What's new

Dubai pardons Norwegian woman accused of adultery

Crime is crime. One incident and whole world starts bashing the Arab world as if they are most uncivilized.

The thing is that we must disagree with the implementation of Sharia law in Uae, but many people in the west just pretend to be very civilized after making this incident as an excuse.

However, Dubai must do something about its laws now.

No one's excusing the crime rate in the West, and neither did i label Arab world uncivilized.

Re-read my previous posts, they were on topic.

Chicago's and L.A.'s crime rate has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Save that for the relevant threads.

A girl gets raped, and there are no four witnesses, and she ends up being in jail for being raped. Is that justifiable?

No one's excusing the crime rate in the West, and neither did i label Arab world uncivilized.

Re-read my previous posts, they were on topic.

Chicago's and L.A.'s crime rate has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Save that for the relevant threads.

A girl gets raped, and there are no four witnesses, and she ends up being in jail for being raped. Is that justifiable?

absolutely not and this should be condemned and anyone who even tries to justify it should be considered complicit in it.

Does my religion being bad make Sharia good? If so, I gladly give you what you want.

Again play of words?
I speak again...who decides what the 'right sense' is. Many Islamic scholars say suicide bombing is great, many condemn it. Who is to be believed as to what the 'right sense' is.

No same scholar has said tht.. infact majority including the Imam of Kabba has issued a fatwa against it...

In the end, these Islamic laws - that say that 4 Muslim males are required to testify that a girl was raped imply something VERY clearly.
According to it, Non Muslims and Women are lesser beings.

Again BS... one or two retards dnt make a difference.. DNA test is still admissible in Pakistan,UAE and even in KSA...

Great laws of God I tell you.

Yes ... a bunch of retards represent God... maybe in india... where u can beat a low caste woman to death for feeding a high caste mans dog.

That's Sharia for you :devil:

i didnt know that UAE was a shariah country, any source please?

i thought UAE was secular

The law of God - Sharia at work again !

the women get raped in india, esp the white skinned westerners

if we work on your stereotypical deducing ways we can say that its those ugly black indians raping fair skinned women

but then it will be called racism isnt it?

same as your comments can be called islamophobic comments?

you had a good credibility before malaymishra

sorry to say but your credibility has become zero over few months

its better you become inactive and use your brain energy positively

Your posts are as pathetic as urself... according to sharia... the punishment of rape is death... while here u are ranting like a fool ... and mixing the corrupt judicial system of UAE with sharia law... which is not even implemented in the real sense..

And how many death sentences actually happen there for rape under Sharia law? This is not something new for most countries in middle-east to charge rape victims for adultery. No matter how much advocates of sharia law portray Sharia law as protector of women rights, the fact is sharia law, like most other ancient law or religious law, doesn't treat women as equal. That's because thousand years back women were not considered at per with men in almost all civilizations, and all the religious laws were written as per the common social standards in those times. I strongly believe at this time nobody should mindlessly try to implement something that was relevant for an ancient civilization. Human beings evolved through constant changes.

The bigger problem is that Sharia itself is open to interpretations, and this was discussed in details by Muslims only in PDF itself. So, when you talk about implementing Sharia in "real sense"...question comes to mind is "Which Sharia"? Is it the Talibani version or the Wahabi version which they consider as pure and the best, or more moderate version of Sharia? I strongly believe it is disgusting to keep half of our population as uneducated caged animals just because they are women, but some of the flag-bearers of "pure" Islam demand that this is as per Sharia!

My point is, are we so incapable of making laws that is relevant to our society, that we have to implement a thousand+ years old law just because it is part of a religion? Not only Sharia, all religious law have similar problem, for example, last year an Indian women died in Ireland as she was denied abortion that could save her life, all because Ireland is a Catholic country and abortion is prohibited there even if the doctors know that only an abortion can save life.

Well and good. Doesnt seem to have taken out the fervour of self explosions in many Muslims though. They still explode shouting allahu akbar. Perhaps they are atheists though.

Using Islam for political goals... again a minority in a population of almost 2 billion muslims worldwide?

That is good to know. On this very forum, the news was posted about the Council Of Islamic Ideology(CII) on Pakistan saying DNA test is not acceptable.

Read my previous post... there are nuts in every religion,society,country etc... ours are not an exception..

So tell me, does the Shariah law have it that 4 Male Muslim witnesses are required to prove whether a girl was raped or not?

Again taking things out of context... Islam also teaches the importance of education.. wonder why? maybe ur bigoted mind cant think logically..

Ofcourse.

Good for you.

the women get raped in india, esp the white skinned westerners

if we work on your stereotypical deducing ways we can say that its those ugly black indians raping fair skinned women

but then it will be called racism isnt it?

same as your comments can be called islamophobic comments?

you had a good credibility before malaymishra

sorry to say but your credibility has become zero over few months

its better you become inactive and use your brain energy positively

I dont deny my statement was provocative. But they were intended to make members here ask for change from these Sharia laws to Universal Secular Laws...in countries like Pakistan itself.

The only reason for this being that I find many Pakistani members here say 'more Islam' and 'more Islamization' is needed to counter the ill effects of the previous 'Islamization efforts'.

I hope you get my drift.
Regardless..Apology for being so direct and I remove my previous posts.

You need holy horse without lubrication.

Oh you come back like a sniveling child and totally naked.

Please, if you worship the Arab world so much that it makes you oblivious to their shortcomings, keep worshiping.

