What's new

Dubai Airshow 2011

not even F-16 which landed before it!!!

Is that sarcasm I detect? F-16s dont need it, they are very rarely ever seen deploying their chutes.The Thunder on the other hand has always been seen deploying the chute after landing much like all the other Chinese aircraft.

Am I the only one who noticed that there was no chute deployed by the Thunder after landing.....? Check 35:48 onward.

it was not needed dear why he open it runway was too long empty and he land smooth

it was not needed dear why he open it runway was too long empty and he land smooth

Sir the landings were smooth and the runways were long before as well. I first thought that it might have to do with the clean configuration but in the pic below the bird is clean as well:

jjjjjjj.jpg

ps: I might be looking too much into it though.

Are you sure ?

Well my friend i ll be glad if I am wrong!!! but its true that all the major overhauls if K-8Es are done by Pakistan.... and to acquire expertise for ToT of JF-17 will take long time.

No way, even the major overhaul of K-8Es is done by Pakistanis... They simply cant handle the technology of a 4th gen fighter.

Are you sure ?

I disagree. There is no such problem in setting up a production or assembly line in Egypt. There will be Pakistani and Chinese personnel stationed there in such a facility who would train, guide and help the Egyptians until they can do it themselves. I dont see complete production happening in Egypt 1) due to safeguarding whatever important secrets are there in the bird and 2) achieving complete production would take a lot of time and still some manufacturing capabilities needed for producing certain parts would just not be there (as is the case in Pakistan too right now). Setting up an assembly line will not be that big a pickle.

What I see is that an assembly line will be set up there and in the beginning kits would be sent to Egypt for assembly. Then as time would progress production of many non-critical parts would start in Egypt with the critical parts still being produced and sent from Pakistan and China for final assembly.

ps: Overhauling is different and more tedious than assembling kits. And also they can handle any technology as long as they are taught well, anyone can. Learning and doing it all by yourself is whats difficult.

Back
Top Bottom