Last edited by a moderator:
We live and learn. This is exactly what my Lebanese Sunni Muslim friend told me:

1. When the Shia was low in number, they knew their place and kept at the back side of mosque, they did not have much Shia mosque's then
2. Imam's instructed them to have kids and many families had 10 or more, 12-13 kids were common
3. When the Shia became dominant at around the long civil war, Shia's were killing Sunni's and taking their property. My friend was abducted and almost killed for insulting Shia religion. Shia's asked Sunni's to drop their car keys from balcony, if they did not, they were shot and killed.
4. Shia's believe that all Sunni's are heretics and blasphemous and will go to hell, so their life and property is fair game, if they do not convert. Taqiya is used to hide all these core beliefs.

Situation in Lebanon, Iraq and Syria can be used as examples.

And my Lebanese Sunni friend is the son of a Phd professor, and he hates Arab Monarchs and considers the Salafi's as deviants. So this Shia Sunni conflict is older than Salafi creed that first got started with Ibn Taymiyyah. He openly says that he does not consider the Shia's as Muslims, which I think is going too far, as it needs the consensus of the entire Sunni Muslim community to reach that kind of decision.

@kalu_miah you should check the Shia's perception about our Prophet's Shahaba & Hazrat Aisha (RA). When for the first time i read it, i felt like being bitten by red ants.

:lol:

Amen to that brother !

I'm just glad that the common Sunni & Shia is beginning to distance themselves from this sectarian crap; maybe in a few decades we'd have the Pakistan we had in the '50s !

:eek: thanks for the invitation but lets just be friends :whistle:

Bhutto failed and failed badly . His concern for only one wing and not for the United Pakistan cost the state . Was he the sole culprit though ?

The Bangabandhu got you a country , alright , but was inept and incompetent in running it , his attitudes towards his political opponents is well known and was later assassinated by a group of soldiers who later ascended to the throne .

As I was telling @Armstrong last night , to criticize thineself is a rare ability .

Plz refer to my previous reply to you, I mentioned culprits there.

When one is criticizing A you shouldn't assume in advance that the same guy can't criticize B because B is closer to him....it's your stereotype mind.

Huh.... you from Saidpur... Now make sense...

You are reported

@ Great iajdani ! so you have made me "Behari" !! Good, Good. But I tell you my that friend is now a Commissioner in Saidpur. He was my classmate in a Residential School/College.

@ By the way, I am not a Behari nor I belongs to Saidpur but you may say close by. I came across for the first time in 1967 with these Biharis. It was in 1967 we were on the way to our vacation from Noshera to our native country side. We were travelling in a Dacca Mail named as "Drotojan" in those days(from Dacca). Once the train reached at Parbatipur I saw lot of women borded into our Second Class Boggy. Then my father told me these are known as Bihares and they came from Bihar and now stays mostly in Saidpur.

:eek: thanks for the invitation but lets just be friends :whistle:

What ? Are you telling me that we - The Great Animelive & Armstrong the Magnificent - aren't Brothers ? :cray:

I feel so unloved & unwanted right now ! :cry:

So brother whats up ? Hows life treating you ? :)

And any news on where @DarkPrince went to ? I miss him....he was like a brother - truly ! :undecided:

Bhutto failed and failed badly . His concern for only one wing and not for the United Pakistan cost the state . Was he the sole culprit though ?

I've always maintained that Pakistan never got 1/100th the sincere leader that the Quaid was since his death ! They were all meglomaniacs or boot-lickers whose sole pursuit in politics was either their personal ambitions or doing 'Jeee Hozoooriii' for someone else !

What ? Are you telling me that we - The Great Animelive & Armstrong the Magnificent - aren't Brothers ? :cray:

I feel so unloved & unwanted right now ! :cry:

So brother whats up ? Hows life treating you ? :)

And any news on where @DarkPrince went to ? I miss him....he was like a brother - truly ! :undecided:

been gamin and praying like crazy :D i really need some sleep man. trolling in fb is another art that keeps me away from this forum these days. not enough troll threads. i miss arp :cry:
its been long since i saw him myself. maybe busy with life. they all come back once in a while

Plz refer to my previous reply to you, I mentioned culprits there.

When one is criticizing A you shouldn't assume in advance that the same guy can't criticize B because B is closer to him....it's your stereotype mind.

You misunderstood me , there .

I meant to say that Mujib and Bhutto weren't the only ones responsible for the separation , there were others - both military and political leaders who sowed discord .

Counting...Shia,Sunni,Salafi,Hanafi, now Wahabi....is there more :undecided:?

@ Yes there are more !!!!!!

1. Hanafi.
2. Maleki,
3. Shafilki
4. Hambali

@ Ahmedia
@ Mirjai

@ Shia

@ Agha Khani

When I was in Kenya I marked one thing there that is one sects in Shia or other groups of muslims who even burn the dead man like the Hindus.

@ Whatever knowledge I have about Islamic history I find these Shia Sunnis were never united and they were always a parrallel Islamic power till the begining of First World War.

I meant to say that Mujib and Bhutto weren't the only ones responsible for the separation , there were others - both military and political leaders who sowed discord .

Read the AL six point demand which has everything to stay united.

You cant keep half of your country 1000 miles apart and treat that as like one of the states of Pakistan. There should had been a confederation btn the two part from the very begining.

Question should be how could Op. Searchlight be improved? What methods could PA have executed to achieve their objectives? That would make this thread a meaningful discussion.

@ Can you tell me when this "Operation Search Light" started and when it finished ? It will help us for healthy discussion. I can throw little bit light on it.

Read the AL six point demand which has everything to stay united.

You cant keep half of your country 1000 miles apart and treat that as like one of the states of Pakistan. There should had been a confederation btn the two part from the very begining.

People tend to blame the west pakistani but I think its the Biharis/mohajis who were more to blame and those people came up with all the weird ideas about Pakistan and most Bengalis misunderstood them as West Pakistani.

Back
Top Bottom