What's new

DRDO targets increased indigenisation, export of defence products

No one forces Indian Army to do anything.They are satisfied with Arjun Mk1 and wants a more improved version,tailor made for their tastes and that Arjun Mk2
One word T-90

Su-30MKI cannot be exported AFAIK,but its numerous subsystems can be
Your sub systems----> can export
Not your aircraft----> can't export
it's THAT simple....

Indian shipyards have been crowded with local orders,still they've managed to export them.I can provide you the details if you want.
Would love too read a report or two....

You are calling 12x12 miniscule??FYI your nation's automobile sector lags seriously behind ours............
I agree your civil industrial complex is better but you see in Pakistan our military industrial complex is a complete different thing. And yea minuscule cause it's just a truck....

Excuse me,where did I ever state "we start inducting everything"?
We have the need,we have the money,we have the capability, so we have them!
You didn't.....
Need
Money
Capability
-----> different things, think about it.

You were unable to grasp what to wanted to say, if you're looking for dic* measuring contest then sure i can start and say that we are doing JV with an American company on a really high tech. military vehicle.

You are the one who banged into this thread stating India do not have military products to exports,and you're proved wrong.

One word T-90

Your sub systems----> can export
Not your aircraft----> can't export
it's THAT simple....

Would love too read a report or two....

I agree your civil industrial complex is better but you see in Pakistan our military industrial complex is a complete different thing. And yea minuscule cause it's just a truck....

You didn't.....
Need
Money
Capability
-----> different things, think about it.

-Another word "Arjun Mk2".We make T-90s locally too,along with its subsystems.

-The point is we can still export things.

-http://GRSE launches first export warship for Mauritian coastguard - The Hindu
Surface Forces: An Indian First

-When it comes to Vehicles like trucks in most cases,civil sector expertise translates into military sector expertise,or vice-versa.

-12x12 are not easy piece of cake either.Not everyone produces them.Also there are sevaral othe r vehicles which can exported and has been exported.

-Another word "Arjun Mk2".We make T-90s locally too,along with its subsystems.
The point was your army still went with the T 90 in large numbers.

-http://GRSE launches first export warship for Mauritian coastguard - The Hindu
Surface Forces: An Indian First
One order so far....?

-When it comes to Vehicles like trucks in most cases,civil sector expertise translates into military sector expertise,or vice-versa.
Exactly! but as i've said our military industrial complex is a bit different.

-12x12 are not easy piece of cake either.Not everyone produces them.Also there are sevaral othe r vehicles which can exported and has been exported.
It is a truck with tyres with an engine up front.....

My first post...

your subsequent posts:

33eis5d.jpg

29kwebb.jpg

Well, i just quoted my first post and that's it.... as far as the credibilty of what i post goes, here you go....
The article however just showes the habit of DRDO, claiming and dreaming big, without delivering.

One order so far....?

Exactly! but as i've said our military industrial complex is a bit different.

It is a truck with tyres with an engine up front.....

-The T-90s were inducted because of their commonality with T-72.Order of T-90s does not mean the Arjun is rejected.IA has always operated multiple types of MBTs.Arjun Mk2s are in trials.In future there will be a mix of T-90s and Arjuns,like we had the T-55+Vijayanta combo.

-As I already told you,warship exports were low,and we are looking to change it.There is one or two more,but couldn't find'em.Any way the numbers are low for sure

-Yes,its a truck with engine up front.Most nations,inlcuding yours depends on imports for such trucks,ain't it?Please let me know if there's any Pak manufacturer that makes 12x12 trucks.Indian trucks therefore has export potential.

Well, i just quoted my first post and that's it.... as far as the credibilty of what i post goes, here you go....

That doesn't mean that India do not have products with export potential.I too share Sancho's opinion,no doubt.DRDO definitly needs to improve its performance,but that doesn't mean they're bad performers now.

@FunkyGen :The question is ,will you agree with me if I say India has a multitude of defence products that has export potential?

1000 units of T-90 and 250 Units of Arjun. Arjun is heavy tank so its deployment area is limited and according to its deployment , army order and Arjun MK-3 is on works which will be around 50 T

@FunkyGen :The question is ,will you agree with me if I say India has a multitude of defence products that has export potential?
Give me data e.g.
I've seen videos of naag and concluding from the test video and specs. it's a damn good missile. Is it up for export btw?
One of your missiles AKASH is under testing.
For your SAMs i don't know much about them. Would prefer some videos along with specs.
Cruise missile is another tech. that can be sold, i'd rate you fine in that too, i just have doubts about whether anyone will buy from you or will they prefer Russian?
Your military vehicles are good.
Your helis can also prove to be strong sells.
Aircrafts and tanks are a no for now.

1000 units of T-90 and 250 Units of Arjun. Arjun is heavy tank so its deployment area is limited and according to its deployment , army order and Arjun MK-3 is on works which will be around 50 T
You're reducing weight and we're increasing it, funny.

Give me data e.g.
I've seen videos of naag and concluding from the test video and specs. it's a damn good missile. Is it up for export btw?
One of your missiles AKASH is under testing.
For your SAMs i don't know much about them. Would prefer some videos along with specs.
Cruise missile is another tech. that can be sold, i'd rate you fine in that too, i just have doubts about whether anyone will buy from you or will they prefer Russian?
Your military vehicles are good.
Your helis can also prove to be strong sells.
Aircrafts and tanks are a no for now.

Nag ATGMs are currently equipped with IIR seekers and the work is on with MMW seekers.An air launched version,HELINA,has been tested successfully too.Army has placed a limited order and the missile has not yet entered full production.

Akash is already in service with IAF and its routine to have tests of already inducted missiles.Akash is our medium range SAM.

Cruise missile,BrahMos is a JV with Russia any sales will benefit them too.Nirbhay is on its way.

Yes,military vehicles are good we've already exported them too.Same is the case with helis,we've exported'em too.

Aircrafts and Tanks can also be exported,we have UAVs,Tejas and Arjun also has export potential.

You can visit this thread,were we've compiled some of India's products:
Made in India military weapons and support systems

Some of the exports already made include (those which I remeber):Sale of Radars to Indonesia and others,Sub Systems to Israel,Vehicles to Nepal and some other nations,Helis to Eucador and others etc

We do have the potential to export:
-Small Arms
-Sonars
-Radars
-Missiles
-Helicopters
-Simulators
-Ammo
-MBTs
-Aircrafts
-Ships
-Support Systems
-Vehicles
-Sensors
-Defensive systems

The problem is,our industry is not export oriented,as of now.They don't have the budget or will to bulk produce and aggressively market the products or export them.
Eg: HAL Dhruv performed well in Chile but lost to Bell 412 due to pressure from US govt.
Nag in the current form (with IIR seekers) do have the export potential,but the manufacturing agency cannot bulk produce it without getting the money and order from Army and therefore can't even think of exports!

You're reducing weight and we're increasing it, funny.

The claim that "Arjun is overweight and cannot be deployed in all places" has been debunked already.There's no real plans for a Arjun MK3 AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom