What's new

DRDO's AESA radar for tajas mk2 is derived from Israeli EL/M 2052

In LCA MK 1 radar, All component except computer was was Indian. Computer was Israeli.

got my copy of Vayu yesterday some points on 2052

it was confirmed to Vayu writer way back in 2013 Aero India about 2052

he failed to confirm if it will be Hybrid or derivative or some parts of 2052 radar will be used in Indian Aesa .

he mentioned that after Export ban it was believed that 2032 Hybird MMR will be used has a base to develop AESA radar but now he has been confirmed that it will be based on 2052 but again he failed to mention what will be contribution of Israeli systems in Indian Aesa .

Any chance you can post the article or a pic of the important parts? So basically as expected, nothing confirmed and IDRW just souped-up things up.

So Now TEJAS will match the Radar of F16D Block 52s
IF this news is true the LCA Mk.2's radar will be significantly more capable than the APG-68 on the F-16 Blk.52 in pretty much every conceivable parameter.

So LCA will have AESA and so will the IAF's Rafales that just leaves the MKIs (in terms of the IAF's 4.5 gen fighter fleet going foreword), news on the SUPER Sukhoi upgrade is very much overdue.

Any chance you can post the article or a pic of the important parts? So basically as expected, nothing confirmed and IDRW just souped-up things up.

Author confirmed it in this report . i am putting a snapshot of it .

Attachments

• 2014-10-16 18.51.50.jpg
    2014-10-16 18.51.50.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Author confirmed it in this report . i am putting a snapshot of it .

Great, thanks! I meant that the article doesn't confirm what IDRW claimed, that the radar of MK2 will be a
derived from the EL/M 2052. It says that it would be the EL 2052 and that although LRDE was working on a seperate indigenous AESA radar. However, we have seen ELTA presenting the EL2052 on Aero India shows for years and it constantly was rejected by the US for India, so I wouldn't put much on these reports unless there is a propper official source backing it up. But as I said, taking the Israeli radar is more of a setback than a reason to celebrate. It might make LCA more capable as a fighter, but shows the state of our own fighter radar development skills.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom