What's new

DRDO targets increased indigenisation, export of defence products

Yes, that's why J-10 was on the cards, only after the 17 proved that it was a credible platform that not only flew 10,000 sorties but also displayed good manoeuvrability was it able to gain the trust of PAF.

Well, LCA is a capable platform

ou were unable to grasp what to wanted to say, if you're looking for dic* measuring contest then sure i can start and say that we are doing JV with an American company on a really high tech. military vehicle.

I don't know what ticked you off. I said we have developed various types of military vehicles and exported them too.And making a 12 X 12 is not an easy deal.

I don't think LCA is a joke...It is a capable 4++ gen fighter..but here is a big joke..-A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan

Focusing more on indigenous industries is a fantastic idea.

Because that means the money you spend on defence (which will be considerable over the long term), goes back into your own country, and strengthens your own domestic defence industries.

This adds up a lot over the years.

Also, in times of war, you can redirect your national manufacturing base towards the mass production of indigenous weapons platforms, without having to pay exorbitant fees to foreign suppliers.

Building up indigenous capabilities is the best long-term solution.

You are growing sentimental :D
naan apart from LCA ,

A) MBRL ( Pinaka 42KM and MK-II of 60 KM ) is ready for export and MK-III of 120KM is in progress.
B) ALH "Dhruv" , ALH-WSI " Rudra" , and LCH is in progress
C) 15mm 45 caliber tow Gun, and 52 caliber under development.
D) Heavy ATM system is in place (Nag)
E) Medium SAM system is in place

would be ready for export if production permits

naan apart from LCA ,

A) MBRL ( Pinaka 42KM and MK-II of 60 KM ) is ready for export and MK-III of 120KM is in progress.
B) ALH "Dhruv" , ALH-WSI " Rudra" , and LCH is in progress
C) 15mm 45 caliber tow Gun, and 52 caliber under development.
D) Heavy ATM system is in place (Nag)
E) Medium SAM system is in place

would be ready for export if production permits
U too! :D

Focusing more on indigenous industries is a fantastic idea.

Because that means the money you spend on defence (which will be considerable over the long term), goes back into your own country, and strengthens your own domestic defence industries.

This adds up a lot over the years.

Also, in times of war, you can redirect your national manufacturing base towards the mass production of indigenous weapons platforms, without having to pay exorbitant fees to foreign suppliers.

Building up indigenous capabilities is the best long-term solution.

很酷的故事兄弟。

1000 units of T-90 and 250 Units of Arjun. Arjun is heavy tank so its deployment area is limited and according to its deployment , army order and Arjun MK-3 is on works which will be around 50 T

Two corrections :

1.Arjun is not a "Heavy" tank but a Main Battle Tank!!

2.The 50 ton tank is just a hoax,the IA DGMO hasn't even drafted the PSQR (Preliminary Stuff Qualifications Requirements),let alone the GSQR for the Arjun Mk3 yet!!So where did you get your figure from,Sire??

can pakistan make a simple indigenous car without help from china or jap?
what are u guyz talking about indigenous aircrafts. its BS.
How can you say like that :angry: they made Sitara "Car" :rofl:
sitara.jpg

Nationalistic BS doesn't impress me you know....
I'm not at all implying that we are some super powa or anything but at least my country uses her own tanks and is inducting her own fighters..... rest of the things we already make or are in the process of making.....

you guys don't even make good bikes/cars I really do not think that you can make fighter planes? It takes a big manufacturing base & research to be able to do something like that which third world countries are unable to do so.

@FunkyGen :The question is ,will you agree with me if I say India has a multitude of defence products that has export potential?

Many nations have products that have export potential, but defence exports have a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration: quality, price, delivery time, production capacity, support, finance, competition etc.

India has been very poor when comes to both development and marketing in the defence sector, through policies and inefficient public sector, india has never been a potential exporter. The few recent export a very few for a nation it's size don't really give buyers confidence, even Croatia and Serbia are bigger exporters.

Let's take the LCA, yes it's a nice plane but it will have trouble in the export markets for the following reasons:

A. It's been in development since the early 80s, that's over 30 years.
B. It's still to be inducted into the IAF in significant numbers.
C. HAL will first have to complete deliveries to the IAF before exports.
D. Many of the systems and subsystems are sourced from multiple countries (who may also have aircraft in that category).
E. HAL quotes a price of $26mn per aircraft, but that does not include dev cost or support. For exports the likely unit price will be over $40mn. The question a buyer will ask what else can I get for that price.

Those are just a few questions that come to me....then you need to see who will potentially buy it? Who are you unlikely to export to? Who will the US, object to? The list of potential buyers keeps going down....

Anyway good luck....

you guys don't even make good bikes/cars I really do not think that you can make fighter planes? It takes a big manufacturing base & research to be able to do something like that which third world countries are unable to do so.
Yeah but we are doing it at the expense of our poor, defence is one of the reasons our countries are under developed , but guess what i am glad that we are spending on defence and that we are a nuclear, i just shudder at the thought of US invading my country.

I don't think LCA is a joke...It is a capable 4++ gen fighter..but here is a big joke..-A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan

Well i never said our aircraft is not a joke, actually in my opinion every machine which hasn't proved itself in the battle field is a joke. Let me give you an example, our Anza SAMs took out two to three of your air crafts, that's why they are no joke, and that's why Malaysia bought them. We'll see about thunder, but i'm kinda confident you know, call it nationalism or what ever but i am confident.

Yeah but we are doing it at the expense of our poor, defence is one of the reasons our countries are under developed , but guess what i am glad that we are spending on defence and that we are a nuclear, i just shudder at the thought of US invading my country.

Well i never said our aircraft is not a joke, actually in my opinion every machine which hasn't proved itself in the battle field is a joke. Let me give you an example, our Anza SAMs took out two to three of your air crafts, that's why they are no joke, and that's why Malaysia bought them. We'll see about thunder, but i'm kinda confident you know, call it nationalism or what ever but i am confident.

Check Sipri to find out which of the two countries has higher export of defence articles... that should help.

Check Sipri to find out which of the two countries has higher export of defence articles... that should help.
Did any of my posts imply that we export more?

Btw checked it out, surprisingly there is a country named "un named country" in the latest list of exporters of arms. I don't want to speculate, could be us could be any country, but one thing is for sure i believe and that is the fact that Nawaz is pro business, let's see how he sees our defence industry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom