What's new

DRDO targets increased indigenisation, export of defence products

Do you have any idea about various indigenously developed missile systems,aircraft,military vehicles,ships & submarines used by Indian forces ?
If not,its better to shut up.
Nationalistic BS doesn't impress me you know....
I'm not at all implying that we are some super powa or anything but at least my country uses her own tanks and is inducting her own fighters..... rest of the things we already make or are in the process of making.....

Kitni gehraai hai baba....
Any ways on a serious note, all i was saying is that the most conventional sort of weapons produced by DRDO i.e. tanks and fighter jets are yet to face full and proper induction and later go on to prove them, only after that will countries be serious about buying them.
With all respect mate,Arjun and LCA are just the tip of the iceberg.DRDO has developed a vast majority of other products that is already in mass production and has export potential.

I'm not at all implying that we are some super powa or anything but at least my country uses her own tanks and is inducting her own fighters..... rest of the things we already make or are in the process of making.....

I guess you know that 'our own' means JV with China...:woot:

We use indigenously produced tanks as well as indigenously developed ones.

In our case

fighters-we produce Su 30 MKI with many Indian systems,tejas is right around the corner.And we had produced many examples of migs under license.

For trainers,we have indigenous designs,right from 1960s-HPT 32 Deepak,HJT 16 Kiran.HJT 36 Sitara.

For helicopters-HAL Dhruv already in service.LCH almost ready

Ships-We already have our own destroyers,frigates,corvettes,tankers ,SSBNs built,and Aircraft carrier is nearly complete.

For SAMs,BMDs-We already have inducted Akash.BMD phase 1 ready to induct.

RADARS-INDRA,RAJENDRA,SWORDFISH,3D MPR,AEW &C and more

SONARS-HUMSA,Panchendriya,Mihir dunking sonar and more

For military vehicles,we even develop our own 12 X 12s now.

So whats your point ?

With all respect mate,Arjun and LCA are just the tip of the iceberg.DRDO has developed a vast majority of other products that is already in mass production and has export potential.
Most conventional sort of weapons-----> Ease of selling+They form the major chunk of weapons sales

Its just not any nationalistic bs mate,its a fact that India has more number of locally produced items than Pakistan. For eg, 5 of the frontline jets of IAF are produced in India (Su-30MKI,MiG-21,MiG-29,Jaguars,Tejas),2 of the three MBTs we use are produced in India,with the 3rd one being on the way (T-72,Arjun;T-90 complete production on the way)

forget about radars,guns,vehicles etc

Most conventional sort of weapons-----> Ease of selling+They form the major chunk of weapons sales

I wasn't talking of missiles mate.........................

I guess you know that 'our own' means JV with China...
Ok you got me, but we do own 58% of the aircraft, plus it has a good export plus growth potential, not to mention the JV helped to put it in service a lot sooner. Slowly but surely capabilities will be built up and we'll be producing more components in house which is a positive development.

We use indigenously produced tanks as well as indigenously developed ones.
The fact that a meager 128 or so have been inducted just shows that the army was forced to induct, no force in the world likes logistical night mares.

fighters-we produce Su 30 MKI with many Indian systems,tejas is right around the corner.And we had produced many examples of migs under license.
Can you export Su 30? i don't know...
LCA is a joke for now, first induct it, then fly thousands of sorties with it, develop SOPs and then come to the table and talk about it's capabilities.

For trainers,we have indigenous designs,right from 1960s-HPT 32 Deepak,HJT 16 Kiran.HJT 36 Sitara.
Don't know about the development, sorry.

For helicopters-HAL Dhruv already in service.LCH almost ready
A decent helicopter i must say, has given you a lot of industrial potential.

Ships-We already have our own destroyers,frigates,corvettes,tankers ,SSBNs built,and Aircraft carrier is nearly complete.
I accept you are dominant here, how many exports have you made btw. keen to know about em'

For SAMs,BMDs-We already have inducted Akash.BMD phase 1 ready to induct.
Good going....

For military vehicles,we even develop our own 12 X 12s now.
Minuscule stuff

with price tag of around 26 million dollars even Tejas has great export potential as the cheapest 4+ gen fighter aircraft

That's the fly away cost, without R&D costs..., which would apply to export customers.

The article however just showes the habit of DRDO, claiming and dreaming big, without delivering.

Its just not any nationalistic bs mate,its a fact that India has more number of locally produced items than Pakistan. For eg, 5 of the frontline jets of IAF are produced in India (Su-30MKI,MiG-21,MiG-29,Jaguars,Tejas),2 of the three MBTs we use are produced in India,with the 3rd one being on the way (T-72,Arjun;T-90 complete production on the way)
forget about radars,guns,vehicles etc
I am of the opinion that you guys should have taken it slow with the no. of aircrafts, logistical nightmares they are. Also there are reports on your manufacturing being faulty more than once.
Well, on tanks i'd say we're pretty much equal.

LCA is a joke for now

In what way ?

first induct it,

Would be done next year .BTW was JF 17 also considered as a joke before it was innducted

I accept you are dominant here, how many exports have you made btw. keen to know about em'

Our public sector shipyards do not export naval ships.

Minuscule stuff

Not really...

1051439d1360923382-scoop-spotted-tata-all-wheel-drive-truck-1359794767a6378.jpg

And we develop more-MRAPs, Utility Tactical Vehicles, light bulletproof vehicles, Armored Fighting Vehicle ,4 X 4 trucks & more & export it too.

I am of the opinion that you guys should have taken it slow with the no. of aircrafts, logistical nightmares they are. Also there are reports on your manufacturing being faulty more than once.
@sancho give this guy a negative Rating for derailing thread Pakistani members do it many often

Well,thats the difference between IAF and PAF.India has a much bigger territory,industrial base,economy and needs which called for different types of aircrafts.It'll change for sure,with multirole aircrafts handling more than one roles. The point is we have the money,capability and industrial base to handle multiple types of aircrafts.

My point still stands that India has produced a vast number of products (missiles,guns,vehicles,radars,aircrafts) which have export potential.

Ok you got me, but we do own 58% of the aircraft, plus it has a good export plus growth potential, not to mention the JV helped to put it in service a lot sooner. Slowly but surely capabilities will be built up and we'll be producing more components in house which is a positive development.

The fact that a meager 128 or so have been inducted just shows that the army was forced to induct, no force in the world likes logistical night mares.

Can you export Su 30? i don't know...
LCA is a joke for now, first induct it, then fly thousands of sorties with it, develop SOPs and then come to the table and talk about it's capabilities.

Don't know about the development, sorry.

A decent helicopter i must say, has given you a lot of industrial potential.

Good going....

Minuscule stuff

No one forces Indian Army to do anything.They are satisfied with Arjun Mk1 and wants a more improved version,tailor made for their tastes and that Arjun Mk2

Su-30MKI cannot be exported AFAIK,but its numerous subsystems can be

LCA is a joke? How?

Indian shipyards have been crowded with local orders,still they've managed to export them.I can provide you the details if you want.

You are calling 12x12 miniscule??FYI your nation's automobile sector lags seriously behind ours............

Would be done next year .BTW was JF 17 also considered as a joke before it was innducted
Yes, that's why J-10 was on the cards, only after the 17 proved that it was a credible platform that not only flew 10,000 sorties but also displayed good manoeuvrability was it able to gain the trust of PAF.

Our public sector shipyards do not export naval ships.
Ok your choice.

And we develop more-MRAPs, Utility Tactical Vehicles, light bulletproof vehicles, Armored Fighting Vehicle ,4 X 4 trucks & more & export it too.
You were unable to grasp what to wanted to say, if you're looking for dic* measuring contest then sure i can start and say that we are doing JV with an American company on a really high tech. military vehicle.

Well,thats the difference between IAF and PAF.India has a much bigger territory,industrial base,economy and needs which called for different types of aircrafts.It'll change for sure,with multirole aircrafts handling more than one roles. The point is we have the money,capability and industrial base to handle multiple types of aircrafts.
My point still stands that India has produced a vast number of products (missiles,guns,vehicles,radars,aircrafts) which have export potential.
Just because you have a bigger territory,industrial base,economy doesn't mean that you start inducting everything. Please let the common sense in you prevail.

Just because you have a bigger territory,industrial base,economy doesn't mean that you start inducting everything. Please let the common sense in you prevail.
Excuse me,where did I ever state "we start inducting everything"?

We have the need,we have the money,we have the capability, so we have them!

Back
Top Bottom