What's new

Duterte to Obama: Don’t lecture me on rights, PH not a US colony

but you are if your on American side. it means you are fine with Filipino girls being raped by American soldiers.

What the heck? Are you people really that stupid?

I may have positive views of Americans, but that doesn't mean I condone rape crimes committed by them!!

Duterte maybe big loud, but that because he was a working cannon not bunch politician with their BS. Philippine should proud with Duterte, he is not just simply their leader, but Philipinos strong man.

Very well said, buddy. I admire his courage.

People call him a raving egotist; I think he is strong and can lead Philippines well.

There is a difference in being strong/courageous and being straight up rude. Using words like the ones he used, even when he is frustrated, is not something a leader should do. One can be a strong leader while still using diplomatic/polite words.

Examples? Putin is 100% against the US. Does he ever use words like "your mom's a whore"? No. But he is what people would consider a strong man. Xi Jinping also never used such words yet he is also a very strong and respected leader. Lee Kuan Yew was also a great strong leader and he never used such curse words.

Being a "working cannon" doesn't excuse you from being disrespectful and rude. When you are supposed to be the face of your country, you are expected to be polite and respectful to other leaders, no matter how frustrated or mad you are.

There is a difference in being strong/courageous and being straight up rude. Using words like the ones he used, even when he is frustrated, is not something a leader should do. One can be a strong leader while still using diplomatic/polite words.

Examples? Putin is 100% against the US. Does he ever use words like "your mom's a whore"? No. But he is what people would consider a strong man. Xi Jinping also never used such words yet he is also a very strong and respected leader. Lee Kuan Yew was also a great strong leader and he never used such curse words.

Being a "working cannon" doesn't excuse you from being disrespectful and rude. When you are supposed to be the face of your country, you are expected to be polite and respectful to other leaders, no matter how frustrated or mad you are.

Concur 100%. I am afraid of where Filipinos head to - under this man's leadership. God help the Philippines.

he is not frustrated, he got elected based on certain persona and he is going to cultivate that persona to remain popular. What works in one country(voters) may not work in others.
Its similar in many countries, dumb people are fighting back by electing a person who acts/talks a bit like them... :)

I agree with you on that. His words seem harsh but you have to see where he comes from. Philippines isn't Russia or China or India and is facing insurmountable challenges in the diplomacy arena. The president has tried to take down crime lords and drug ring in a ruthless and effective way and is facing with repeated veiled threats in the form of your typical 'threat to human rights', 'cruel' and other such slogans that UN and other useless agencies make up to deter a strong leader in the developing world.

Russia or China don't need to take such words because they are superpowers. They are just too big to be bullied by UN or other agencies while Philippines is not.

Still Duterte can improve himself by being more composed and effective.

I may have positive views of Americans, but that doesn't mean I condone rape crimes committed by them!!
It is a simplistic association from a simple mind. It would not take much to reverse the argument using China and see how much atrocious behaviors from China one can attach to any Chinese supporter.

I agree with you on that. His words seem harsh but you have to see where he comes from. Philippines isn't Russia or China or India and is facing insurmountable challenges in the diplomacy arena. The president has tried to take down crime lords and drug ring in a ruthless and effective way and is facing with repeated veiled threats in the form of your typical 'threat to human rights', 'cruel' and other such slogans that UN and other useless agencies make up to deter a strong leader in the developing world.

Russia or China don't need to take such words because they are superpowers. They are just too big to be bullied by UN or other agencies while Philippines is not.

Still Duterte can improve himself by being more composed and effective.

Indonesia has a problem with drug dealers. Mexico is literally full with drug cartels. Both countries are non superpowers and both are taking care of this problem without resorting to extra-judicial killings.

Both has a task force of somesort to hunt these drug lords, send them to court, and imprison them. In Indonesia's case, they also sentence these drug lords to death and tons of countries, the UN, and worthless NGOs also say that Indonesia violates human rights because of that.

Difference is the president of Indonesia do not resort into cursing when called out by other leaders. They simply say: "We have a law for this. We have warned everyone who enter our country that drug offences could get you a death sentence. We have sent them to court and they have been proven guilty in our law. So, they will be executed. Please do not interfere with our domestic business."

That shows strength with character. No need for cursing, no need for state sanctioned extra-judicial killings, no need of ruining international relations. Drug problem starts to get solved, the noisy worthless organizations get shut up, the president shows that he is a strong, polite, and respectable leader. The way Duterte does things is very unnecessary.

Last edited:

But by associating with potential rapists, troublemakers directly, indirectly or morally, it is considered supporting the aforementioned

But by associating with potential rapists, troublemakers directly, indirectly or morally, it is considered supporting the aforementioned

So I guess you people always think of black-and-white morality, accusing me of supporting rapist just because I have positive opinion of the US.

You accuses me of supporting rapists, Beast accuses me of being a race traitor...I wonder, what will the next Chinese member will accuse me of?

It is a simplistic association from a simple mind. It would not take much to reverse the argument using China and see how much atrocious behaviors from China one can attach to any Chinese supporter.

Jlaw accuse me of supporting/condoning rapists, Beast accuses me of being a race traitor...I wonder, what will the next Chinese member will accuse me of?

Its funny that you use the word “associating” here, because in logic, the name for your fallacious and dubious reasoning is actually called “The Association Fallacy”. Please read on that logical concept carefully before continuing with your rhetoric. Although, people without any sense of logic will not be able to comprehend that logical concept.

But Reagan called Gorbachev as one. Yet, he is still respected and highly missed by a certain segment of US citizens.

It is all about the context. The fact is that Xi Jinping or Lee Kuanyew had never had to resort to such rhetoric because they are/were in different geopolitical situations.

I believe Duterte used political insult rather selectively, and strategically. His later remarks on US colonialism and PH not being a lap-dog of the US affirms his strategy.

He only set up the ground by the remark in PH language.

Its funny that you use the word “associating” here, because in logic, the name for your fallacious and dubious reasoning is actually called “The Association Fallacy”. Please read on that logical concept carefully before continuing with your rhetoric. Although, people without any sense of logic will not be able to comprehend that logical concept.

I even wonder why the PDF Chinese Platoon accuse me of condoning rape and a race traitor just because of I have a positive view of Americans.

Just because I have such views doesn't mean that I am blind and turning a blind eye to the crimes of the Americans.

What is very insulting is Beast went on and turned the whole thing personal, calling me out as a race traitor despite that he has no idea who I am outside of PDF and other Chinese members and an Indonesian jump in to Beast's bandwagon.

It's easy to see who the teenagers and/ or immature posters are on this forum- those who are cheering profanities used by a national leader in public.

If you guys think that this is a sign of independance, b@lls or attitude, it's actually a sign of trash talking and vulgarity from a seemingly unbalanced mind, and does no favours to the Philippines, a country with very decent people.
Trash talking is used by people who are pretty emotional and have been pushed to the limit and who says, "enough is enough".

I even wonder why the PDF Chinese Platoon accuse me of condoning rape and a race traitor just because of I have a positive view of Americans.

Just because I have such views doesn't mean that I am blind and turning a blind eye to the crimes of the Americans.

What is very insulting is Beast went on and turned the whole thing personal, calling me out as a race traitor despite that he has no idea who I am outside of PDF and other Chinese members and an Indonesian jump in to Beast's bandwagon.
The PLA is corrupt. If any PDF Chinese support the PLA, that mean he supports corruption. Simple as that.

I do not think that way.

The US Army is corrupt both morally and politically. Hence, some members will be remained concerned of their presence, be it in the PH, JP or SK.

Mr. Duterte has made a considerable impact on what was unspoken before.

He might have as well paved the way for the further emergence of such politicians in East Asia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom