What's new

DREAM TEAM (Cricket)

Humble Pakistani

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you are a diehard Pakistani cricket fan like me then you are probably still getting over the team’s pathetic performance at the Champions trophy. It is safe to say that losing is becoming a part of our cricket culture. You don’t even have to go too far back to recall that we lost the Test and ODI series in South Africa right before the Champions Trophy. And if it wasn’t for that magical partnership between Wahab Riaz and Kamran Akmal we would’ve lost to Ireland as well. I am only recalling the recent loses here. The point to note is that long gone are those days when you were winning consistently and had match winning players. I waste enough time blaming the players, politics, selectors, and the system. So, I will refrain from discussing these issues in this article. I will say that the blame must be shared at some point. I will say that mediocrity has made a home in our cricket culture. I will spare the bowlers because they continue to put us in winning situations. But you will not win consistently by relying on a few selected players. You have 11 players who are representing the nation of over 180 million people. They all need to justify their place in the team. In reality, it might be a while before you see the glory days again. The batting department needs to be recontructed for the most part, and that is not going to happen overnight. I am a true fan, and I would be content, as long as the administration starts taking the right steps. Meanwhile, all we can really do is wait and hope for the best. On that same note, I do have a question for you! Who would you pick in your dream team? I mean if you could have any player from past or present. Let’s say, if you could select 14 players with 3 reserves, who would be in you starting lineup? Here is my dream team:

Starting 11:

1. Saeed Anwar
2. Hanif Mohammed
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Javed Miandad
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq
6. Imran Khan (C)
7. Moin Khan (Wicketkeeper)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Waqar Younis
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Saeed ajmal

Reserves:

1. Mohammad Yousef
2. Abdul Qadir
3. Fazal Mahmood

Please tell me who would make your dream team.

Great team....I would rather have Mohammad Yousef in the playing eleven and Mohammad Amir as on of the reserves.

a simple request to people here,why dont u guys post whom u have seen play instead of putting hanif mohammad and all?

ll make more sense.

Saeed Anwar,Inzamam Ul Haq,Mohammad Yousuf,Younis Khan,Moin Khan,Wasim,Shoaib Akhtar,Saqlain,Waqar,Asif.

a simple request to people here,why dont u guys post whom u have seen play instead of putting hanif mohammad and all?

ll make more sense.

Saeed Anwar,Inzamam Ul Haq,Mohammad Yousuf,Younis Khan,Moin Khan,Wasim,Shoaib Akhtar,Saqlain,Waqar,Asif.

I don't know about Younis Khan....he is way too inconsistent...

i cpuldn't think of a better batsman i saw,i saw quite a few like afridi/Misbah/rameez raja/aamir sohail but felt younis khan was better than the other options.

i do not this so that a Misbah is the right option for the pakstani team... you are also not favor in Pakistani team..
Misbah is just burden in the pakistni team that pakistani team taken bronxbull i am not favor with you that Misbah is the right option for the Pakistani team

Back
Top Bottom