What's new

Drinking liqour is not Haram - Federal Shariat Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamic republic of pakistan to Alcoholic republic of pakistan

Well, consider that the learned and august Federal Shariat Court considered all the evidence before it rendered its verdict.

lol people drink alcoholic there anyway, this rule will make no diffence at all.
just go to Karachi and you will know

Legal or Illegal.

Those who want it, know how to get it.

Prohibition tends to lead to curiosity.

Absolutely correct to say that, since you can make up your mind, and let others make up their minds, based on evidence judged to be logically acceptable to each one.

In short, to each, their own.

So you see, there is no real issue here.

Well there is that little issue of establishing authenticity of facts, after all we can't both be interpreting Einstein's Law of Relativity our own way, can't we now ?

☪☪☪☪;1991515 said:
Absolutely - We should legalize incest too.

It's already legal in Pakistan. You know how many cousins marry each other in Pakistan yearly?

Epic fail.

Well there is that little issue of establishing authenticity of facts, after all we can't both be interpreting Einstein's Law of Relativity our own way, can't we now ?

No issue there either.

The only relevant fact in this debate is that there are many possible interpretations of the Quran where alcohol is concerned. Also, you are wrong about Einstein's work too, since it is not the Law but the Theory of Relativity, which can be further examined by experimentation.

It's already legal in Pakistan. You know how many cousins marry each other in Pakistan yearly?

Epic fail.

Unless the definition is changed Marrying cousins is not incest-:argh:

Incest: The crime of having sexual intercourse with a parent, child, sibling, or grandchild

Unless the definition is changed Marrying cousins is not incest-:argh:

Well, you were too selective in defining incest. The correct definition is as follows:

Incest is sexual intercourse between close relatives that is illegal in the jurisdiction where it takes place and is conventionally considered a taboo. The type of sexual activity and the nature of the relationship between people that constitutes a breach of law or social taboo vary with culture and jurisdiction. Some societies consider incest to include only those who live in the same household, or who belong to the same clan or lineage; other societies consider it to include "blood relatives"; other societies further include those related by adoption or marriage.

No issue there either.

The only relevant fact in this debate is that there are many possible interpretations of the Quran where alcohol is concerned. Also, you are wrong about Einstein's work too, since it is not the Law but the Theory of Relativity, which can be further examined by experimentation.

Lol, I purposely said Law and not Theory and you did exactly what I was hoping you would. When we are so precise as to call it a Theory and not a Law, why leave the interpretation of the Quran to ambiguity ? When facts are presented to you, you either refute them or accept them as accurate, there's no room for I'll do what makes me happy attitude.

Lol, I purposely said Law and not Theory and you did exactly what I was hoping you would. When we are so precise as to call it a Theory and not a Law, why leave the interpretation of the Quran to ambiguity ? When facts are presented to you, you either refute them or accept them as accurate, there's no room for I'll do what makes me happy attitude.

Because the Quran is a divine text, and cannot be judged by rules of science and experimentation and logic?

Because religious law has always been a matter of interpretation, starting from the Hadith, which, by definition is Muhammad's (PBUH) interpretation of the Quran?

Because the Quran itself gives the right of Ijmah to its followers as a means for updating interpretations by mutual consensus?

Because there is a wide space between rebuttal and acceptance, and even the Quran and Hadith accept that space?

Need I go on? (You really need to practice more to improve your "intellectual" kung fu! :D )

☪☪☪☪;1991515 said:
Absolutely - We should legalize incest too.

So shall the US remove Paedophile laws along with underage s** and some others.. they should also allow children to drink openly etc etc.

They don't do that.. don't know why? :P

It's just as bad. Enjoy your increased chances of genetic defects.

Hilarious :P.. if that was true, Muslims should be genetically defected all over the world.. where as i see more 'handicap' in England than i ever saw in my whole life in Pakistan :P..

Because the Quran is a divine text, and cannot be judged by rules of science and experimentation and logic?

Because religious law has always been a matter of interpretation, starting from the Hadith, which, by definition is Muhammad's (PBUH) interpretation of the Quran?

Because the Quran itself gives the right of Ijmah to its followers as a means for updating interpretations by mutual consensus?

Because there is a wide space between rebuttal and acceptance, and even the Quran and Hadith accept that space?

Need I go on? (You really need to practice more to improve your "intellectual" kung fu! :D )

:) Only Mutashabihaat can be discussed.. clear or 'vazeh' orders cannot come under your definition..

Ahadees are not Prophet's (PBUH) interpretations of Qur'an.. these are his sayings to be followed.. interpretation means 'according to his understanding'.. He was always 'told'.. he never 'understood'..

Ijma is done on things which are not clearly mentioned and come under 'mutashabihaat'.. for example.. Is cig halal or haram?

Hope you are more clear on the concepts now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom