What's new

Earthquake felt in Peshawar and Islamabad

mjnaushad

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Earthquake in Peshawar and Islamabad.

It was felt first in Peshawar (As i was talking to a friend there and he told me that he felt an earthquake and 12 sec later i felt it in Islamabad so i guess the center of this is somewhere In Afghanistan side.

In Lahore as well. Magnitude 6.2

It was quite powerful, May Allah have mercy on us!

Just in, richer scale reading 6.2. Let's pray and hope for best, In Sha Allah.

Natural disaster: 4.8 earthquake hits Abbottabad, Peshawar – The Express Tribune

ISLAMABAD: A 4.8 magnitude earthquake jolted Abbottabad, Peshawar and surrounding areas in the early hours of Friday, said officials of the Meteorological Department.
The earthquake occurred at around 12:30am and its epicentre was the border area of Pakistan and Afghanistan. However, no casualty or loss of property was reported.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 28th, 2012.

6.2 magnitude earthquake felt in Islamabad, nearby cities – The Express Tribune

ISLAMABAD: A 6.2 magnitude earthquake shook parts of Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa on Thursday.
The tremors were felt for 35 seconds around 7:01pm.
The earthquake was felt in the capital Islamabad, Lahore, Faisalabad, Peshawar, Abbottabad, Sargodha, Chitral and Haripur

I wish the parliament buiding gets destroyed in the next earthquake...at least we get rid of the traitors within the country......Ameen.......:)

Yes no damages has been reported yet...I guess it was not that powerful.....but our sins are too worst than that.....:smokin:

Just ignore the troll.....He is just ashamed of his real country ......

The quake grew stronger, three different readings.
Peshawar sector: About 4.8 recorded.
Islamabad sector: About 5.2 recorded.
Lahore sector: About 6.2 recorded.

The intensity grew away from epicenter.

The quake grew stronger, three different readings.
Peshawar sector: About 4.8 recorded.
Islamabad sector: About 5.2 recorded.
Lahore sector: About 6.2 recorded.

The intensity grew away from epicenter.

But I can confirm from Peshawar to Islamabad it took it 12 sec to reach....... Man i wish we had trains this fast :) . It was awesome experience I had today

Back
Top Bottom