This is a serious forum and trash should not be tolerated.

have a nice day.

And how many death sentences actually happen there for rape under Sharia law?

Again in which country is the law being applied?
This is not something new for most countries in middle-east to charge rape victims for adultery. No matter how much advocates of sharia law portray Sharia law as protector of women rights, the fact is sharia law, like most other ancient law or religious law, doesn't treat women as equal. That's because thousand years back women were not considered at per with men in almost all civilizations, and all the religious laws were written as per the common social standards in those times. I strongly believe at this time nobody should mindlessly try to implement something that was relevant for an ancient civilization. Human beings evolved through constant changes.

Islam was the first religion to actually emphasis the rights of women..

The bigger problem is that Sharia itself is open to interpretations, and this was discussed in details by Muslims only in PDF itself. So, when you talk about implementing Sharia in "real sense"...question comes to mind is "Which Sharia"? Is it the Talibani version or the Wahabi version which they consider as pure and the best, or more moderate version of Sharia? I strongly believe it is disgusting to keep half of our population as uneducated caged animals just because they are women, but some of the flag-bearers of "pure" Islam demand that this is as per Sharia!

Rants... only if u knew even 1% about Islam... wahabi,taliban etc all bs... what does the Holy Quran say? what does it say abt education,rights of women etc? if u dnt have any knowledge abt Islam its better you keep shut or atleast educate urself abt it before making such ignorant claims... which by the way u heard from some fool or read on some anti Islamic website..

My point is, are we so incapable of making laws that is relevant to our society, that we have to implement a thousand+ years old law just because it is part of a religion? Not only Sharia, all religious law have similar problem, for example, last year an Indian women died in Ireland as she was denied abortion that could save her life, all because Ireland is a Catholic country and abortion is prohibited there even if the doctors know that only a abortion can save life.

Read my reply above.

You need holy horse without lubrication.

Can u stop being an apologist for a few moments? learn to see the world through neutral lens..

Rants... only if u knew even 1% about Islam... wahabi,taliban etc all bs... what does the Holy Quran say? what does it say abt education,rights of women etc? if u dnt have any knowledge abt Islam its better you keep shut or atleast educate urself abt it before making such ignorant claims... which by the way u heard from some fool or read on some anti Islamic website..

I think he has a point. Taliban justify their actions as per the Quran and so does Alqaeda.

There are so many meanings of Islam and Quran that their respective opponents call each other kafirs.

I think its up to the state to declare one interpretation which is very difficult.

I think he has a point. Taliban justify their actions as per the Quran and so does Alqaeda.

There are so many meanings of Islam and Quran that their respective opponents call each other kafirs.

I think its up to the state to declare one interpretation which is very difficult.

Sir they quote specific versis abt jihad.. talking them out of context... nowhere in Quran does God tell us to blow urself,kill innocent,multilate dead bodies,blow up schools,target mosques n markets... or even lash people...even the call for jihad can only be announced by the govt not a bunch of bastards who cant even write their names.... taliban are a bunch of bastards,criminals thts all...

Sir they quote specific versis abt jihad.. talking them out of context... nowhere in Quran does God tell us to blow urself,kill innocent,multilate dead bodies,blow up schools,target mosques n markets... or even lash people...even the call for jihad can only be announced by the govt not a bunch of bastards who cant even write their names.... taliban are a bunch of bastards,criminals thts all...

You have a right to your opinion, but I cannot agree. Many extremist scholars justify such acts and say that these are acts of war against the enemy.

Lets agree to disagree.

No where.. in the right sense its not being implemented anywhere in the muslim world... accordimg to Islam its compulsory for both men n women to get education... and yes back in those times witnesses were important as there was no DNA test or other forensic means... but now times have changed... and yes ask an educated islamic scholar n he will agree with DNA tests etc... its only the turds using it as a political tool to save their behinds ... and educated but intentionally blind mudslinging "kafirs" like urself who use the invalid n stupid bs of those retards to score a few brownie points... now take a look at your religion... it still practises stuff like beastiality,brothers sharing wives n whatnot... n till a few decades burning widows was also a favourite passtime... thanks to the british who banned it..

Again in which country is the law being applied?

Islam was the first religion to actually emphasis the rights of women..

Surely it was ranting...anything posted by any Indian must be ranting...absolutely. You interpret Quran & Sharia as per your educated understanding of it, that's why you are talking about women education & liberty etc. What you know about Quran or what Quran actually says is not the cause of concern, important issue is what is being implemented & practiced in the name of Islam. You might say Taliban & Wahabi etc all BS....but so what?? Concern is that these people are running countries that are richer & economically much more influential than your country, and they claim their version of Islam is "pure"!! And they are spending money like water to spread that version of Islam. You don't know that? Since you can't do much about it, easier way is to deny it.

When some non-Muslim criticizes Islam for practices followed by Muslims in some countries, instead of bashing that person you should raise your voice against those Muslims who are wrongly interpreting & practicing it and maligning the religion, and stop them from damaging the religion.

And you are right, I didn't read Quran, so I don't know 1% about Islam, I mean the real one...what I have learned about Islam is by seeing the practices in place, and brutal practices draw more attention. But you are also not a scholar of Hinduism either, otherwise you wouldn't have written those last two underlined lines, right?

Thanks for understanding and not making it an India vs Pakistan or Hindu vs Muslim issue.

Back
Top Bottom