What's new

East Pakistani Soldiers during Operation Searchlight

Does my country look saved to you ?

I agree that the Iranian Revolution & the Radicalization of a minority of the Shias affected us but so did the Wahabi Export of their ideology to Pakistan !

We were so much better off in the '50s & the '60s when there was no such sectarianism & even the religious minorities were all safe & sound.

Counting...Shia,Sunni,Salafi,Hanafi, now Wahabi....is there more :undecided:?

Thanked for the bottom part not for the racist comment upper. You seem to be diverting very natural instinct of human being to sectarian divide. There are some places where human being act selfish, no point making it sectarian. Abusing Mir Jafar for his treacherous act and crying for Sirajuddoula both go for 2 Shia guys. The inner story is Mir Jafar had to take the path of deception because Siraj was a stupid 22-year old inept ruler didn't have any respect to others. Anyway, these were All the King's Men Stories that happened thousand times in the history of human being, all of them were not Shia :) .

Isn't it blasphemous in Bangladesh to put siraj in proper historical context! ;)

Question should be how could Op. Searchlight be improved? What methods could PA have executed to achieve their objectives? That would make this thread a meaningful discussion.

Many answered your question here...handing over the power to legally elected person irrespective of his ethnicity, origin etc.

Many answered your question here...handing over the power to legally elected person irrespective of his ethnicity, origin etc.

The same legally elected person has once been found guilty of ' high treason against the state ' and the ' conspiracy at Agartala ' by the legitimate courts of the land , but left because of political reasons . Even though , I think , he should have been handed over the power by the Larkana brigade .

So that is why you defend Shia's. I have Iranian Shia as my friend as well, but facts are facts, you cannot avoid them. It is not a Arab-Iran problem, it is a Muslim problem. Shia and Sunni can never unite, only solution is defeat of one side by the other.

There is 400 million Arabs in the world, majority Sunni and around 80 million Iranians, almost all Shia. Even from a practical long term business point of view, we would have to choose Arab Sunni over Shia Iran. And choosing our Sunni brothers is always better and safer than people who may try to convert or kill us, no?

And Shia's will always help their Shia brothers, while Sunni Arab brothers have been helping us.

In Pakistan, you need to defeat the Shia's, in Bangladesh, we do not have the problem of Shia dominance, luckily, but we need to keep them under watch, because they are the enemy within with a friendly face.

Got CIA bucks in pocket...huh :cheesy: ?

The same legally elected person has once been found guilty of ' high treason against the state ' and the ' conspiracy at Agartala ' by the legitimate courts of the land , but left because of political reasons . Even though , I think , he should have been handed over the power by the Larkana brigade .

No one was proven saint....later Bhutto didn't prove himself to be a right guy as well. It was all their dog fights for power and from my POV both Mujib and Bhutto were power hungry d$gs. Whatsoever, following rules brings peace.

No one was proven saint....later Bhutto didn't prove himself to be a right guy as well. It was all their dog fights for power and from my POV both Mujib and Bhutto were power hungry d$gs. Whatsoever, following rules brings peace.

True . Mr.Bhutto despite being a power hungry dimwit later proved to be somehow good in managing the country , something at which I believe Mujib failed . The politicians were not different in their mentality , but in their approach .
@MBI Munshi Have you say , mate .

Last edited by a moderator:
Got CIA bucks in pocket...huh :cheesy: ?

I have already agreed to Loki, not to derail this thread. If you want to discuss it, we can open a new thread on this subject - If Bangladesh should choose between Sunni Arab and Shia Iran.

True . Mr.Bhutto despite being a power hungry dimwit later proved to be somehow good in managing the country , something at which I believe Mujib failed . The politicians were not different in their mentality , but in their approach .

Losing Eastern wing by his rogue hand Bhutto may have tried to win the heart of masses there. Didn't he fail too?

Bhutto may have brought some good to Pakistan but at the cost of breaking the country first and the same arrogance also got him hanged.

Just looking at the way bengali.. address biharis in this forum and in real life too.
Check only this thread.

Bengalis never pull anybody's leg until being pulled. Throughout history, Bengal housed different race religion and ethnicity and all became part of Bengali Ethnicity. The 3rd generation Biharis are no different. Ask @Md Akmal the bihari and a Bengali hater still likes to identify himself as Bengali. I bet his children does not want to be known as Bihari as well.

Bengalis never pull anybody's leg until being pulled. Throughout history, Bengal housed different race religion and ethnicity and all became part of Bengali Ethnicity. The 3rd generation Biharis are no different. Ask @Md Akmal the bihari and a Bengali hater still likes to identify himself as Bengali. I bet his children does not want to be known as Bihari as well.

In Bengali language there is no word for refugee or mohajir. It is just not in our culture. All kinds get absorbed here into our hospitality.

Losing Eastern wing by his rogue hand Bhutto may have tried to win the heart of masses there. Didn't he fail too?

Bhutto failed and failed badly . His concern for only one wing and not for the United Pakistan cost the state . Was he the sole culprit though ?

Bhutto may have brought some good to Pakistan but at the cost of breaking the country first and the same arrogance also got him hanged.

Isn't the same true for Mujib ?

The Bangabandhu got you a country , alright , but was inept and incompetent in running it , his attitudes towards his political opponents is well known and was later assassinated by a group of soldiers who later ascended to the throne .

As I was telling @Armstrong last night , to criticize thineself is a rare ability .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom