What's new

Dubai Air Show: IAF's Tejas stuns audience with superior flying skills

Reaction score
Country
India
DNA Video Team | Updated: Nov 15, 2021, 12:30 PM IST

1005394-airshow.jpg

The Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas showcased superior flying skills on the first day of the Dubai Air Show on November 14. The air show kicked off at Al Maktoum airport in Dubai.

Video link

The Tejas performance regime is just like a mirages. Slow take off and turns, lots of energy lost in turns due to drag from the delta wing design. It can’t do more than a turn or two in succession. Poor for A2A roles.

However due to the composite construction and the delta wing giving plenty of wing strength and lift, the aircraft can likely carry more than something like the JF-17, making it better for A2G roles.

Lastly, it turns out the Indians have been lying about the thrust produced by Tejas’ engine, they’ve been saying it’s “90KN+” for decades, meanwhile GE confirmed recently that the thrust produced is exactly the same as the JF-17 thunder, 84KN. So no advantages there either. JF-17 remains more maneuverable but has less lift and payload.

Skills or capability? Do they have some Neuro Bond define under some linguistic such as where aircraft has skills now. I thought skills belongs to living while machine has the capability let alone fantasy wording for Tejas.

Skills or capability? Do they have some Neuro Bond define under some linguistic such as where aircraft has skills now. I thought skills belongs to living while machine has the capability let alone fantasy wording for Tejas.
For Indians even objects got the status of Devtas so no surprise here expect they declare Tejas one of the Avtars..... :hitwall:

Well what do you know, the performance by Tejas was so stunning and classified that they decided not to even include it in the footage.
In fact that has even left me stunned.

Dive and crashed! :enjoy:
Which world do you live in dude.
Tejas performs a manouver called the F-1
No other aircraft can perform that in the world as its only meant to be done by a car.

Now since you all been so helpful and observant in all the feed back comments
"Tejas spokesman" may be heart broken. I thought Tejas start performing "Cobra manoeuvre" all of a sudden hence the article but not to be. 😁. Plane which took decades to built and fly and with the assistance of so many Western countries and then even IAF refused to use it. Fascist Modi the guru of the clouds and the master blaster of the surgical strikes still forced IAF to use them and they got stuck with them like an unwanted pregnancy.
Indians can sing and praise as much as they like but fact of the matter is their is nothing special about the plane other then it has got a name, pair of wings attached to the fuselage and can fly.
Indians are so critical of the Chinese quality and mall JF 17, but our Chinese Mall have been sold to few countries and is battle proven. While so called ancient Indian civilization manufactured quality product is still getting dusty while sitting on the shelves. Tejas may go down in the history books even with the Bollywood sunny delights the plane still couldn't be resuscitated. Imagine if Karina Kapoor have the choice to appear alongside the Rafale or Tejas which plane she will choose to preserve her market value lol.

Now since you all been so helpful and observant in all the feed back comments
"Tejas spokesman" may be heart broken. I thought Tejas start performing "Cobra manoeuvre" all of a sudden hence the article but not to be. 😁. Plane which took decades to built and fly and with the assistance of so many Western countries and then even IAF refused to use it. Fascist Modi the guru of the clouds and the master blaster of the surgical strikes still forced IAF to use them and they got stuck with them like an unwanted pregnancy.
Indians can sing and praise as much as they like but fact of the matter is their is nothing special about the plane other then it has got a name, pair of wings attached to the fuselage and can fly.
Indians are so critical of the Chinese quality and mall JF 17, but our Chinese Mall have been sold to few countries and is battle proven. While so called ancient Indian civilization manufactured quality product is still getting dusty while sitting on the shelves. Tejas may go down in the history books even with the Bollywood sunny delights the plane still couldn't be resuscitated. Imagine if Karina Kapoor have the choice to appear alongside the Rafale or Tejas which plane she will choose to preserve her market value lol.
Dude, I'm no kidding, even Michael Schumacher must be eating his heart out as Indians have managed to put his Ferrari into shade. :lol:
BTW, Tejas display pilot is called...........Dolly . :laughcry:

DNA Video Team | Updated: Nov 15, 2021, 12:30 PM IST

1005394-airshow.jpg

The Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas showcased superior flying skills on the first day of the Dubai Air Show on November 14. The air show kicked off at Al Maktoum airport in Dubai.

Video link
As a military aviation enthusiast, and from feedback from some ex-PAF pilots who are in UAE.....the Tejas flew a good demo, no question about the pilot's capabilities. But superior flying skills is a bit of an understatement, the maneuvers didn't highlight much of the aircraft's capabilities and performance.

JF-17 has been listed along the likes of quality aircraft like F-35A, Gripen, and Rafale in the Su-75 brochure whereas the flying Samosa is no where to be seen.
Indian stealth tech, can be seen even in a brochure

P.S.: Off topic, I saw the price listed for Su-75 is $30 million, that's far lower than expected!

Last edited:
Well what do you know, the performance by Tejas was so stunning and classified that they decided not to even include it in the footage.
In fact that has even left me stunned.

I am personally stunned that the pilot landed the thing and got out of the cockpit alive....

Bad, bad design - formulated by HAL govt. people with barely enough smarts, polyester pants and rubber flip flops.

They wanted a new ge-naat (Gnat) but now they want it to do cobra maneuvers while carrying the bomb/missile load of F-15s in its micro-mini wings.

Typical Sanghi mentality, spend $5 and wanting benefit of $100.

I am personally stunned that the pilot landed the thing and got out of the cockpit alive....

Bad, bad design - formulated by HAL govt. people with barely enough smarts, polyester pants and rubber flip flops.

They wanted a new ge-naat (Gnat) but now they want it to do cobra maneuvers while carrying the bomb/missile load of F-15s in its micro-mini wings.

Typical Sanghi mentality, spend $5 and wanting benefit of $100.

Correction, LCA is a product of west and assembled in india.

Back
Top Bottom