W020130529723582719434.jpg

10361242612434967.jpg

20118301695695997.jpg

13631568426878.jpg

01565887.jpg

53215781D1204295B27D065CA075C091.jpg

Last edited:
What countries are part of East Asia?

China - Japan - Koreas - Vietnam? All countries that uses Chinese characters at one point of their history.

East Asian : China, Japan and Korea...

East Asian is unique, almost all country with majority East Asian ethnic is developed country ( Singapore, Taiwan )
North Korea is special case.. Lol

Vietnam is southeast Asian , while some of them might looks like East Asian , since they share border with China..

@nihonjin what is japanese culture that people praying a statue with a huge d1ck? Do you mind share some history about that culture? I'm just curious because I can't find similar culture from Korea and China.

Also about japanese food, I watch tv show in Indonesia. The host of the show said, originally sushi is from China...

single string musical instrument's work
Vietnamese_musical_instrument_Dan_bau_2.jpg

The đàn bầu (pronounced [ɗǎn ɓə̌w]; "gourd lute"; 彈匏) also đàn độc huyền (or độc huyền cầm) is a Vietnamesemonochord, or one-string guitar

The duxianqin (, pinyin: dúxiánqín; lit. "lone string zither", pronounced [tǔ ɕi̯ɛ̌n tɕʰǐn]), also yixianqin (弦琴, lit. "one string zither"), is a Chinese plucked string instrument with only one string.

The duxianqin is nearly identical to the Vietnamese đàn bầu, from which it is likely to have been derived. Chinese sources describe đàn độc huyền as being an instrument of the Jing (also spelled Gin or Kinh) ethnic group of China, who are ethnic Vietnamese living in China[1] It is still sometimes played by these ethnic groups. Sometimes the body of the instrument is made from a large tube of bamboo rather than wood, which is more common in Vietnam.

Last edited:
What countries are part of East Asia?

China - Japan - Koreas - Vietnam? All countries that uses Chinese characters at one point of their history.

Vietnam is both South and East, as we located at hinge of Indo - China , indochina peninsula.

bro, that thread seems to be dedicated for countries as china, japan and korea. we should stay out. let them.

I would personally be happy to read about Vietnamese culture on this thread. I guess, in terms of cultural influence (both ways), Vietnam is as East Asian as it is Southeast Asian.

Last edited:
Mahathir Mohammad makes me confused with his East Asian Community that means Asean + China, Japan, South Korea..etc :crazy:, sorry if I spoil the thread though :partay:

single string musical instrument's work
Vietnamese_musical_instrument_Dan_bau_2.jpg

The đàn bầu (pronounced [ɗǎn ɓə̌w]; "gourd lute"; 彈匏) also đàn độc huyền (or độc huyền cầm) is a Vietnamesemonochord, or one-string guitar

The duxianqin (, pinyin: dúxiánqín; lit. "lone string zither", pronounced [tǔ ɕi̯ɛ̌n tɕʰǐn]), also yixianqin (弦琴, lit. "one string zither"), is a Chinese plucked string instrument with only one string.

The duxianqin is nearly identical to the Vietnamese đàn bầu, from which it is likely to have been derived. Chinese sources describe đàn độc huyền as being an instrument of the Jing (also spelled Gin or Kinh) ethnic group of China, who are ethnic Vietnamese living in China[1] It is still sometimes played by these ethnic groups. Sometimes the body of the instrument is made from a large tube of bamboo rather than wood, which is more common in Vietnam.

I love the YouTube video you post .... :yahoo:

Geographically no, but Vietnam culture is part of East Asia Confucian culture sphere, history can prove it.

I agree with you Ed. Vietnam is unique because it was heavily influenced by Confucian society. Afterall, there was a time wherein Vietnam was part of the Sinosphere for an entire millennia.

Mahathir Mohammad makes me confused with his East Asian Community that means Asean + China, Japan, South Korea..etc :crazy:, sorry if I spoil the thread though :partay:

Don't worry about it bro, always good to see how culturally linked we all are ! :)

@nihonjin what is japanese culture that people praying a statue with a huge d1ck? Do you mind share some history about that culture? I'm just curious because I can't find similar culture from Korea and China.

That is a Shinto Festival known as かなまら祭り~ Kana Mara Matsuri, the festival is celebrated during the month of April and there is a Shinto association of the shrine to a happy marriage , protection from ill relationships. @Phukimak , I would post pictures but it is quite graphic so i would rather encourage you and others to google it instead.

I agree with you Ed. Vietnam is unique because it was heavily influenced by Confucian society. Afterall, there was a time wherein Vietnam was part of the Sinosphere for an entire millennia.

Yes, let's leave it at that. We were like a couple but now divorced, and now it's all been the past. Vietnamese nowaday want nothing that resembles "Chinese" . Any celebration we may have had similar to Chinese is Vietnamized. Appreciate your leaving us our of East-Asia crap.

Back
Top Bottom