What's new

Drinking liqour is not Haram - Federal Shariat Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, chocolate is an intoxicant.

Does that mean it's banned?

Allaho akbar!

so i wonder if any of you saw this thread, and then ran to a 5 star hotel somewhere to get a stiff drink --"knowing" that you were "in the clear"

:laugh:

so i wonder if any of you saw this thread, and then ran to a 5 star hotel somewhere to get a stiff drink --"knowing" that you were "in the clear"

:laugh:

I would bet NOBODY changed their behavior about alcohol based on the verdict, or any of the subsequent pontification.

I would bet NOBODY changed their behavior about alcohol based on the verdict, or any of the subsequent pontification.

Agreed. Once they sip it, they're going to spit it out because it tastes like piss at first anyways.

Well, at least beer does.

I'm a heavy binge drinker. Bring it on, fools!

And alcohol, used in moderation, is NOT an intoxicant.

Any intoxicant, even in small proportions is not allowed, less you overdose yourself to intoxication unwillingly.. this is not so difficult to understand :)

Allaho akbar!

Do you lose your conscience? do you forget the difference between good and bad? if so, yes it falls under the same category for you.. as long as something takes you in a condition where you cannot distinguish between 'naiki' (good deeds) and 'badi' (bad deeds), it is haram for you...

Simple rule of tumb!

intoxication is clearly banned in the quran. but like the quran says: the hypocrites will manipulate the words to match their desires

Hunter beer grabbing Bangladesh market

Crown Beverage Limited, a sister concern of Jamuna Group, which is a large business and industrial conglomerate in Bangladesh introduced first locally made alcoholic beverage couple of years back. The company is also capable of producing various types of liquor, including 'Siraji' brand whisky.

Bangladesh's Narcotics Department issued licences to produce beer in the country. Jamuna Group has set up the brewery at Gazipur area, where they are now brewing and marketing Hunter Beer. The brewery can produce up to 100 million cans of beer a year. Annual consumption of beer in Bangladesh is approximately 300 million cans.

Actually, from way back Jamuna Group had been making "energy drinks" in the name of Crown and Hunter. The Narcotics Control Department had complained that the energy drinks contained excessive amounts of alcohol. Now, however, these are no longer energy drinks with too much alcohol content; Jamuna is now producing genuine beer. Bangladesh government lifted ban on production of alcoholic beverage, though any citizen in this Muslim dominated country requires 'license' to consume beer or any such alcoholic beverage.

According to the Narcotics Control Act 1990, no one can drink alcoholic beverages without a licence; no distilleries or breweries can be set up; no alcoholic drink can be produced, processed, carried, transported, imported, exported, supplied, bought, sold, kept, stored, preserved, displayed or used. Now the law have been amended to create scope for local entrepreneurs in producing alcoholic beverages.

The consumption, storage, display, advertising, sales, purchase and supply of alcoholic drinks are banned. But those holding a licence can do all this. However, a licence is required for consumption of liquor. There are about 80 thousand persons in Bangladesh who have such licences to drink and according to available statistics, on an average; these license holders are consuming approximately 160,000 litres of alcoholic beverage every month. The government is issuing 12,000 new licenses to individuals allowing them to consume alcoholic beverage. This is very little in comparison to the country's population. Even so, Jamuna is ready to carry on the beer business.

Hunter beer contains 5 per cent alcohol. The company started selling this brand since 2009. Officials of the Department of Narcotics Control said the company would be able to sell its beer to off-shops, bars, clubs and hotels that have a permission to sell. Earlier, international brands such as Heineken, Tuberg, Carlsberg, Lowenbrau, Elephant, Baron, Atlas etc brands were available in Bangladesh market. Though Crown Beverage is selling locally produced beer at the rate of US$ 0.80 per can [includes local taxes], foreign brands are also being sold in diplomatic and bonded warehouses in the country.

Crown Beverage is advancing slowly despite having a plant with a capacity of brewing 30 tons of beer a day with the major raw materials - malt and hops - being imported from abroad. The company is also setting a beer bottling plant soon targeting international market. The company is eyeing on the huge market of beer in the Middle East and other Asian-African countries.

Hunter beer grabbing Bangladesh market :: Weekly Blitz

lol they were drunk in the meeting instead of being called fedral shariat court FSC it should be called FDC fedral drunk court

Good for us ;)Although the judgement is full of crap. This is THE punishment in the Islamic Law. Its implementation in Pakistan is a separate issue. We should honestly and simply admit the punishment to be unpractical in today's state of affairs rather than trying to justify and cover the non compliance by monkeying with the interpretation of Islam all over. In a country where the supreme court passed a similar judgment to abolish all interest based instruments in 10 years but backed off later by sheepishly agreeing that in today's integrated global economy, it is not workable, why can't the FSC just declare that whipping is no longer practicable as a punishment for alcohol consumption rather than declaring the core punishment in Islamic Juriprudence as 'Un Islamic" and make a mockery of itself. Don't try to re write the script, have the moral courage to defy it!

well the choice is yours really....i mean, i personally think that the word "defy" has strong connotations behind it, no?

Haram means uncoditionally forbidden, for example pork. Quran uses the term "perhaiz kero" for alcohol which is the same category as divorce, allowed but not preferred. The exact ayah have been quoted in this thread previously.

For your kind information their are three different ayats for the ban of Alcohol because it was banned with time so the last ayat day it is banned not you just stay away from it and it is no where HALAL sorry you have taken the wrong meaning Talaq is halal but Alcohol is not

Allaho akbar!
You are really funny man because chocolate a man doesn't losses control and it is not also very damaging to your health but by Alcohol a man loses control on his mind and can do very bad things

Fair enough, but the fact remains that the Quran itself does NOT declare alcohol haram.

If the Quran is all that you hold dear.. then why even revere the prophet for an instant.
If he had no role , why wasn't Quran just bought down as a miracle on everybody??

Whatever the prophet practiced in his life.. he did so as an implementation of the Quran.
If Alcohol was not haram.. then why was it forbidden in the first place?
Is there any record to counter the hadiath that the companions of the prophet continued to drink after it was prohibited??

One can justify the need to consume liquor from here and there.
Pass up excuses.. but what has been laid down as law.. is law.
Ive had eggnog mixed with brandy in my childhood to cure congestion.. but that still did not make it halal.
And once clarified.. I never had it again.

If the Quran is all that you hold dear.. then why even revere the prophet for an instant.
If he had no role , why wasn't Quran just bought down as a miracle on everybody??

Whatever the prophet practiced in his life.. he did so as an implementation of the Quran.
If Alcohol was not haram.. then why was it forbidden in the first place?
Is there any record to counter the hadiath that the companions of the prophet continued to drink after it was prohibited??

One can justify the need to consume liquor from here and there.
Pass up excuses.. but what has been laid down as law.. is law.
Ive had eggnog mixed with brandy in my childhood to cure congestion.. but that still did not make it halal.
And once clarified.. I never had it again.

Ah, that is different.

The Quran did not make it haram, and Muhammad (PBUH) himself did not use it, I accept that. I also accept that it harms much more than it benefits. I myself do not drink.

Just don't misrepresent information, and make it worse by trying to force it on others. That is all I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom