What's new

Dubai Airshow 2011

everybody is talking about the JF-17 in the Arabic forums. And also the new statements from our new defense chief saying that he will completely rebuild the entire Saudi Military from scratch makes one optimistic of us getting the JF-17 for the CAS rule since the Land Forces are looking to open their own air wing.

Very very doubtful , specially when better options are available to new arm of the SLF.

Egypt has 220+ F-16s already, i don't see any reason why Israel would pressure the US not to give us more, plus the US embassy in Egypt denied all of that stuff Statement on the Release of Ilan Grapel | EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES CAIRO, EGYPT

What are the capabilities of your current F-16? ... ... Seems Egypt has 20 Block 52. Israel has 102 of the same block. Even if we assume the 52 have the same capability, the numbers favour Israel AND THERE IS YOUR REASON WHY THEY COULD REFUSE TO SELL YOU MORE. I am not say they refused, I am saying I can see a reason why the could refuse.

What are the capabilities of your current F-16? ... ... Seems Egypt has 20 Block 52. Israel has 102 of the same block. Even if we assume the 52 have the same capability, the numbers favour Israel AND THERE IS YOUR REASON WHY THEY COULD REFUSE TO SELL YOU MORE. I am not say they refused, I am saying I can see a reason why the could refuse.

Not forget, Egyptian 220 F-16s without BVRs, Israel easily to destroy them. US know it very well and played with Egypt for long times.
They will miss opportunity JF-17 Block 2 including everythings. ;)

True, but no body knows :-)... Israel F-16s are far more superior than Egypts or any other countries F-16s as far as i know.

Very good display of agility by JFT but only for those who understand the word, not those who consider quick barrel roles, vertical climb as agility. The presenter was impressed when he called it very agile aircraft. By the way, the F-16 and 15 seem quick because they push full afterburner while maneuvering whereas JFt does not, still its agility is remarkable. Notice EF smoke which is due to half burn fuel not because of dirty fuel. Same goes for JFT.

Not forget, Egyptian 220 F-16s without BVRs, Israel easily to destroy them. US know it very well and played with Egypt for long times.
They will miss opportunity JF-17 Block 2 including everythings. ;)
I can not say easily, but it is a huge advantage for Israel. Egypt is restricted by the US to aquire aim-120 unless they sign some kind of agreement that the Egyptian Army doesn't want to sign for some reason. I don't recall the agreement at this moment, but i know India refused to sign it too.

I can not say easily, but it is a huge advantage for Israel. Egypt is restricted by the US to aquire aim-120 unless they sign some kind of agreement that the Egyptian Army doesn't want to sign for some reason. I don't recall the agreement at this moment, but i know India refused to sign it too.

Incorrect, India doesn't have F-16s vice versa and didn't choose MMRCA F-16s bids, currently they use Russian jets. Egypt refused to sign CISMOA agreements and participate to use against Iran wars.

Both Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Sami Anan and Air Marshal Reda will express concern over releasability issues and frustration with Egypt’s inability to procure restricted weapons systems. Some systems are not releasable because of Egyptian refusal to sign the necessary agreement (CISMOA) providing end-use assurances and ensuring proper protection of certain U.S. origin technology. Releasability is of special concern to the EAF as they prepare to purchase 24 F-16 aircraft that will require a costly retrofit with less-advanced weapons systems. Since 2006, the Department of State has notified Congress of six potential end-use violations by the Egyptian military. We are currently investigating two additional cases, one involving the visit of a Chinese military official to an F-16 facility on an Egyptian Air Force base. Other systems are either not releasable to any country or denied for political reasons, mainly due to concerns regarding Israel’s Qualitative Military Edge (QME). We should stress that decisions to release advanced weapons system are made on a country-by-country basis, but signing a CISMOA and expanding cooperation on current regional threats would be welcomed steps to our dialogue on releasability.”

Incorrect, India doesn't have F-16s vice versa and didn't choose MMRCA F-16s bids, currently they use Russian jets. Egypt refused to sign CISMOA agreements and participate to use against Iran wars.
I wasn't saying India has F-16s, i was saying that Egypt was rejected Aim-120 because they refused to sign the agreement(CISMOA), and because i forgot the name of the agreement i said it is the same agreement India refused to sign. You just told me the agreement name, so thank you

UncJQ.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

1G6lc.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

NPHSZ.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

UKqA8.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

3yfok.jpg

I wasn't saying India has F-16s, i was saying that Egypt was rejected Aim-120 because they refused to sign the agreement(CISMOA), and because i forgot the name of the agreement i said it is the same agreement India refused to sign. You just told me the agreement name, so thank you

Although you may know better but I do not think the AIM-120 clearance for Egypt was tied to the signing of CISMOA. It had more to do with a lack of clearance to sell the AMRAAMs to Egypt due to the pressure applied by Israel's friends in the US.

The EAF with a BVR capability in the AMRAAM class would seriously erode Israeli edge in the BVR arena. At least all of my own readings have been along this line instead of the CISMOA angle.

Although you may know better but I do not think the AIM-120 clearance for Egypt was tied to the signing of CISMOA. It had more to do with a lack of clearance to sell the AMRAAMs to Egypt due to the pressure applied by Israel's friends in the US.

The EAF with a BVR capability in the AMRAAM class would seriously erode Israeli edge in the BVR arena. At least all of my own readings have been along this line instead of the CISMOA angle.
Might be true, but i really don't know!! When you buy your arms from your enemy's best friend, it is hard to be picky :-).

No way, even the major overhaul of K-8Es is done by Pakistanis... They simply cant handle the technology of a 4th gen fighter.

This is not true. Egyptians have a pretty significant infrastructure set up and they operate with the Chinese hardware under the same understanding as Pakistan, which is to focus on local assembly and maintenance of equipment. PAC has not done any work for Egyptian Air Force in the recent years at least, unless you meant that Pakistani officials support these aircraft in Egypt, which is even less likely.

Is it not that Kamra decided to build a JF-17 production line but not a K-8? If you use the same logic, you should have concluded that Pakistan cannot build the JF-17 because they do not build the K-8.

Pakistan has had excellent experience in maintaining and upgrading western equipment... Building a K-8 or purchasing it is a matter of feasibility and for a make-or-buy compromise.

Back
Top Bottom