What's new

DRDO's new assault rifle will be a disaster for the army

Indian Army has unrealistic expectations from it's combat systems.
its simpli corruption and nothing else as they first make unrealistic goal posts for the vendors and when they fail to do that they(indian army) nagociates with them by lowering the standards and making a cut/kickbacks so why give them what they want we should give them what we can afford

its simpli corruption and nothing else as they first make unrealistic goal posts for the vendors and when they fail to do that they(indian army) nagociates with them by lowering the standards and making a cut/kickbacks so why give them what they want we should give them what we can afford
I think the problem lies in the staff HQ, where people who envisage the procurement are quite disconnected from the reality.

Instead of playing this game of rfp non-sense, it would have been sensible if we inducted ACR or the TAR 21 Tavor right away and fast-tracked the development of the MCIWS.

In my opinion they have got the MCIWS concept correct, although I wish it was in a Bullpup configuration.

I think the problem lies in the staff HQ, where people who envisage the procurement are quite disconnected from the reality.

Instead of playing this game of rfp non-sense, it would have been sensible if we inducted ACR or the TAR 21 Tavor right away and fast-tracked the development of the MCIWS.

In my opinion they have got the MCIWS concept correct, although I wish it was in a Bullpup configuration.
exactly.jpg

i always said what you said in your last comment but some "bongoolee bhadrooo poorooshs" ganged up against me and made fun of me

conventional layowts are obsolete and all the new armies are going for bull pups even US army & special forces uses stealth recon scout as their prefferred sniper rifle as they are easy to carry and conceal and clean + have more range as they can house twice as longer barrel than a conventional layowt gun thus have more range and accuracy

Dude,I don't think the generals in the Indian Army likes the bullpup concept,in past they have rejected two such designs without putting them through evaluation trials.

i always said what you said in your last comment but some "bongoolee bhadrooo poorooshs" ganged up against me and made fun of me

conventional layowts are obsolete and all the new armies are going for bull pups even US army & special forces uses stealth recon scout as their prefferred sniper rifle as they are easy to carry and conceal and clean + have more range as they can house twice as longer barrel than a conventional layowt gun thus have more range and accuracy

Twice!! :o:

I don't remember opposing a Bullpup pattern, If I did, I don't remember.

Alright this is an excerpt from my post from October 2012:
Future of Insas rifle system:

Now India is in a position where stamped low cost rifle is not the need of the hour. New Insas or the F-Insas needs to have a solid machined receiver with high quality metals and precision machining.

New rifle system needs to be modular with 4 barrel systems and 5 quick change receivers, One barrel system can fire both 7.62x 39 and with change in receiver on the same barrel should accommodate the 7.62 x 51 nato (both the cartridges have same bullet but different casing lengths)

There should be dedicated receiver and barells for , 5.56 Nato, 6.8 SPC and a short barell system for OFB 5.56 x 30 round as a cqb carbine.

The system needs to be a bullpup system.

Rifle needs to have integrated peep sights, picatinny optics rails on and a quad rail system on the forward grips.

Rifle should also have tapped barrels and should come with a breaching flash hiders, a muzzle brake (for 7.62x 51) and a suppressor (for 5.56 x 30).
What INSAS has really achieved after 15 years & what its future | Page 3

Now India is in a position where stamped low cost rifle is not the need of the hour. New Insas or the F-Insas needs to have a solid machined receiver with high quality metals and precision machining.

New rifle system needs to be modular with 4 barrel systems and 5 quick change receivers, One barrel system can fire both 7.62x 39 and with change in receiver on the same barrel should accommodate the 7.62 x 51 nato (both the cartridges have same bullet but different casing lengths)

There should be dedicated receiver and barells for , 5.56 Nato, 6.8 SPC and a short barell system for OFB 5.56 x 30 round as a cqb carbine.

Rifle needs to have integrated peep sights, picatinny optics rails on and a quad rail system on the forward grips.

Rifle should also have tapped barrels and should come with a breaching flash hiders, a muzzle brake (for 7.62x 51) and a suppressor (for 5.56 x 30).
i think Tevor 21 already fits the bill then as its barrel can be changed very eaily and its modular why dint army guys orderred it in big numbers or went for large scale licence production while speeding up the R&D for desi version

i think Tevor 21 already fits the bill then as its barrel can be changed very eaily and its modular why dint army guys orderred it in big numbers or went for large scale licence production while speeding up the R&D for desi version
Cost, Tavor costs around $2200 and a Insas around $380. Army's expectation is to get a world beater at $800 price point.

Cost, Tavor costs around $2200 and a Insas around $380. Army's expectation is to get a world beater at $800 price point.
but what if we make it on very large sacle under TOT or liecense manufacturing in india under "make in india " im sure we can cut the costs to more than half easily

but what if we make it on very large sacle under TOT or liecense manufacturing in india under "make in india " im sure we can cut the costs to more than half easily
not so sure. about it either, OFB has a license production variant of tar 21 called zittara.

not so sure. about it either, OFB has a license production variant of tar 21 called zittara.
zittara is a 9mm carbine version i guess yet again the army procurement guys messed it up as israelies knowing superiorty of their design must have rejjected army guys over asking for too much in kickbacks

I know what you had said.But Army rejected the bullpup version of INSAS back in the 90s without any trials.The story repeated itself with the earlier bullpup version of the MCIWS,again rejected without trials.This leads me to believe Army ,at least some officers do not like this concept.

Ok,commenting on the first post.

It shows ex 300 earphones one on one free..................please don't buy.They are fake.:D

Back
Top Bottom