calligraphy.jpg

=============================
East Asian Calligraphy Art

Korean:

1000x1000.jpg

Japanese:

koten006[1].jpg

Most people eat in Pakistan with their hands too ! :)

Some people eat the rice with their hands.

I eat rice and many other food with my hand (just my right not both btw).. But that depends on what are the complements on the table though. I'll go with my hand if it just roasted fish or fried chicken (hand is the best tool to separate the bones :-) ). But if there's a broth pour on the rice, I'll use spoon. Then it'll be hand + spoon collaboration. LOL :lol:

East Asian Calligraphy Art

Chinese:

calligraphy.jpg

This is the authentic copy of "寒食帖" (Cold Food Festival) written by Su Shi (苏轼) in the year of A.D. 1082, now kept in National Palace Museum, Taipei, Taiwan. One of the most valuable calligraphy art masterpieces.

This is the authentic copy of "寒食帖" (Cold Food Festival) written by Su Shi (苏轼) in the year of A.D. 1082, now kept in National Palace Museum, Taipei, Taiwan. One of the most valuable calligraphy art masterpieces.

Here is another one:

227.1996##S[1].jpg

The three inscriptions read:

Centre: The Shrine of Heaven illuminating great-august-God

Left: Kasuga, the great illuminating God

Right: Hachiman, the great Bodhisattva.

Hakuin is revered as one of the great teachers of the Rinzai sect of Zen Buddhism and is particularly known for his bold and emphatic large characters which reveal great expressive power, reflecting the spontaneous and subjective aspirations that are at the heart of Zen philosophy. The harmony between the complementary ideologies of Buddhism and the native Shinto is perfectly illustrated in this calligraphy, with its synthesis of Buddhist and Shinto messages, written by a Buddhist monk. The central line refers to Amaterasu, the principal female deity of Shinto mythology, deified as the sun goddess. Kasuga is the patron deity of the most powerful clan in Heian Japan, the Fujiwara. Hachiman is another popular Shinto deity, the god of war, who protects warriors and was adopted as the patron god of the Minamoto clan. In this scroll Hakuin has given Hachiman the Buddhist title of Maha-Bodhisattva, the great being of wisdom.

Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine

East Asian Medicine (also known as Traditional Chinese Medicine) is a system of healing that originated over 3000 years ago and continues to be a well respected form of medicine in today's modern world. The cornerstone of traditional East Asian medicine is the recognition that our health is not simply freedom from disease, but rather maintaining balance within ourselves and creating an equilibrium with the environment around us. It has become popular in the United States through one of its most well known and well used branches, Acupuncture. In Addition to Acupuncture, East Asian Medicine encompasses many modalities: Chinese herbal formulas, moxa, cupping, gua sha, tui na, auricular, electro-acupuncture, lifestyle guidelines and nutrition. East Asian Medicine provides a safe and effective medicine that enhances the body's ability to heal itself and maintain balance.

Acupuncture is one modality of traditional East Asian medicine. Acupuncture therapies are used to treat acute infectious illness such as colds, fever, flu, bronchitis, and sinusitis; chronic conditions including digestive, respiratory, cardiac, dermatological, gynecological, urinary and musculoskeletal problems; as well as any condition involving pain. Research has advanced in the last decade proving acupuncture is effective in treating headache, neck, back and knee pain, nausea and vomiting whether related to illness, chemotherapy or a result of surgery and surgical medication. Inflammatory conditions such as allergic rhinitis, recurrent urinary tract infections and prostatitis are responsive to acupuncture. Research continues to verify the value of acupuncture and East Asian medicine as part of integrative medicine.

The Center’s acupuncture team incorporates Traditional and Classical Chinese & Japanese medicine including Gua sha, Tui na, Herbal Medicine and recommendations regarding food and activity from a traditional East Asian perspective of temperature and balance.

shiatsu_massage.jpg

acupuntura1.1.jpg

5351fed0e4b0e85fd91f3f03

china-tcm-man2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom